When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

^^^ Pandarilla after reading posts about "Natters" and "Mrs Murrell"

You need to learn to post these clips or pics better, especially if you're having a dig at someone.

All i see every time you do it is a wee grey link with a question mark, and it takes ages to load, with more than one stage, so it's never worth bothering.

12 hours ago, pandarilla said:

I just don't see what tactic they can use other than project fear #2.

There's even less ammunition than last time, now that brexit has muddied things.

Darling rung every last drop out of that tactic, and i can't imagine who they'd get to lead it this time. It would need to be someone pretty desperate, with very little left to lose.

You guys act as if Unionists will need to have a new plan, they won't. They comfortably win from getting the SNP to explain their unrealistic visions. Nothing has changed that changes the arguments made in 2014. 

You guys act as if Unionists will need to have a new plan, they won't. They comfortably win from getting the SNP to explain their unrealistic visions. Nothing has changed that changes the arguments made in 2014. 

There’s absolutely nothing unrealistic about a country gaining independence from the United Kingdom - as proven by the 65 nations that have already done it.

Just now, jamamafegan said:

There’s absolutely nothing unrealistic about a country gaining independence from the United Kingdom - as proven by the 65 nations that have already done it.

I never said their was...

4 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

There is no differentiating between Scotland the rest of the UK...

• Apart from the way we vote, of course.
  • etc
  • etc

Alex Niven's New Model Island is a really good book that basically comes to the conclusion that England itself isn't a cohesive enough concept to build a nation around and argues for the proper regionalisation of the country. I agree. Turn Northumbria and Cornwall into autonomous states and go from there. Make London an independent city state. Make the Home Counties the pariah of the islands.

Except the big jump in support for independence in the public.

That's a pretty big factor, I'd say.

Your point isn't completely ridiculous though. The yes campaign do have to have a much clearer narrative on the financial setup.

40 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Your point isn't completely ridiculous though. The yes campaign do have to have a much clearer narrative on the financial setup.

It's impossible to be much clearer without good faith from Westminster and the Treasury. They want to paint as bad a picture as possible so promise zero cooperation for a smooth transfer, when in reality they'd be desperate for as gentle a separation as possible, including a short to medium term currency share. If the SNP give an honest evaluation of what's likely to happen, London will lie through their teeth again, as they did in 2014, and say there will be zero cooperation and they'll block everything, hoping that will frighten enough people into voting no.

It's impossible to be much clearer without good faith from Westminster and the Treasury. They want to paint as bad a picture as possible so promise zero cooperation for a smooth transfer, when in reality they'd be desperate for as gentle a separation as possible, including a short to medium term currency share. If the SNP give an honest evaluation of what's likely to happen, London will lie through their teeth again, as they did in 2014, and say there will be zero cooperation and they'll block everything, hoping that will frighten enough people into voting no.
Should we not be establishing our own bank and our own currency?

2 minutes ago, pandarilla said:
4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Should we not be establishing our own bank and our own currency?

Tricky to do on the day after a Yes vote. In time though, yes.

2 hours ago, pandarilla said:

By polls...

I don't believe there has been a significant swing, people will often support Independence on the name alone but when the reality of the debate sets in then they don't go for it. If there is actually a referendum on the horizon and the polls were as they are  now then I'd be concerned as a Unionist but as it stands I believe the polls aren't exactly significant in the grand scheme of things. 

49 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

By polls...

I don't believe there has been a significant swing, people will often support Independence on the name alone but when the reality of the debate sets in then they don't go for it. If there is actually a referendum on the horizon and the polls were as they are  now then I'd be concerned as a Unionist but as it stands I believe the polls aren't exactly significant in the grand scheme of things. 

You don't believe it do you, well lets just forget about it shall we!  Aye 

If you even look at the figures in the polls in 2014 before the referendum then you would know how significant this is.

By polls...
You sound just like my mother who is in complete denial right now.

15 minutes ago, Funkee said:

You don't believe it do you, well lets just forget about it shall we!  Aye 

If you even look at the figures in the polls in 2014 before the referendum then you would know how significant this is.

Polls don't win you referendums.

Just now, DeeTillEhDeh said:

You sound just like my mother who is in complete denial right now.

Denial about what? It may be the case that the majority of Scotland wants Indy and we may see that in a future referendum, I'm not closed to that possibility at all but all I'm saying is it takes a brass neck to presume Scotland wants Indy coz of a few polls during a time when a referendum isn't firmly on the table.