When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 hours ago, Mastermind said:

My honest opinion is that things may get slightly better or slightly worse as different Governments come and go as part of the UK and we see what happens with Brexit.

However becoming independent and starting a new country from scratch is a monumental risk.

It's a miserable form of self-loathing when people benignly accept successive governments participating in expensive illegal wars, harrying our poor and disabled until they do away with themselves, increasing tax breaks for the richest, saddling the country in huge debt, privatising our transport and energy, putting immigrants in fear of their lives, pulling us out of an economic agreement without any thought of how we might be a better country – and yet somehow Scotland simply making its own decisions on these matters is seen as the risk.

8 hours ago, perthshire Bellotelli said:

Presumably in the majority of years where Scotland's economy was in relative surplus you were wrapped in the saltire?   

Anyone, taking a completely neutral view to Scotland's finances would conclude we be a normal country again.  

I've said Scotland could be a country in surplus again. I've even shown how it could be done. The £12.6Bn extra that we get through the Barnett Formula could easily be covered if we scrap the Scottish NHS which costs just over £14Bn per annum. All I ask for is honesty from the Nats. Tell us what you'll cut to make an independent Scotland work

I've said Scotland could be a country in surplus again. I've even shown how it could be done. The £12.6Bn extra that we get through the Barnett Formula could easily be covered if we scrap the Scottish NHS which costs just over £14Bn per annum. All I ask for is honesty from the Nats. Tell us what you'll cut to make an independent Scotland work

Can you answer my question then. If we cost the rest of the uk £12.6bn then why are they so desperate to keep us? Why do not just tell us to crack on?

57 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

Hi Malky,

Are there any other options for making savings or do you only want to see millions of Scottish people face the option of financial hardship versus ill health?

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Malky3 said:

The debt interest we pay on England's credit card.  

You really hate to see Malky humiliating himself over and over. An inability to answer questions, unable to fully source his figures or provide any meaningful, reliable data, studies or context.

I know that you're a figure of ridicule on here Malky, surely you have some pride and want to answer reasonable questions given to you?

Given you haven't, we must assume you believe the 130000 deaths, bedroom tax, rape clause, universal credit, hostile environment are all good reasons to be tied to the UK?

Edited by JMDP

130 thousand deaths is in England and Wales alone and as of a few.years ago. The true figure for how many British civilians the Tories have killed in 9.5 years will be much higher (life expectancy has been declining under them too as usual) probably over 150 thousand minimum, perhaps 200 thousand.

for comparison the Nazis killed about 67 thousand British civilians.

1 hour ago, perthshire Bellotelli said:

The debt interest we pay on England's credit card.  

Unlikely since Scotland would most likely have to take our share of the national debt as part of any divorce settlement. Remember the SNP position on Brexit was that "ofcourse the UK should pay the EU what its due" 

8 minutes ago, Kuro said:

130 thousand deaths is in England and Wales alone and as of a few.years ago. The true figure for how many British civilians the Tories have killed in 9.5 years will be much higher (life expectancy has been declining under them too as usual) probably over 150 thousand minimum, perhaps 200 thousand.

for comparison the Nazis killed about 67 thousand British civilians.

Nonsense hyperbole. Seriously are you trying to claim the UK Government is murdering its own people? 

2 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

Unlikely since Scotland would most likely have to take our share of the national debt as part of any divorce settlement. Remember the SNP position on Brexit was that "ofcourse the UK should pay the EU what its due" 

Hi Malky,

How can we pay the debt if we don't have a currency we are allowed to use? Will they make us pay it in magic beans?

Thanks.

47 minutes ago, JMDP said:

You really hate to see Malky humiliating himself over and over. An inability to answer questions, unable to fully source his figures or provide any meaningful, reliable data, studies or context.

I know that you're a figure of ridicule on here Malky, surely you have some pride and want to answer reasonable questions given to you?

Given you haven't, we must assume you believe the 130000 deaths, bedroom tax, rape clause, universal credit, hostile environment are all good reasons to be tied to the UK?

Silly nationalist. 

There are £12.6Bn per annum reasons to stay in the UK. The Scottish Government currently has it in its gift to resolve many of those items you list. Perhaps you could explain how they could do it better with £12.6Bn less to spend every year