When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As one of the more staunch Yes voters last time around I have to say that, while I will vote Yes again, I don't plan to be as emotionally invested in this campaign this time around. I got far too angry watching the news and the like and I just can't be fucked with it again so soon.

I think she's called it too early as well, although time will tell.

17 minutes ago, Antlion said:

Anus Sarwar and Adam Torykins absolutely beelin' on Scotland Tonight. Fighting over who can look like the most obedient north British poodles.

As wee Patrick Harvey just sat back and watched them out staunch each other.

Edited by dirty dingus

That's always been my preference but the SNP fanboys on smear all Brexit supporters as Unionist racists and xenophobes.

IF we were independent and that's what the people staying here wanted to do (Independent of EU and UK) then that's what would happen.

Need to get our own fate back into our own hands first then we can make the changes the country wants.

Staying in single market should be the big selling point this time around. There is no where is western, central and much of eastern Europe that does not at least have this sort of deal. From that starting point it really would be down to the Scottish people on what governments they elect and we may find we are comfortable with a Norway style arrangement and take time to speak with European neighbours. 

Debates should be much more panel based. The likes of Henry McLeish would be a great coup if he was to commit to a yes campaign. The idea of more representative democracy so getting rid of house of lords etc and commitment to retain PR system so governments need to win support and work with others etc. 

I do wonder say getting closer to the referendum if Sturgeon almost takes herself out of the long term bigger picture and offers to step down once independence is reached and not stand for first election as leader. At that point it would be some point in 2020. She was opposition leader in Holyrood before Salmond got in and well 6 years is a good time for a leader and she could concentrate on getting best deal in talks. I hear folk against independence seem to personalise it previously with Salmond e.g. he is fat and his wife is older than him and now with Sturgeon in other ways and yes I'm sure it happens on both sides. 

Scottish labour will need to really differentiate themselves especially if Jez is still about and they themselves will need to decide whether to stick or twist with Kez after council elections and thinking about giving next person time before possible referendum. Possibly a few councillors who lose their job this spring may feel a bit disenfranchised and speak out against the party. Kez and willie Rennie talk about federalism but have they actually travelled across UK to try and see if there is any consensus for it even within their own party.  

3 minutes ago, grazza said:

Staying in single market should be the big selling point this time around. There is no where is western, central and much of eastern Europe that does not at least have this sort of deal. From that starting point it really would be down to the Scottish people on what governments they elect and we may find we are comfortable with a Norway style arrangement and take time to speak with European neighbours. 

Debates should be much more panel based. The likes of Henry McLeish would be a great coup if he was to commit to a yes campaign. The idea of more representative democracy so getting rid of house of lords etc and commitment to retain PR system so governments need to win support and work with others etc. 

I do wonder say getting closer to the referendum if Sturgeon almost takes herself out of the long term bigger picture and offers to step down once independence is reached and not stand for first election as leader. At that point it would be some point in 2020. She was opposition leader in Holyrood before Salmond got in and well 6 years is a good time for a leader and she could concentrate on getting best deal in talks. I hear folk against independence seem to personalise it previously with Salmond e.g. he is fat and his wife is older than him and now with Sturgeon in other ways and yes I'm sure it happens on both sides. 

Scottish labour will need to really differentiate themselves especially if Jez is still about and they themselves will need to decide whether to stick or twist with Kez after council elections and thinking about giving next person time before possible referendum. Possibly a few councillors who lose their job this spring may feel a bit disenfranchised and speak out against the party. Kez and willie Rennie talk about federalism but have they actually travelled across UK to try and see if there is any consensus for it even within their own party.  

Absolutely. If yes is to succeed we need to de-SNP it as much as possible. The gang from indy 1 has to be brought together plus a more concerted centre/ centre right appeal. This needs to be a rainbow.

Edited by git-intae-thum

This is a great day. Something beautiful that was killed and buried by a lying, manipulative media has been risen from the ashes in a way I never saw coming. f**k moaning about timing and that, we've all just been given a second chance. 

The one thing that does bother me, that others have touched on, is the whole 'referendum fatigue' thing where I worry there'll just be a sense of lethargy and disinterest from what was previously a vehemently passionate campaign. I can't think of a single reason why a previous 'Yes' voter would now be a 'No' though; the other side of that coin, however...

Breaking news - Voyager 1, the first man made object to leave the Solar System, has just recorded Effie Deans heed overtaking it at warp factor 8. Swiftly followed by 'Reynard the Fox', closely followed by Reynard's BB gun.