When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So it's not the fact she brought it on herself that the problem then- it's the fact she criticised the leader.

No,its you moving the goalposts on every political thread you swagger in to trying to be billy big baws.

No one mentioned homelessness until you decided it was time to go Whatabout.

No, it's the fact that she lied and the MSM conveniently ran with it even although halfwits sitting at home had the nouse to say "how the f**k can she not get by on 5 or 6 hundred quid a week".

If a 'yes' supporter had lied by exaggerating a point on TV - I genuinely don't think you or many others would give two shits (no doubt some on the other side would but that doesn't make it right).

That's the problem here. I like sturgeon and I'm a committed yes voter.

But harassing people like this is just not fucking on. By all means raise the point, question it, force the media to notice the truth.

But this was personal harassment - months later. That's just not acceptable.

Just now, The Chlamydia Kid said:

If the same woman had done it at a UK level to May and blamed austerity you'd all have lapped it up and made her a heroine.

The only surprise in this post is that you didn't resort to it earlier.  It was as predictable as night follows day that you would.

There were folk bleating on here for weeks about nurses using food bank and every one was in agreement it was a disgrace. The only one that challenged it was oaksoft or mcspreader. Then a few weeks later food banks were used to score a goal against sturgeon suddenly nobody would accept anything at face value.

If a 'yes' supporter had lied by exaggerating a point on TV - I genuinely don't think you or many others would give two shits (no doubt some on the other side would but that doesn't make it right).

But harassing people like this is just not fucking on. By all means raise the point, question it, force the media to notice the truth.

Even 'Wings' called this out.
Its shite behaviour but I'm not sure I'm responsible for it because I share a political view with the guy.

3 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Personal harassment, I agree, is beyond the pale.

However, as anyone who has appeared on TV will attest to, once your profile is raised a level of intrusion into your private life will follow.

What people have done to her is much less than a journalist taking through her wheelie bins, hacking her phone, camping outside her front door or the paparazzi chasing her down the street with their cameras.

All of it is regrettable but it is also a reality.  It's one she should have considered before she told what is, IMO, a very tall tale.

If she had a credible premise then she could have given interviews and made a very real impact in the days and weeks afterwards.

The laughable hypocrisy of the media crying "harassment" is quite off the scale too.  Considering the shit they get up to.  They would've been lining up at her door with blank cheques if they thought they could get a few headlines out of it.  Regrettably, thanks to a few idiots, they got an SNP bad story to kick the arse out of.

Not if she was a liar, then we'd argue she'd damaged the argument.

Maybe. But there would be an awful lot more understanding of her point. You'd see all sorts of people saying stuff like 'she may have taken it a bit far but...'.

It's about consistency.

12 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

There were folk bleating on here for weeks about nurses using food bank and every one was in agreement it was a disgrace. The only one that challenged it was oaksoft or mcspreader. Then a few weeks later food banks were used to score a goal against sturgeon suddenly nobody would accept anything at face value.

Would you have posted your link had this story been about the a nurse berating Theresa May and the Tories for the same reason?

You wouldn't have.

34 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Maybe. But there would be an awful lot more understanding of her point. You'd see all sorts of people saying stuff like 'she may have taken it a bit far but...'.

It's about consistency.

When do you think we'll get some?

Fucking hell. She openly lied on TV to try and score a few points. She linked her "low" salary with her need to use foodbanks (which she later changed to 'had been referred'). It was a pile of shite which in some ways reinforced the erroneous view that foodbanks were for folk.tjat just fancied a free week's shopping.

Struggling to find an ounce of sympathy tbh

Fucking hell. She openly lied on TV to try and score a few points. She linked her "low" salary with her need to use foodbanks (which she later changed to 'had been referred'). It was a pile of shite which in some ways reinforced the erroneous view that foodbanks were for folk.tjat just fancied a free week's shopping.

Struggling to find an ounce of sympathy tbh

So how long will it be acceptable to harass her in public?