When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, williemillersmoustache said:

I'm just quickly going to "consult" Bishop Briggs and a couple of others on their opinions of Brexit. I think they are the opinions of utter cretins. What do you think of that?

Actually I don't care.

Have the mods legislated for Harambe yet? 

You see the difference? Actually i'm only consulting, i couldn't give two fucks if you do or not.

free the Harambe one

If May triggers Article 50 in March 2017 then she has 2 years (March 2019) to conclude negotiations with the EU.
If there is indyref2, it will probably be September 2018. If Yes vote then another 2 years of negotiation.
There would be 6 months between indyref2 taking place and the conclusion of the UK/EU negotiations.   

So in summary, Brexit concluded by March 2019. If a 2nd Indy vote returns 'Yes' in Sept 2018, negotiations begin again the following Spring, for Scotland to leave the U.K. and the UK to begin a whole new set of negotiations and agreements with the EU as a 'new UK' without Scotland. In the meantime Scotland begins her own negotiations as a separate entrant ( or existing member to the EU)? Aye seems both perfectly reasonable and achievable. Hmmmm

So if May refused but Holyrood called one anyway would it be reduced to nothing more than an "Advisory" referendum

That's the point, I don't think May, The UK Government/Parliament can grant or refuse anything at the moment until Brexit terms are agreed and in place.

Holyrood calls one anyway in the hope that Independence is called for by the Scottish electorate, its then stored as valuable political currency for when the date is set for a real 2nd Ref ?
Yep I can see that, but what level of credibility would it achieve though ? Die hard nationalist participants aside, I reckon the turn out would be significantly lower.
Said before on here that Sturgeon has a very difficult call to make, can she wait long enough to further strengthen support whilst testing the patience of an irritable and expectant core following?

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

So if May refused but Holyrood called one anyway would it be reduced to nothing more than an "Advisory" referendum ?

You mean just like the EU  referendum?

36 minutes ago, bob the tank said:

The Pope made the Scottish people sovereign after the declaration of Arbroath in 1320. I can't believe folk on here don't know that, especially as most of them are the ones who are always right about everything.

I knew that the definition of sovereignity differed between Scots law and English law. Didn't know it was the pope who granted it. Maybe he just endorsed what had been written by the Scots? 

19 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Aye but you've got to factor in the price of a nuclear missile system that works.  We would probably hit Lanzarote and I like it there.

Let us know when you're going and we'll see what we can do.

No. David Davis consults the Ministers responsible for Brexit in the Scottish, Welsh and NI Governments.
It was the voters, not Parliament, that had the say on EU membership. The majority of MPs in all the main parties (except UKIP) supported Remain.  The majority of voters backed Leave and MPs must respect their wishes. Like it or not, Scotland voted to Remain in the UK in 2014 so its Government should respect the EU referendum result.

They voted to Remain by an even bigger majority in 2016 - shouldn't that result be respected?

4 hours ago, Loondave1 said:

The not winning Indy2 is the massive elephant in the room though.Jim Sillars can see that but then he is allowed to speak freely these days without fear of retribution from the rest of Borg/Hive.

You have said many time that indyref2 wont happen for at least a good while, I think it's becoming increasingly clear that you will be wrong just like Anthony C Pick. Your predictions are shite and you're a troll. Unlucky.

7 hours ago, Colkitto said:

The people voted in a majority of pro-Independence parties at Holyrood. 

Democracy, get it? 

great. so the majority who voted No in the sepref get their way, and the majority that voted to leave get their wishes too. democracy, brilliant just brilliant isn't it. so the people who win votes are sovereign right enough.

2 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

They voted to Remain by an even bigger majority in 2016 - shouldn't that result be respected?

The EU referendum was a UK-wide vote, not a Scotland-only vote. Before the referendum, there were several posters on here who creamed themselves at the prospect that Scotland could swing the result for Remain even if rUK voted to Leave. Leave won and now they are whinging and moaning like spoilt weans who did not get their own way. They are just a bunch of bad losers who can't take the defeat. Ironically, if Scotland voted Yes in 2014, it would have left the EU as well as the UK. 

1 minute ago, Bishop Briggs said:

The EU referendum was a UK-wide vote, not a Scotland-only vote. Before the referendum, there were several posters on here who creamed themselves at the prospect that Scotland could swing the result for Remain even if rUK voted to Leave. Leave won and now they are whinging and moaning like spoilt weans who did not get their own way. They are just a bunch of bad losers who can't take the defeat. Ironically, if Scotland voted Yes in 2014, it would have left the EU as well as the UK. 

The result of the EU referendum isn't something to "whinge" about for me. The you voted against Independence, take what you're given type statements are actually fair enough in all honesty. All it does is reinforce for me exactly why being a tiny fraction of this electorate isn't a very good idea. If the pre-Referendum lies that you're repeating there can be used as an excuse to correct our mistake, great. If not, we haven't been hard done by.

23 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

man every time i read ur posts i hear Rodger hannah's voice from superscoreboard that's fecking scary anyway another one that waffles alot of mince

26 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

It's not a football game. I thought it was a fundamentally bad decision for the UK at the time and as time passes it only seems worse.