When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A digital currency would hopefully tank our economy to the extent where I could live out my dream of going on the telly in a military uniform and announcing to everyone that a coup had definitely not taken place and for everyone to stay at home.

http://www.diva-portal.org/smash/get/diva2:1064182/FULLTEXT01.pdf

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-07-17/going-cashless-bad-for-tax-cheats-privacy-poor-quicktake-q-a

It's not *that* outlandish an idea, is it? :unsure:

edit: although, for a bit of balance:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-26/europeans-still-love-paying-cash-even-if-they-don-t-know-it

I mean it was just a thought. If you think it's totally unworkable or totally politically unpalatable then fair enough, I'll hold my hands up as per my first post that this type of thinking is above my pay grade, but I'm not sure it's *that* much more radical an idea than, say, a universal basic income, an idea which is gaining traction.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

It wasn't just Darien, but the ill years of the 1690s and growing economic nationalism that shut off Scottish trading avenues that brought Scotland round towards union with England. I think England would have eventually invaded anyway and Scotland got a pretty decent deal out of the English in 1707 all things considered. It feels like a pointless waste of time framing the nationalism argument around 1707 anyway when it's the failings of the post-1979 Westminster establishment that's central to the independence argument.

At the end of the day support for independence hasn't dropped, in recent polls it's actually risen.

We don't need to win by a large margin, all we need to do is get another 4 or 5 percent to get over the winning line.  Brexit will be a factor as reality bites economically. 

We also have the worst UK government I have ever seen.  Independence is achievable with a referendum within the next 18 months - in fact it could be our best chance 

Agree with this.

The No vote is soft and it showed last time when Yes closed the gap over the last 6 months.

The key will be getting people enthused again - the SNP have been far too feart recently and this don't rock the boat attitude makes them look inactive.

2 hours ago, philyerboots said:

God help us if it ever happens but thankfully as we all know it won't

We are in a black place with these halfwits never mind black ice,

this has been the mildest winter that I can remember and this tit of a woman is using black ice as an excuse

25550486_2057817624453848_4502257116122954844_n.png

Share if you agree!!

2 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Agree with this.

The No vote is soft and it showed last time when Yes closed the gap over the last 6 months.

The key will be getting people enthused again - the SNP have been far too feart recently and this don't rock the boat attitude makes them look inactive.

Surely the budget is evidence that they're addressing this and ditching the cautious approach?

this has been the mildest winter that I can remember and this tit of a woman is using black ice as an excuse

25550486_2057817624453848_4502257116122954844_n.thumb.png.85c20ca99cefe54d4fb01a98d81d04bf.png
Yet more proof that you are a fucking moron.

On 12/21/2017 at 07:24, philyerboots said:

25550486_2057817624453848_4502257116122954844_n.png

Some points.

One from the news mentioned in your meme:

So, if Scotland has the best performing NHS, then what exactly would the Unionists of Tory, Labour and the Lib Dems want to replicate from rUK in Scotland?

And this quote:

Health Secretary Shona Robison said outbreaks of flu and slips and trips because of black ice had led to extra pressure on hospitals in recent weeks.

She said the Scottish government was working with NHS Lothian to help tackle waiting times and delayed discharges at the Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh (RIE) by "helping identify specific issues and providing solutions".

As someone who works in education, I know that in my place of work that all of these have contributed to increasing our general workload in the past 4 or 5 weeks.

Yes, things could be better but Scot NHS is doing a pretty good job, and high patient satisfaction levels would attest to that.

Though, I'm interested in hearing what the Unionist parties would do differently and why their policies are failing in rUK?

Edited by Crùbag

1 minute ago, Crùbag said:

Some points.

One from the news mentioned in your meme:

So, if Scotland has the best performing NHS, then what exactly would the Unionists of Tory, Labour and the Lib Dems want to replicate from rUK in Scotland?

And this quote:

As someone who works in education, I know that in my place of work that all of these have contributed to our general workload in the past 4 or 5 weeks.

Yes, things could be better but Scot NHS is doing a pretty good job, and high patient satisfaction levels would attest to that.

Though, I'm interested in hearing what the Unionist parties would do differently and why their policies are failing in rUK?

All well and good, but Philyerboots is as thick as f**k, possibly even more so than Glen Minter, and as such is only able to offer seethe, and shite memes.

It wasn't just Darien, but the ill years of the 1690s and growing economic nationalism that shut off Scottish trading avenues that brought Scotland round towards union with England. I think England would have eventually invaded anyway and Scotland got a pretty decent deal out of the English in 1707 all things considered. It feels like a pointless waste of time framing the nationalism argument around 1707 anyway when it's the failings of the post-1979 Westminster establishment that's central to the independence argument.
Thats fine then, we got a good deal in 1707. Great result really. Ffs