When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

And his son wanders around online forums spraying personal abuse from dawn till dusk.

What a family.

Shut the f**k up you worthless piece of subhuman shit. 

9 minutes ago, mizfit said:

@jupe1407 Is this your dad?

Nah, that would have been a pillow-over-the-face scenario years ago :lol:

7 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

In your head this made sense right?

4 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Your patter is mince. <_<

24 minutes ago, Menzel said:

Hopefully the Yes movement remembers it's strengths as a vibrant and diverse movement and there's no regressive calls for all Yessers to move behind the SNP. 

All about finding a balance - naturally don't want it to be too focused on the SNP alone, but at the same time the last thing people want to see is infighting and squabbling among people on the same side. Shouldn't happen though, since it mostly all went well last time.

36 minutes ago, beermonkey said:

If the EU falls apart before this ref takes place then i'll vote yes....if the EU is still in place then i'll vote no.

I'm still doubtful that the UK will ever leave the EU, Unless the dutch & french vote in wilders  & le pen.

SNP won't have any credible opposition, that's putting me off.

I'll be at the polling station at the first crack of dawn for my Yes vote next time, but this is a horrendous mistake by Sturgeon. Should have waited at least another year until Brexit was completed. We'll get the same result as last time, and I'll feel even worse than last time.

2 minutes ago, milhouse said:

I'll be at the polling station at the first crack of dawn for my Yes vote next time, but this is a horrendous mistake by Sturgeon. Should have waited at least another year until Brexit was completed. We'll get the same result as last time, and I'll feel even worse than last time.

I will actually get off my arse and go out and do some work over the period of the campaign this time around.  I made a token contribution last time and have felt guilty about it.

Im not sure about the timing of the Referendum but if it's going to happen then it will be important to put in the effort.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

I will actually get off my arse and go out and do some work over the period of the campaign this time around.  I made a token contribution last time and have felt guilty about it.

Im not sure about the timing of the Referendum but if it's going to happen then it will be important to put in the effort.

Aye, I'm sceptical myself but once the decisions made, makes sense to get behind it and start working on securing a Yes vote.

1 hour ago, Shades75 said:

A "spokesperson" you mean?

She also said that Scotland could be fast tracked.

Only independent countries can apply for EU membership. There is no provision for fast-tracking applications under the EU Treaties. The Treaties would need to be amended to facilitate fast-tracking. Such Treaty amendments must be ratified by the Parliaments of all the Member States. 

The application process will start after independence day, i.e. after the ScotExit deal with rUK is completed. Joining EFTA and the EEA (Single Market) would be quicker easier. We would need our own currency to join EEA or the EU. 

1 minute ago, The Master said:

On BBC News in Kirkcaldy.

"I'm a Nationalist and last time I voted for freedom. I also voted for Brexit."
"And what will you do next time?"
"I'll vote to stay in the UK."
"Why?"
"Immigration."

300px-Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_st

As if anyone would move to Fife.

3 minutes ago, The Master said:

On BBC News in Kirkcaldy.

"I'm a Nationalist and last time I voted for freedom. I also voted for Brexit."
"And what will you do next time?"
"I'll vote to stay in the UK."
"Why?"
"Immigration."

300px-Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_st

Well yes.... She was from Kirkcaldy.

11 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Only independent countries can apply for EU membership. There is no provision for fast-tracking applications under the EU Treaties. The Treaties would need to be amended to facilitate fast-tracking. Such Treaty amendments must be ratified by the Parliaments of all the Member States. 

The application process will start after independence day, i.e. after the ScotExit deal with rUK is completed. Joining EFTA and the EEA (Single Market) would be quicker easier. We would need our own currency to join EEA or the EU. 

Maybe you should tell the Spokeswoman that Scotland couldn't be fast-tracked.  She seems unaware.

Then, if she's talking rubbish about Scotland being fast-tracked, how can you cite her as an authority that Scotland would be ejected from the EU in the first place.

Is that not contradictory?

I respect that you're well versed on the minutiae of EU/EFTA/EEA treaties and membership.  I'll pretty much take your word for it on these issues, unless something doesn't ring true or is blatant, because you know more than me about it.

I will check for bafflement by bullshit though 8).

Edited by Shades75

53 minutes ago, beermonkey said:

If the EU falls apart before this ref takes place then i'll vote yes....if the EU is still in place then i'll vote no.

I'm still doubtful that the UK will ever leave the EU, Unless the dutch & french vote in wilders  & le pen.

Britain will leave the EU even if it means resorting to WTO trade rules. The EU just wants a big pay-off to fill the huge financial hole in its budget.