When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I actually do want it to be a success given I actually give a f**k about the people around me. You're the sort of person who revels in the failure of ideas you don't like, regardless of the cost.

You want it to be a success?Nicola will then graciously say the required trigger for Indy2 has been removed and you'll rejoice in that.Aye will ye now...

6 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

You want it to be a success?Nicola will then graciously say the required trigger for Indy2 has been removed and you'll rejoice in that.Aye will ye now...

The obvious point here is that those who expect Brexit to go as badly as predicted hope it will lead to a successful vote on Scottish statehood and sovereignty. What does your (seeming) delight at the prospect of seeing an independent Scotland fail hope to achieve? A successful vote on dissolving that Scottish statehood and sovereignty and actively seeking to no longer exist as an independent state?

Edited by Antlion

The obvious point here is that those who expect Brexit to go as badly as predicted hope it will lead to a successful vote on Scottish statehood and sovereignty. What does your (seeming) delight at the prospect of seeing an independent Scotland fail hope to achieve? A successful vote on dissolving that Scottish statehood and sovereignty and actively seeking to no longer exist as an independent state?

Again i expressed no delight seeming or otherwise at failure in an Independent Scotland despite the usual attempt to say anyone questioning the future being a success is somehow revelling in prospective failure.I think it will be a fiscal disaster and the SNP will have some anger issues to deal with.Not everyone has a deep interest in politics and some will just buy into what a rich success Scotland will be and if that's not delivered...
Also i do not buy for a second the idea separatists would be happy with Brexit retaining single market access.Another "fundamental change" will pop up asap.

If Unionist's are so confident of a yes vote being defeated again, they why won't they agree to it? 

That is my question.

To be honest if it was me i would have it right now not after the SNP have a couple of years to manufacture greivances instead of running Scotland.

7 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

Again i expressed no delight seeming or otherwise at failure in an Independent Scotland despite the usual attempt to say anyone questioning the future being a success is somehow revelling in prospective failure.I think it will be a fiscal disaster and the SNP will have some anger issues to deal with.Not everyone has a deep interest in politics and some will just buy into what a rich success Scotland will be and if that's not delivered...
Also i do not buy for a second the idea separatists would be happy with Brexit retaining single market access.Another "fundamental change" will pop up asap.

I think the main problem is that Westminster or BT2.0 could promise the earth, single market, freedom of movement, subsidised Irn Bru and guaranteed World Cup qualification and nobody, who hasn't had a severe brain injury or would vote No purely for ethnic/cultural (fuckwits) reasons would believe them. 

Sorry what was that Gordon? Super-extra-special maxy Devo you say? f**k off.

I think the main problem is that Westminster or BT2.0 could promise the earth, single market, freedom of movement, subsidised Irn Bru and guaranteed World Cup qualification and nobody, who hasn't had a severe brain injury or would vote No purely for ethnic/cultural (fuckwits) reasons would believe them. 

But surely if we stay in the single market which i doubt but for arguments sake Nicola must then not have Indy2 until a further fundemental change ? She said it herself.....its pish though.

24 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

still with this pish 2 years down the line. nobody voted no who wanted to vote yes. nobody voted no becuase of the vow, nobody voted no becuase we were promised anything.

everyone who voted no did so becuase their either british nationalists / football loyalists (small but significant) or becuase they thought that their jobs, pensions , value of their house ,disposable income  or all of the above would be adversly affected by independence. that and they put all the eggs in the currency union basket and waffled instead of giving straight answers when the uk played hardball.

thats why we lost last time and thats why we'll lose again if we have it soon, doesnt realy matter about the eu or anything else (the sky wont fall in after a hard brexit, no more than it would with scotland leaving the eu!) i dont think the eu or theresa may is important enough to make enough no voters change their mind in such a short space of time, mind. people are bound to be sick of referendums now