When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, Andre Drazen said:

Or maybe he's just talking shit for a reaction. The very thing he's been banned multiple times for.

I dont know who you think I am but they must have been a top class poster going by these responses I keep getting. 

4 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Reading comprehension seems to be code for ‘my tortured, flawed definition of what thriving means’. 

If you can't follow a thread then just say that...

45 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

If you can't follow a thread then just say that...

I’m not going to lie just to make you feel better. Your definition of thriving basically meaning ‘still existing’ is flawed to say the least.

27 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

I’m not going to lie just to make you feel better. Your definition of thriving basically meaning ‘still existing’ is flawed to say the least.

Not when being directly compared to the success of Scottish Independence.... If we are comparing which one is doing better, one of them actually exists where as the other is wishful thinking, in that context in the conversation I was having it is 100% justified to say that my football team and political "side" is thriving when in direct comparison to the person I was speaking to and his football team and political "side". 

It would be far better if you worked on your reading comprehension next time rather than having me explain things so simple to you. 

4 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Not when being directly compared to the success of Scottish Independence.... If we are comparing which one is doing better, one of them actually exists where as the other is wishful thinking, in that context in the conversation I was having it is 100% justified to say that my football team and political "side" is thriving when in direct c

Calling something thriving based on a comparison to the performance of something that doesn't exist is spectacularly dumb.

2 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Calling something thriving based on a comparison to the performance of something that doesn't exist is spectacularly dumb.

No it's not, it was to annoy the person and was equally to the level of what he was saying to myself.

Your inability to comprehend any of this is spectacularly dumb and boring, it's very boring. Keep this energy for every post in here rather than hanging on to me you big dummy you. 

Due to the rate of change away from the status quo of social democracy and closeness to europe, it really is incumbent upon those that would seek to persist with the present political settlement to sketch their coherent future vision.

I'm able to be convinced so if anyone can have a go, please feel free...

16 minutes ago, sophia said:

Due to the rate of change away from the status quo of social democracy and closeness to europe, it really is incumbent upon those that would seek to persist with the present political settlement to sketch their coherent future vision.

I'm able to be convinced so if anyone can have a go, please feel free...

Birthday card pish. 

If Unionists don't put forward their future world view then guess what...? The Union remains, strong as ever. The onus is 100% on SI supporters to convince the other side why Independence is such a worthwhile cause...

The reluctance to even attempt to do so speaks volumes to me, if it was an easy/simple thing then it would be easy and simple to state the case convincingly. 

Edited by Stormzy

It bemuses me that anyone would think that the Unionists are the ones who should be actively stating their case right now... 

We are actually sat back, feet up and smoking cigars right now. If and it's a big IF the SNP gets majority then we might need to slightly lean forward and take of the sunglasses but as for now it's bliss and clear sailing from here. 

Birthday card pish. 

If Unionists don't put forward their future world view then guess what...? The Union remains, strong as ever. The onus is 100% on SI supporters to convince the other side why Independence is such a worthwhile cause...

The reluctance to even attempt to do so speaks volumes to me, if it was an easy/simple thing then it would be easy and simple to state the case convincingly. 

If there is a referendum the onus is on both sides to convince the electorate that their world view is legitimate - it's one of the reasons why Remain lost - they spent too little time putting forward a positive case for the EU.

The UK Unionists are in danger of doing exactly the same if they are not careful - not pushing the positive reasons for the Union and instead focusing on the negatives of Leaving.

Just now, DeeTillEhDeh said:

If there is a referendum the onus is on both sides to convince the electorate that their world view is legitimate - it's one of the reasons why Remain lost - they spent too little time putting forward a positive case for the EU.

The UK Unionists are in danger of doing exactly the same if they are not careful - not pushing the positive reasons for the Union and inatead focusing on the negatives of Leaving.

True, very true. I'm relaxed til the point of a referendum looming but I honestly dont see that being the case. If there was to be an impending referendum then I think you would of course hear more discourse about why people want to remain in the Union. 

1 minute ago, Brother Blades said:

Stormzy is a very sad individual. Comes into the thread harking on about discourse & then can’t provide one iota of an argument or debatable point.

I'm very happy right now. I've mentioned plenty of debatable points, some have responded accordingly where as you seem.. how to put it, devoid of the ability? 

6 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Birthday card pish. 

Please try harder.

Please refrain from insults and if you can, provide justifications for what appears to be a step change away from the status quo.

As an example, you might want to consider health care and the prospectus for a westminster and capitalist driven change to what we presently enjoy.

7 minutes ago, sophia said:

Please try harder.

Please refrain from insults and if you can, provide justifications for what appears to be a step change away from the status quo.

As an example, you might want to consider health care and the prospectus for a westminster and capitalist driven change to what we presently enjoy.

It appears so to you but not to me or.... the good old forums favourite... the sensible majority. 

You convince me why we should change the status quo that I'm content with...