When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

35 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Honestly until supermarket shelves are empty because of a hard brexit I don't think most people give two hoots about brexit as a reason for independence.

Even then the SNP would need to act in about a month before the 'bullying EU' narrative is bought into in that situation.

When the supermarket shelves become empty, it will be the SNPs fault and don't you dare question that fact.

Honestly until supermarket shelves are empty because of a hard brexit I don't think most people give two hoots about brexit as a reason for independence.

Even then the SNP would need to act in about a month before the 'bullying EU' narrative is bought into in that situation.

Agreed. It’s easy to forget the majority don’t know or care about the intricacies of Brexit. It’s just something they’re fed up of hearing about. A third of the country didn’t even vote FFS.

Sturgeon has done well to keep the converted in check for the past few years, while still happily taking their membership fees. Would be surprised if she let it slip now before anyone can feel the effects of Brexit.

Ofc if the scare stories don’t happen and we just have the same old with a bit less money flowing around the country then plenty of people will bring out the “REAL uncertainty of leaving the UK” argument. If independence is going to happen just by the exiting of the EU then it needs to be properly horrific for people to feel like they need to vote.

For Scotland to be free we'll need to have nothing of any worth and for all the British Oversea Territories bankrupt, HMRC cleansed of all former private accountancy firm employees, LLP firms to be abolished, the Royal family and all of England's aristocracy dead and any other mechanism for the hundreds of trillions of pounds that makes the City of London stay at the front of almost 50% of the world's offshore slush funds will have to cease.

Brexit is only about protection of The Square Mile and the British Establishment. As so often in history the pantomime of Parliament is a convenient distraction. If we want to be free it's going to take more than flag waving and high street stalls. Much more.

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

For Scotland to be free we'll need to have nothing of any worth and for all the British Oversea Territories bankrupt, HMRC cleansed of all former private accountancy firm employees, LLP firms to be abolished, the Royal family and all of England's aristocracy dead and any other mechanism for the hundreds of trillions of pounds that makes the City of London stay at the front of almost 50% of the world's offshore slush funds will have to cease.

Brexit is only about protection of The Square Mile and the British Establishment. As so often in history the pantomime of Parliament is a convenient distraction. If we want to be free it's going to take more than flag waving and high street stalls. Much more.

Spooky

Old guy in a Glasgow pub over 40 years ago said almost the same thing. “Scotland will get independence when there’s f**k all left”.

Okay, need to revise my before Xmas prediction of the indyref2 announcement since that daft bint May is not having the vote in the Commons until 11th December.

New prediction of January! Get it in your diary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumsup2

21 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Brexit is only about protection of The Square Mile.

Given that I have spent a lot of time posting in The BRALT I would say this is the most stupid comment I have ever read in my almost 13 years on P&B.

Is this the shite you politics boys have to put up with on a daily basis?

Given that I have spent a lot of time posting in The BRALT I would say this is the most stupid comment I have ever read in my almost 13 years on P&B.
Is this the shite you politics boys have to put up with on a daily basis?
If you're referring to your own turps-fuelled trolling, then Yes.

22 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Alright, alright, I'll get on to it. Sheesh.

Bit busy right now, but I'll try and get most of it done by the end of May.

1 hour ago, Colkitto said:

Okay, need to revise my before Xmas prediction of the indyref2 announcement since that daft bint May is not having the vote in the Commons until 11th December.

New prediction of January! Get it in your diary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumsup2

I would suggest January is the plan at the moment but things can change.

Doesn’t mean a Section 30 is accepted though. 

2 hours ago, Colkitto said:

This is nearly as bad as JLD's Brexit will/won't happen NAP predictions.

6 hours ago, Colkitto said:

You've moved your dates more than a brexiteer moves their money out of UK.