When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Naw. TCK. I don't even disagree with the point he made but if he's gonnae invent mates then make it a bit less contrived.

They aren't my pals. It was 2 work colleagues and 2 of her family.
I clearly used they 2 terms as a piss take- hence why I put them in inverted comments but whilst the words were different the sentiments were the same.

For the record I did a straw poll of my pals in 3 different group chats I'm a member of. The end result was 9 Tories, 5 labour and one who was between the SNP and Labour.

Everyone I know, including myself, who turned away from the SNP to Labour did so because of the SNP's rubbish campaign and because of the boy Corbz. Nothing was said about the referendum. I can believe Tory voters *may* have bought into that but likely up north the EU and other factors played a part. I would honestly be amazed if even a nominal amount of the Labour vote switchers were swayed by Dugdale's avowed opposition to another referendum. She's prevented more switching IMO. I only decided on the day to go Labour and I had to get confirmation from my Labour candidate that he would put Corbyn's manifesto promises ahead of this boring indyref focus.

12 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

She lost somewhere north of 600,000 votes at the GE by having it in there.

Now by delaying she is allowing Davdison to set the agenda.

Ruth made a great speech the other day where she pleaded with Sturgeon to give Scotland a break even for a little while.

Labour in Scotland certainly has not got its act together. If it did, I think the SNP would be finished in terms of Westminster voting.

That wasn't the sole reason. Five people I know voted Tory who normally despise them because they wanted anybody bar the SNP over their handling of education. Pre election the only serious challengers seemed to be the tories but if more people were aware Labour would take seats then a lot more votes would have went that way. 

In airdrie and shotts SNP lost 7,500 votes from last time. The Labour vote also declined although the vote share was up by 3% but UKIP never stood nor did an independent.
The Tories gained 5,500 votes so safe to assume had labour been seen as credible opponents they'd have walked airdrie.

Labour no voters from the last time moving to the Tories because they didn't realise just how much support the SNP was going to be getting after indyref and probably because Corbyns moved the Labour Party in a totally different direction. SNP voters from the last time taking their place, because they were impressed with Corbyn.

That wasn't the sole reason. Five people I know voted Tory who normally despise them because they wanted anybody bar the SNP over their handling of education. Pre election the only serious challengers seemed to be the tories but if more people were aware Labour would take seats then a lot more votes would have went that way.

You know people who voted Tory,even though they despise them,because they wanted anybody bar the SNP, because of education.Have they not seen the mess of the education system down south?

They aren't my pals. It was 2 work colleagues and 2 of her family.
I clearly used they 2 terms as a piss take- hence why I put them in inverted comments but whilst the words were different the sentiments were the same.

For the record I did a straw poll of my pals in 3 different group chats I'm a member of. The end result was 9 Tories, 5 labour and one who was between the SNP and Labour.

Your group chats sound like a laugh. And definitely not made up.

Your group chats sound like a laugh. And definitely not made up.

They're hilarious thanks. In fact they aren't I made them up as you say... because it's utterly inconceivable that's a guy from airdrie where 22,000 people voted labour or conservative might know a few conservative and labour voters. Even more inconceivable that a guy who is a unionist might have pals that share his political out look and priorities.

31 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

They're hilarious thanks. In fact they aren't I made them up as you say... because it's utterly inconceivable that's a guy from airdrie where 22,000 people voted labour or conservative might know a few conservative and labour voters. Even more inconceivable that a guy who is a unionist might have pals that share his political out look and priorities.

Is this group chat a support group for people with STD's?  Did you all meet at the clinic?

The Yoons are getting pretty cocky with their bantz, since their massive "win" on Thursday.  You know what they say about pride though...

The Hubris is dripping off them

Mind you many were guilty of assuming that SNP showing in 2014 was now the way things were going to be in perpetuity.

The Ruth Davidson fan club would do well to learn from this example in 2016

A lot of people I know that voted SNP last time voted Labour this time around because of Corbyn's manifesto. All would still vote Yes if there was another referendum. I imagine that's been a recurring theme throughout Scotland. 

Opinion poling hasn't been too generous on our side recently. I think the SNP should take indyref2 off the table until we get an outlook on Brexit. Hell, there might even be another GE before then. It's strange times we're in. 

It's evident that the EU result had no effect on the appetite for Scottish independence. It's probably regressed, actually. Still think there's plenty of appetite for an independent Scotland but nowhere near enough to win it if it was held in the near future. 

Anecdotally speaking to no voters who voted SNP in 2015 but for other parties last week the referendum thing was a large part of the reason, but they were people who were no voters anyway. I think the assumption that everyone voting for a unionist party is a no voter and everyone voting for the SNP is a nat is probably inaccurate. It doesn't feel like there is much of an appetite for another referendum except from strongly pro-independence people. I get the impression that there are a fair number of soft-yes people who would vote yes if there was a referendum tomorrow who still don't have the appetite for another referendum. I think they are people who may have voted for other parties last Thursday. I don't think there has been any noticeable shift either towards or against independence and I think at the moment another referendum would likely return a similar result to the last one. Sturgeon definitely went too soon with the announcement of another referendum. I think she had thought Brexit would have a quick boost to the pro-independence movement and was trying to capitalise on it, but it didn't really happen apart from in the immediate week or two after the referendum result.

Taking Remain votes in Scotland to be the same as endorsing Indy2 in the event of Brexit was just wishful thinking. Because voting Labour/Corbyn has suddenly become acceptable a fair few sheep have left the flock and others will follow.Corbyn for the moment at least is the "fashion" and the SNP are feeling the loss of being the "only show in town".