When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Thing is I can't remember you ever criticise a word she's said, just digs about her sex and height, and her effrontery to speak in public. A weak man's worst nightmare, an articulate woman.

Utter nonsense.  It took me 2 mins to come up with:

On 27/04/2015 at 22:46, The_Kincardine said:

I don't dislike Sturgeon and I don't dislike The SNP. I think, though, they are on the wrong tack here.

On 27/04/2015 at 21:19, The_Kincardine said:

I admire Sturgeon's campaign. My view is that she should be concentrating less on what happens with Labour.

It's pathetic how many of the Natter Massive break down in tears when she's called 'Nippy' and it's surprising that you're one of them.

Impressive handling of the tardis there, 6 years and back in 2 minutes! When did it all go wrong and you started talking in gammony twitter clichés?

Edited by welshbairn

17 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Dim Dave is certainly the villain of the piece and was the imbecile who got us in to this mess.

Imagine thinking that it would be good idea to allow the possibility of our unitary nation-state being partitioned by a thicket of RA-loving schemies from DunWeegia.

Ooofft. I hope you show THAT post to Gerald down the golf club. I hope the polite chuckle he gives you helps with the inferiority complex thing.

Gerald still sees you as a bit less than they are though. Soz.

3 minutes ago, speckled tangerine said:

Ooofft. I hope you show THAT post to Gerald down the golf club. I hope the polite chuckle he gives you helps with the inferiority complex thing.

For Gerald a chip is a good shot from just outside the green.  For the daft wee tartan gonks a chip is what they have on their shoulders.

19 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

For Gerald a chip is a good shot from just outside the green.  For the daft wee tartan gonks a chip is what they have on their shoulders.

The ghost of Ronnie Corbett is cringing for you just now........

Tragic.

"Gerald Wiley" also thinks you're a p***k.

Edited by speckled tangerine

47 minutes ago, orfc said:

What isn't always pointed out is that most of England lives closer to France and Holland than Scotland (England's centre of population is just south of the M1/M6 junction). If they need more energy and need to pay another country for it (rather than UK internal as Scotland's energy counts as, which doesn't affect balance of payments) they can more easily pull it in from the channel interconnectors, and that's before new nuclear and offshore wind comes online.

Absolutely correct and, on poor wind days, Scotland needs to import from England.

In many ways Scotland is more dependent than England.

8 minutes ago, speckled tangerine said:

The ghost of Ronnie Corbett is cringing for you just now........

"It was revealed in a Holyrood survey published today that the First Minister is doing the work of two men: Laurel and Hardy."

6 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Absolutely correct and, on poor wind days, Scotland needs to import from England.

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

"It was revealed in a Holyrood survey published today that the First Minister is doing the work of two men: Laurel and Hardy."

Aw naw! There's two o thum.

images.jpeg

37 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Looks like it!!! Not based on these figures from the last 9 quarters including Q1 2021 which seen wind generation below the 10 year mean

Screenshot_2021-07-18-23-19-01-519_com.microsoft.office.excel.thumb.jpg.8ace6c2fe55dffd91a14d693c0340800.jpg

Edited by strichener
Just to make sure the sarcasm wasn't lost.

8 hours ago, orfc said:

What isn't always pointed out is that most of England lives closer to France and Holland than Scotland (England's centre of population is just south of the M1/M6 junction). If they need more energy and need to pay another country for it (rather than UK internal as Scotland's energy counts as, which doesn't affect balance of payments) they can more easily pull it in from the channel interconnectors, and that's before new nuclear and offshore wind comes online.

This is wrong.

There is nowhere near the capacity of under sea links to feed England from the continent during times of higher demand.

If they reject Scots power their lights go out. It's that simple.

It's currently just another valuable commodity our nation gives for nothing......

10 hours ago, speckled tangerine said:

Theresa May wasn't universally disliked. There was a grudging respect there as she was battling against the Peter Bone types in her party. (Also see J. Major and the "b*****ds") 

Cameron was seen as the Eton entitled p***k ala Johnson, albeit with a bit more nous.

What is the Tory vision for Scotland? The last Scottish election had a leaflet that mentioned no more referendums about 30 times and f**k all policy. Nae c**t's voting a DUP into Government here. 

Thatcher was hated. Too young for Ted Heath. My great grandfather was a gofer for Alec Douglas-Home when he was Secretary of State (and later PM) in St Andrew's House. Lovely man by his own account. "In the wrong party- should be a liberal" he told my mum. That was the early sixties, so that's 60 years plus since the Conservatives resonated in Scotland. 

We don't want them but we're stuck with them ad infinitum.

So I countered the idea that the dislike of Boris is anything new or tangible and you've wrote an essay about how Scotland has disliked Tories for over 60 years....

Wouldn't it have been quicker to just agree with me rather than prove my point in a round about way. 

10 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Impressive handling of the tardis there, 6 years and back in 2 minutes! When did it all go wrong and you started talking in gammony twitter clichés?

thumb_tyler-the-creator-disgusted-face-meme-48788835.png

10 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Pish. Scotland currently produces about 30% more electricity than Scotland can possibly use. What do you think happens with the excess?

58 minutes ago, SANTAN said:

So I countered the idea that the dislike of Boris is anything new or tangible and you've wrote an essay about how Scotland has disliked Tories for over 60 years....

Wouldn't it have been quicker to just agree with me rather than prove my point in a round about way. 

I replied to another post of yours with my "essay". It's there for everyone to see. 

But if it makes you happy, you won the internet. Er, congratulations???

3 hours ago, git-intae-thum said:

This is wrong.

There is nowhere near the capacity of under sea links to feed England from the continent during times of higher demand.

If they reject Scots power their lights go out. It's that simple.

It's currently just another valuable commodity our nation gives for nothing......

That's why they're building more nuclear and offshore wind and building more interconnectors

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-50345575

_109614089_capture.png

In the end, an indy England would have a choice where to buy it's extra energy from - France, Belgium, Holland, Scotland, Ireland, even Germany / Scandinavia

Indy scotland really would only have one customer, they wouldn't have any leverage

1 hour ago, HalfCutNinja said:

Pish. Scotland currently produces about 30% more electricity than Scotland can possibly use. What do you think happens with the excess?

Fair enough. I’m certainly no engineer but a couple of questions.

There must be days when there is little wind. If we can store, okay, but can we?

Surely we must need a base capacity from, gas, nuclear and other sources to cope wit those windless days.

Is this wrong?

Genuinely interested.

5 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Fair enough. I’m certainly no engineer but a couple of questions.

There must be days when there is little wind. If we can store, okay, but can we?

Surely we must need a base capacity from, gas, nuclear and other sources to cope wit those windless days.

Is this wrong?

Genuinely interested.

If you are genuinely interested, go and read the attached.

ET_5.6_JUN_21.xls