When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As far as I can see, the Shetland indy story is a big pile of nothingness, so you can imagine my delight when Mrs B shouted through to the kitchen this morning some headline about CAN STURGEON DENY THEM WITHOUT TORPEDOING SCOTTISH INDEPENDENCE!!! Once I had it confirmed that she was on the Daily Mail app, my soul was warmed by the crippling fear that is rising in the yoons. Of course, Kincys performance on here was already a strong indicator that...

tenor-3.gif.8e13dd996e0f60512d254d0b727f5e46.gif
You not sorted that wife of yours out yet. Stand on a bucket ffs

3 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
15 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
As far as I can see, the Shetland indy story is a big pile of nothingness, so you can imagine my delight when Mrs B shouted through to the kitchen this morning some headline about CAN STURGEON DENY THEM WITHOUT TORPEDOING SCOTTISH INDEPENDENCE!!! Once I had it confirmed that she was on the Daily Mail app, my soul was warmed by the crippling fear that is rising in the yoons. Of course, Kincys performance on here was already a strong indicator that...

tenor-3.gif.8e13dd996e0f60512d254d0b727f5e46.gif

You not sorted that wife of yours out yet. Stand on a bucket ffs

She insists on reading the Daily Mail. Meh, shel vote whatever way I tell  her to so it's another yes on the pile. Her political indifference came to head last GE when she said she was going to vote tory and I told her she was free to do so, with divorce as the consequence. 

22 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

She insists on reading the Daily Mail. Meh, shel vote whatever way I tell  her to so it's another yes on the pile. Her political indifference came to head last GE when she said she was going to vote tory and I told her she was free to do so, with divorce as the consequence. 

Did she explain why? 

12 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Very poor excuse for voting one way or another. 

And yet exactly how the Tories have managed to come into power..... By utilising a friendly media to convince normal working punters that they are going directly agaisnt their interests by voting for them

Mental. Absolutely mental how anyone nowadays can be taken in with this crap. 
No offence to your missus but that's fucking unacceptable. I can write your divorce papers if you want. 
I think you maybe are overestimating the level of interest politically. Between home, work and my pals, I basically cant have a conversation with anyone who has even an average level of interest in politics. Dumbing down the Nation is part of it. My political engagement started at a young age through being part of a strong trade union. Some folk have just never had that in their lives, and see no reason to doubt the pish they read in rags like the Mail.

Are they a bit stupid? Well, I dont think I can argue against that even if my wife is one of them.

16 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I think you maybe are overestimating the level of interest politically. Between home, work and my pals, I basically cant have a conversation with anyone who has even an average level of interest in politics. Dumbing down the Nation is part of it. 

This is a huge, huge worry. The amount of people who simply don't give this enough serious research and thought into who they will vote for is staggering. 

It's not limited to the UK though.

7 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

This is a huge, huge worry. The amount of people who simply don't give this enough serious research and thought into who they will vote for is staggering. 

Well aye, part of me thinks it might be getting worse, but that might just be because I pay more attention, or that I use this place for this type of chat because it doestnt really exist IRL for me. Maybe it's always been this bad

Bairnardo has a point tbh. Many people just don't follow politics day to day like many of us do. Therefore it takes them a lot longer to come round to a new way of thinking.

However I still think Bairnardo's missus needs a kick in the pie for reading the Daily Mail; or Bairnardo you may need to use ure head for that endeavour

Bairnardo has a point tbh. Many people just don't follow politics day to day like many of us do. Therefore it takes them a lot longer to come round to a new way of thinking.
However I still think Bairnardo's missus needs a kick in the pie for reading the Daily Mail; or Bairnardo you may need to use ure head for that endeavour

Shes on the wine so we are in with a wee chance of that later [emoji102]

3 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

It might be more complicated in Germany but I won't be needing a second of research to decide who I'm voting for here. I suppose tactical voting might come into play in some constituencies.

6 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Aye, well played.

She'll be itching to vote tory now.