When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

As their is only 67,000 people directly employed in farming in Scotland and given their are 3.9 million voters in Scotland the tory farming vote is a lot less important than it was say 50 - 70 years ago.

True, true, but in low population regions those numbers do make a bigger difference.

19 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

Only because in the huge schemes in Edinburgh South voting rates are so small. Throw in the Tory votes going to Ian Murray and there is your answer IMG_1937.jpg

Also it's the constituency with the largest number of Edinburgh Uni students so you'll have thousands of middle class 20-somethings from down south. Prime Labour demographic. I'm sure Edinburgh South has the largest rUK % population of any constituency in Scotland.

30 minutes ago, Anonapersona said:

True, true, but in low population regions those numbers do make a bigger difference.

But not in the overall vote for Scotland.

In the 2016 Scottish Elections the tories got 7 MSP's first past the post, a poor result compared to what they would have expected say 50-70 years ago and represents a decline, however they did manage to get another 24 tory MSP's on regional list, given them the 2nd largest party in Holyrood.

Compare that though with the massive support for the SNP which had 59 MSP's first past the post and another 4 regional list Msp's. 

So it is the overall vote that counts and it is expected that the SNP will easily exceed that next year

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Can’t be right - where’s the George Galloway “SNP are turning kids gay” party? 

And none for Wings Over Scotland or the Independence 4 Scotland/Boooo 2 Trans People Party.  Surely shum mishtake.

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Can’t be right - where’s the George Galloway “SNP are turning kids gay” party? 

Time to rebrand as “The Standing at the Back Dressed Stupidly and Looking Stupid Party”? Membership can come with a free hat. 

C2FB1F3B-D869-4C39-8ED2-42F5B09F8709.gif

19 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Except it's the Shetlanders themselves who are doing the talking rather than the 'diversionary unionists'.

What I'd like to see, if/when Indyref2 is granted, is a package of measure for regions/businesses who don't want to be part of the Caledonian Transnistria in the event that the votes is in favour. I'd include the likes of:

• Relocation support for businesses who want to move south to include staff support, office/warehousing/manufacturing facilities in English regions and some sort of business rates package to make the transition easier.
  • Direct grants for those regions contiguous to rUK (D&G and Borders) who want to stay as they are and to integrate them into the rest of the country.  Extend that to S Lanarkshire and E Lothian if there's sufficient uptake.
  • Some sort of special status for the non-contiguous regions such as Shetland and maybe Orkney to either plough their own furrow or to join rUK.  The Crown Dependency of Aberdeen(shire) would need a lot of support but the notion of it as a British exclave is workable.

The UK Gov has to eschew this idea that Scotland is an homogeneous entity both politically and socially and make provision for the decent parts of the country to either continue our delightful partnership or to have the option to have their own independence.

Nationalism is mostly supported by the glengarried-up tartan gonks from the worst housing schemes in the Paisley/Glasgow/N Lanarkshire/Dundee rust belt so there has to be provision to isolate these people from the rest of decent society and, with a £12 billion per annum Scexit bonus, we can afford to do it.

Why are Shetland and Orkney joining the UK if Scotland becomes independent?

35 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Why are Shetland and Orkney joining the UK if Scotland becomes independent?

BritNats dream of Empire 2.0, collecting and correcting the territories of other countries. It allows Kincy to feel like he’s not a failure and the constant screaming in his head can, for a few seconds, die down to a whimper.

As far as I can see, the Shetland indy story is a big pile of nothingness, so you can imagine my delight when Mrs B shouted through to the kitchen this morning some headline about CAN STURGEON DENY THEM WITHOUT TORPEDOING SCOTTISH INDEPENDENCE!!! Once I had it confirmed that she was on the Daily Mail app, my soul was warmed by the crippling fear that is rising in the yoons. Of course, Kincys performance on here was already a strong indicator that...

tenor-3.gif

16 hours ago, Blootoon87 said:

Hmm, some would argue that Scotland becoming independent is kind of an opt out of Brexit. You wouldn't agree I'm sure.

Some do but, given how Natterism predates Brexit by decades, it's a hard argument to sustain.  They are, though, parallel movements supported, to quite an extent, by the same sort of people.

14 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:
18 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:
The Borders and D&G for starters.
As I said in my post, any future referendum really should have an opt-out clause - sustained by the £12Bn Scexit premium - for the 'nice' parts of Scotland to distance themselves from scheme-dwelling Natter horde.
There is nothing controversial in this.

Hello my friend, I'm not going to go down the line of the 'Gin soaked' blah blah pish, but I do have a genuine query. Just looking at your responses here and on the Jock Stein thread, specifically in relation to post time, I persume you work night shifts or suffer from insomnia?

Of course you're not - you don't follow the crowd but it's a fair question.  I work part time Mon to Thur and have always been a bit of a night owl.  So when I'm on my own I enjoy staying up late/keeping my own hours.

Quite a few posters get overly excited by the timestamps on some of my posts!

19 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

As I said in my post, any future referendum really should have an opt-out clause - sustained by the £12Bn Scexit premium - for the 'nice' parts of Scotland to distance themselves from scheme-dwelling Natter horde.

As I said in my post, any future General Election really should have an opt-out clause - sustained by the £200Bn Brexit premium - for the 'nice' parts of the UK to distance themselves from Gammon Tory horde.

I believe the abbreviation is FTFY

6 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Some do but, given how Natterism predates Brexit by decades, it's a hard argument to sustain.  They are, though, parallel movements supported, to quite an extent, by the same sort of people.

Of course you're not - you don't follow the crowd but it's a fair question.  I work part time Mon to Thur and have always been a bit of a night owl.  So when I'm on my own I enjoy staying up late/keeping my own hours.

Quite a few posters get overly excited by the timestamps on some of my posts!

You don't "work" at the gin distillery m8. You just hang about outside until you're told to go home. You're always on your own.

7 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Have you never questioned why you're on your own most of the time?

Edited by SandyCromarty