When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

19 hours ago, sophia said:

I think it was Dr Jonathan Miller that said he disliked being described as an atheist as there is no word to describe someone that doesn't believe in Santa.

Miserable.

On 17/04/2021 at 16:00, Granny Danger said:

That’s pish.

It is valid to ‘mock’ people whose world view is shaped or influenced by a belief system.  I far prefer rational people, even those whose views I strongly disagree with.

There is nothing wrong with a fixed worldview based on rationalism, quite the reverse in fact.

To suggest someone is closed minded because they will not buy into an irrational view of the world is pretty nonsensical from a usually switched on poster.

Do you think you're more intelligent and "rational" than literally every person in the world who believes in God?

Seems to have gone under the radar but I saw Willie Rennie being asked essentially the question the other day.  His answer as to how the voters should signal their support for a referendum?   

"I don't support it."  :blink:

Edited by Highland Capital

1 minute ago, GordonS said:

Channel 4 once again doing the job that Scottish-based media organisations are too feart to do.

Ciaran Jenkins is having a better election than any of the politicians.

Absolutely Gordon, he is exposing the paucity of talent within Scottish politics. Even Sturgeon, who is to be fair the most talented, got rinsed off him.

That said, rinsing Ross is like picking fruit from the lowest branches.

55 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Do you think you're more intelligent and "rational" than literally every person in the world who believes in God?

More intelligent?  No.  More rational?  Yes.

(btw, it should probably be ‘gods’. I’m pretty sure they don’t all believe in the same one)

Absolutely Gordon, he is exposing the paucity of talent within Scottish politics. Even Sturgeon, who is to be fair the most talented, got rinsed off him.
That said, rinsing Ross is like picking fruit from the lowest branches.
The Jenkins/Sturgeon interview was edited to make it appear that NS was on the ropes.
'Rinsing' ? Nope.

9 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

The Jenkins/Sturgeon interview was edited to make it appear that NS was on the ropes.
'Rinsing' ? Nope.

Which part was edited to do so? She seemed pretty lacking when asked about the economy and as has been discussed on here she looked physically irritated by the line of questioning, do you think this was camera trickery? 

15 hours ago, GordonS said:

Channel 4 once again doing the job that Scottish-based media organisations are too feart to do.

Ciaran Jenkins is having a better election than any of the politicians.

Indeed Ciaran Jenkins been excellent with both Sturgeon and Ross. Sturgeon having the worst performance ever with that interview.  

Ross interview reminds me of Paxman and Howard interview many years ago although didn't answer about 15 times! 

I bet some of those giving abuse to Jenkins on twitter is now retweeting the Ross interview :) 

Edited by betting competition

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
18 hours ago, Granny Danger said:
More intelligent?  No.  More rational?  Yes.
(btw, it should probably be ‘gods’. I’m pretty sure they don’t all believe in the same one)

If you were rational about everything you wouldn't be a United fan.

If you were intelligent you wouldn’t be a Dundee fan.

34 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

The Ross interview with Jenkins exposes his insincerity compounded with the false forced smiles and also proves that Ross is the biggest asset the SNP have in this campaign.

I say, hold my Moet Esprit du Siecle Brut, what.

9090AD5A-5773-40E3-B7B9-0F35AE7B4A68.jpeg

Tory MSP says Scotland should be legally forced to stay in the Union

Adam Tomkins, in a column for the Spectator, argued that the UK should be held together with “something rather more robust” than “consent”.

https://www.thenational.scot/news/19249360.tory-msp-says-scotland-legally-forced-stay-union/

He wants to send the rozzers round next time.

15 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

Adam Tomkins, in a column for the Spectator, argued that the UK should be held together with “something rather more robust” than “consent”.

https://www.thenational.scot/news/19249360.tory-msp-says-scotland-legally-forced-stay-union/

Aye, democracy’s overrated.

17 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

Wonder if he feels the EU should do the same with the UK.