When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

29 minutes ago, Kenneth840 said:

When we are finished talking about other stuff, would anyone like to take a look at our Claim of Right. 

It is the path to our Independence.

https://salvo.scot/

I admire your chutzpah, mate but the Claim of Right is much further than even I would go.  For example:

-The Erecting Schools and Colledges for Jesuits The Inverting protestant Chappells and Churches to publick Mass houses and the allowing Mass to be said are Contrair to Law

-That the allowing Popish bookes to be printed and Dispersed is Contrairy to law

Are these the bits you'd want iScot to adopt?

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

I admire your chutzpah, mate but the Claim of Right is much further than even I would go.  For example:

-The Erecting Schools and Colledges for Jesuits The Inverting protestant Chappells and Churches to publick Mass houses and the allowing Mass to be said are Contrair to Law

-That the allowing Popish bookes to be printed and Dispersed is Contrairy to law

Are these the bits you'd want iScot to adopt?

Thanks for your admiration, it is returned to you. 

My understanding is that the 1689 Claim of Right shows that the Scottish people held their sovereignty.

To deny the Claim of Right would be to deny the Acts and Treaty of Union. 

For many years the Claim of Right has been spoken to Westminster, but the Scottish people have not done anything about it because they are fannies.  It always has been recognised by Westminster that the Scottish people have the choice to decide the form of government best suited to their needs. 

Now we are pushing that right,  The right to our choice. 

If you have watched the video, it will show that have a convention of the estates.  We can hold the government to account if we choose to.  Why?  Because the Scottish people are sovereign. People don't realise this though. 

Your Union is safe. The Snp have been infiltrated by Labour wannabes since 2015. 

Independence is off the agenda, at least a serious attempt.  Why did Nicola say it would have no effect? 

8 minutes ago, Kenneth840 said:

Thanks for your admiration, it is returned to you. 

My understanding is that the 1689 Claim of Right shows that the Scottish people held their sovereignty.

Thankfully we don't have to go by that.  The entire point of the CoR was to show what a bad egg James VII was an how much better SCO would be if we had William and Mary as joint monarchs.  

The opening sentence gives you a clue:

The Declaration of the Estates of the Kingdom of Scotland containing the Claim of Right and the offer of the Croune to the King and Queen of England.

It really isn't difficult to google 'claim of right 1689 text' and read it for yourself.

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

Thankfully we don't have to go by that.  The entire point of the CoR was to show what a bad egg James VII was an how much better SCO would be if we had William and Mary as joint monarchs.  

The opening sentence gives you a clue:

The Declaration of the Estates of the Kingdom of Scotland containing the Claim of Right and the offer of the Croune to the King and Queen of England.

It really isn't difficult to google 'claim of right 1689 text' and read it for yourself.

And it isn't difficult to google salvo.scot.

Explains it better than I could. 

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

You're the chap making the claim.  Care to justify it?

No thanks, I don't need to justify anything my friend. (ok I will) 

I am Scottish. I am sovereign. I am asserting my sovereignty through the claim of right which has been acknowledged in westminster since before 1707 that I am sovereign.  

That is enough for me. 

Now I hope you have a good night, I am off to enjoy some burritos.  It was nice talking to you and I hope to do so again. 

All the best. 

3 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

You're the chap making the claim.  Care to justify it?

Hey ***. 😗. 😉.Do you think it would a good idea for Scotland to self govern and be part of a Union with our nearest neighbours In the UK and Europe.  Stand Free. Good luck in Europe. 👍

18 minutes ago, GTee said:

Hey ***. 😗. 😉.Do you think it would a good idea for Scotland to self govern and be part of a Union with our nearest neighbours In the UK and Europe.  Stand Free. Good luck in Europe. 👍

Scotland is not a homogeneous political or cultural entity but we do have to break this logjam.

My suggestion is to corral the Nationalist boors, neds and Shinners into one massive Yes Favela around Dundee so they/you can give the rest of Britain some peace from your constant girning and ignorance.

