When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/politics/scottish-politics/360283/independent-scotland-behind-montenegro-serbia-bosnia-turkey-eu-queue-says-mep/ - "Independent Scotland behind ‘Montenegro, Serbia, Bosnia, Turkey’ in EU queue, says MEP"

Montenegro application timetable - https://ec.europa.eu/neighbourhood-enlargement/countries/detailed-country-information/montenegro_en

Serbia's application will make further progress this year - https://ec.europa.eu/neighbourhood-enlargement/countries/detailed-country-information/serbia_en. Quite a lot of chapters closed, i.e. complete.

:lol:

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/politics/scottish-politics/360283/independent-scotland-behind-montenegro-serbia-bosnia-turkey-eu-queue-says-mep/ - "Independent Scotland behind ‘Montenegro, Serbia, Bosnia, Turkey’ in EU queue, says MEP"
Montenegro application timetable - https://ec.europa.eu/neighbourhood-enlargement/countries/detailed-country-information/montenegro_en
Serbia's application will make further progress this year - https://ec.europa.eu/neighbourhood-enlargement/countries/detailed-country-information/serbia_en. Quite a lot of chapters closed, i.e. complete.

So are you,sorry he,saying that an iScotland would not be admitted to the EU untill all these other countries have joined?

1 minute ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

wow, the word of one Spanish MEP. is that the same guy that said that Spain would definitely be blocking an iScot's application, yeah?

I also fail to see where in that Montenegro application summary it says that everyone else has to wait in line until they are successfully admitted to the EU. Many former Warsaw Pact countries, and Slovenia, joined on the same day in June 2004.

There is no queue, however much it might suit your agenda to pretend there is.

I did not say that. Scotland will be behind the others in the queue because those countries have started the process. It can overtake them but it's not guaranteed.

Those Warsaw pact countries had been sovereign and independent for over a decade. They also had their own currencies.

Is the SNP going to re-hash Salmond's ridiculous "Sterling-isation" plan? That would certainly not be acceptable.

As I said before, EFTA/EEA membership is a quicker and easier alternative to full EU Membership.

1 minute ago, Bishop Briggs said:

I did not say that. Scotland will be behind the others in the queue because those countries have started the process. It can overtake them but it's not guaranteed.

Those Warsaw pact countries had been sovereign and independent for over a decade. They also had their own currencies.

Is the SNP going to re-hash Salmond's ridiculous "Sterling-isation" plan? That would certainly not be acceptable.

As I said before, EFTA/EEA membership is a quicker and easier alternative to full EU Membership.

Glad we agree. There's no queue here, just a bunch of indivudal applications proceeding at their own pace, with the progress of others irrelevant.

:)

Just now, Ivo den Bieman said:

Glad we agree. There's no queue here, just a bunch of indivudal applications proceeding at their own pace, with the progress of others irrelevant.

:)

Much will depend on how the Commission allocates its resources to the various applications.

The financial issues and currency issue will be the toughest to deal with.

It's a bit like the SFL admitting Sevco without the necessary four years of accounts.

It's probably been said a load of times already, but I'm hugely looking forward to how the Brexiteers react to their arguments being fired straight back at them.

I've just read a Spectactor article on indyref2, and the BTL comments there are enough to turn me into a rabid cybernat.

2 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

Just git home from work and fired up FB there...glorious...

a_modern_nuclear_bomb_explosion_over_a_small_city.jpg

This is brilliant and its on days like this that I miss my dear friend Reynard.

I wonder just apoplectic he is, would he simply be  <_< or full shotgun tooled up :guntoting?

1 minute ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Much will depend on how the Commission allocates its resources to the various applications.

The financial issues and currency issue will be the toughest to deal with.

It's a bit like the SFL admitting Sevco without the necessary four years of accounts.

as always with the EU, realpolitik trumps everything else.

A process will have to be gone through but there are compelling political reasons for the EU to get a move on with any Scottish application. I imagine in the high stakes poker game of Brexit the Commission might just throw a few resources to help oil the wheels.

Just now, Ivo den Bieman said:

A process will have to be gone through but there are compelling political reasons for the EU to get a move on with any Scottish application. I imagine in the high stakes poker game of Brexit the Commission might just throw a few resources to help oil the wheels.

And, under realpolitik, the Spanish might try to stop it. 

Given the popularity of the Flemish nationalists, the Belgian Government could chip in too. 

1 minute ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

The timing is ideal for making friends with countries angry with London throwing the toys out of the pram for cynical, political reasons.

4 minutes ago, sophia said:

This is brilliant and its on days like this that I miss my dear friend Reynard.

I wonder just apoplectic he is, would he simply be  <_< or full shotgun tooled up :guntoting?

Just had a look on his twitter timeline,just lots of retweets from 2 job tompkins,no real breakdowns