When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

47 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

You go on about the awfulness of Brexit but is that really true.

In my own small life, nothing much has changed.

The typical attitude of the Brexiteer. You’ll note that it was the Telegraph claiming that Brexit was bad. Perhaps you’d like to write and correct them, pointing out that Brexit has caused absolutely no problems, and so their trumpeted fears about Scotland leaving a union being ten times worse are problematic; ten times nothing is nothing - Scottish independence will have absolutely no effect on your small life. I’m sure they’d love to hear that from a fellow traveller.

8 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

So people are talking about independence being a busted flush and you responded expressing doubt about this view because the SNP had just secured a landslide win.

You can see why someone might get confused. 🤣

Well, you talked about all leaders having suffered due to their pandemic performance and I pointed out there was a recent election where the Scottish Governments performance was evaluated by the electorate. 

But sure, people, talking about things is certainly a more robust measure. 

Just now, oaksoft said:

Yes. In the context of where that leaves Independence.

On a thread about Independence. 🙄

You're whooshing me aren't you? 🤣

Emojis aren't really helping you here. 

Either you meant Government pandemic performance has had an effect on indy or it hasn't. You can argue that it has or does, both sides of the border but, it is true we in Scotland have had an opportunity to give a verdict. 

14 hours ago, Antlion said:

The typical attitude of the Brexiteer. You’ll note that it was the Telegraph claiming that Brexit was bad. Perhaps you’d like to write and correct them, pointing out that Brexit has caused absolutely no problems, and so their trumpeted fears about Scotland leaving a union being ten times worse are problematic; ten times nothing is nothing - Scottish independence will have absolutely no effect on your small life. I’m sure they’d love to hear that from a fellow traveller.

"didn't have to wait too long at immigration on the way to enjoy my annual two weeks in Magaluf (4*, breakfast and lunch included) - a little longer than I would have liked but you know what the Spanish are like with us Brits (add a couple of emoji's). Therefore no problems with Brexit for me, in fact a staggering success. If thousands and thousands of other people can no longer freely go and work, live, travel and study across Europe then it is a price worth paying"

19 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

You go on about the awfulness of Brexit but is that really true.

In my own small life, nothing much has changed.

There are reports of shortages in supermarkets but Mrs DPB doesn’t seem to have noticed much change.

The businesses in which I still have a residuary interest are doing well and no problems regarding EU imports.

What have I noticed?

Contrary to all warnings the stock market is doing just fine so no complaints from me on that front.

I read that wage rates are rising due to labour shortages. About time too!

Arrived in Spain a few days ago. Only hassle was Covid related.

Maybe you could tell me what are all the disasters are that you are encountering which are purely Brexit related rather than Covid?

There's a guy at my work who thinks that climate change is a hoax because the weather outside his front door doesn't always match what the experts are saying.

You are a Brexit version of him.

Excellent article in this weeks economist on the very subject:
IMG_6438.thumb.jpg.99cc1b3b183412f96b8ea63ad0b63fbe.jpg
The final paragraph incase it’s unreadable:
‘Mrs Sturgeon’s conference speech will no doubt be yet another crowd pleaser, repeating once more the SNP’s unrealistic pledge to fight IndyRef2 and to win it. The truth is that Scottish politics are stuck in an unproductive fantasy, with a referendum always around the corner and public opinion always in need of just one more push. That offers the SNP an eternal excuse to ignore Scotland’s real problems - and rescues it from a reckoning with voters. ‘If it wasn’t for the constitution we’d have lost the last election’ says an old friend of the first minister. ‘We deserved to. It’s all feeling tired. Maybe we need to lose one but I don’t see how’
Quite.

55 minutes ago, Lex said:

Excellent article in this weeks economist on the very subject:
IMG_6438.thumb.jpg.99cc1b3b183412f96b8ea63ad0b63fbe.jpg
The final paragraph incase it’s unreadable:
‘Mrs Sturgeon’s conference speech will no doubt be yet another crowd pleaser, repeating once more the SNP’s unrealistic pledge to fight IndyRef2 and to win it. The truth is that Scottish politics are stuck in an unproductive fantasy, with a referendum always around the corner and public opinion always in need of just one more push. That offers the SNP an eternal excuse to ignore Scotland’s real problems - and rescues it from a reckoning with voters. ‘If it wasn’t for the constitution we’d have lost the last election’ says an old friend of the first minister. ‘We deserved to. It’s all feeling tired. Maybe we need to lose one but I don’t see how’
Quite.

Scotland is in an unproductive fantasy because half the voters don't vote for unionist parties.

That's all I got from it.

Scotland is in an unproductive fantasy because half the voters don't vote for unionist parties.
That's all I got from it.

Well more than half do, and more than half always have done. It still leads to repeated SNP wins of course.
The only way to stop this would be for LIB/LAB/CON to stand down their candidates in respective marginal seats. The way the Greens do to help the SNP.
We all know this will never happen though - and nor should it. So the SNP will likely be the biggest party at Holyrood forever, and that referendum will always be just around the corner.

15 minutes ago, Lex said:

Well more than half do, and more than half always have done. It still leads to repeated SNP wins of course.
The only way to stop this would be for LIB/LAB/CON to stand down their candidates in respective marginal seats. The way the Greens do to help the SNP.
We all know this will never happen though - and nor should it. So the SNP will likely be the biggest party at Holyrood forever, and that referendum will always be just around the corner.

Sure, let's make them look even more desperate and out of touch. Three parties with nothing to offer except SNPBaaad.

Sure, let's make them look even more desperate and out of touch. Three parties with nothing to offer except SNPBaaad.

Like I said, there are unionists who support that approach, personally I don’t, and therefore I accept SNP4eva.

4 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Boris introducing a UK wide national insurance levvy that goes breaks his parties manifesto.

Unionists, care to defend this? Why should Scotland put up with this, we haven't voted for the tories in decades? 

It’s an absolute nonsense, however SG can play a blinder here, by writing the monies back to Scottish payers via the Barnett consequential they will get, mitigating the impact to the individual, all the while calling the Tories out for fucking Scotland.

34 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Well, what disasters are you experiencing?

Couldn't get my MS medication manufactured in The Netherlands as the supply chain is fucked- Brexit.

Had a relapse.

Enjoyed the sweet smell of sovereignty as I fell down the stairs because I couldn't walk properly.