7 hours ago, Kenneth840 said:

When we are finished talking about other stuff, would anyone like to take a look at our Claim of Right. 

It is the path to our Independence.

https://salvo.scot/

No Kenneth...I would not.

You've obviously subscribed to the Yours for Scotland blog where they openly verbally assault the FM and indeed are attempting to hasten her downfall thereby destroying the ONLY viable political vehicle  for Scottish independence.

In anyone else's language....that would make them unionists.

9 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Scotland is not a homogeneous political or cultural entity but we do have to break this logjam.

My suggestion is to corral the Nationalist boors, neds and Shinners into one massive Yes Favela around Dundee so they/you can give the rest of Britain some peace from your constant girning and ignorance.

So, Kincy now favours partition. That worked well in Ireland.

It kind of contradicts his previous stance that the Acts of Union made Scotland & England indivisible. 

9 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Yet you were ok with Brexit turning the whole of the UK into a separatist favela, rather than just those pockets of xenophobic extremism (such as the one you claim to inhabit) leaving…

26 minutes ago, HTG said:

There are times when you realise just how valuable the ignore function on this site can be. 

A real meeting of the minds, with a lot more in common that they'd like to admit.

On 23/07/2022 at 01:38, TONTROOPER said:

No Kenneth...I would not.

You've obviously subscribed to the Yours for Scotland blog where they openly verbally assault the FM and indeed are attempting to hasten her downfall thereby destroying the ONLY viable political vehicle  for Scottish independence.

In anyone else's language....that would make them unionists.

Why wouldn't someone that is pro Independence not be interested in something that will help the cause to make Scotland Independent again?  Why wouldn't you as a pro Independence person be interested in the Claim of Right?  

I do read the Yours for Scotland website.  I think the criticism of the FM is warranted because who else would miss the many opportunities of the past few years to go for it.  This could all have been done years ago.  I don't understand why it is being done now, when it could have been done ages ago. 

What are your views on the proposed referendum in October 2023?  If it goes ahead and there is a Yes vote, what happens next? 

8 minutes ago, TapothehullDee said:

Indyref2, about 2030. Indyref 3 about 2040. Indyref 4 about 2050. It's like a hamster in a wheel, same old same old. 

Absolute shite from the yoons as normal. Pretty much all pro indy people I've spoken to realise that this is the last chance for quite some time. I repeat, the material change of Brexit merits the question again. If its no, pit the idea to bed for ages.

7 hours ago, Kenneth840 said:

Why wouldn't someone that is pro Independence not be interested in something that will help the cause to make Scotland Independent again?  Why wouldn't you as a pro Independence person be interested in the Claim of Right?  

As we discussed the other day, the CoR is mostly a diatribe against Jas VII.  Which bit should we be interested in?  That Jas, is guilty of, "By takeing the children of Protestant Noblemen and gentlemen sending and keeping them abroad to be bred papists makeing great fonds and dotationes to popish schooles and Colledges abroad bestowing pensiones upon preists and perverting protestants from ther Religion by offers of places preferments and pensiones".

It would be useful if you could narrow things down for us.

Edited by The_Kincardine

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Absolute shite from the yoons as normal. Pretty much all pro indy people I've spoken to realise that this is the last chance for quite some time. I repeat, the material change of Brexit merits the question again. If its no, pit the idea to bed for ages.

Silly.  An anti-EEC party demanding Britain be partitioned becomes a pro-EU party demanding Britain be partitioned?

It's all opportunistic grievance-mongering designed to appeal to the hard of thinking.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

I'm gonna say no to that. If a government's elected with a stated aim of holding a referendum on a subject, there should be nothing to prevent them doing so. That's a bit of a bare minimum as far as democracy goes, especially as our parliament reflects voters' wishes far better than Westminster ever will.

Conservatives should be all for this - just imagine the topics they could seek approval for at Westminster! Full privatisation of the NHS, an end to immigration, dropping the ECHR, return of the death penalty...unless the idea is to do all of that without specifically asking. Yeah, that'll be it.