When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Again, disagree. They'll get what they voted for good and hard and continue blaming immigrants, but the idea it's chiefly Rupert Murdoch's fault and not their own is crap.

We need to recognise a substantial chunk of British people are, always have been and always will be racist because they have thought about it and chosen to be racist.

We'll agree to disagree. There are obviously people like that but it's unfair to write off 17/18 million people as such. I just don't believe things are so binary.

They will get what they voted for though, as will we get what we didn't.

While a lot of the shouting is done by folk that are over the top..
A film about Robert the Bruce shown at the Edinburgh festival, you'd think would be on show in Scotland in cineworld.
A lot of folk trying a bit 'too hard' not to be nationalistic .

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Im a nationalist but everything about that film looks shit, also cinemas have to run at a profit and not pander, thats why they only show films they think will make them a profit.

7 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Im a nationalist but everything about that film looks shit, also cinemas have to run at a profit and not pander, thats why they only show films they think will make them a profit.

Didn't look amazing from the trailer I saw but neither did it look like a disaster.  

I'm not disagreeing with your point on profit.  I was just surprised they thought it wouldn't turn a profit and of all places you'd expect it to be shown would be here.  Cineworld are one of the main cinema companies in Scotland.  I also think some people are trying ever so hard to appear pragmatic whether it's on catalonia or instinctively ridiculing anything about Scottish history.  You want to create a new state based on national grounds.  Own what you think.

It can't be any worse than the Chris Pine take.

Didn't look amazing from the trailer I saw but neither did it look like a disaster.  
I'm not disagreeing with your point on profit.  I was just surprised they thought it wouldn't turn a profit and of all places you'd expect it to be shown would be here.  Cineworld are one of the main cinema companies in Scotland.  I also think some people are trying ever so hard to appear pragmatic whether it's on catalonia or instinctively ridiculing anything about Scottish history.  You want to create a new state based on national grounds.  Own what you think.
It can't be any worse than the Chris Pine take.

As someone who’s studied history at university I think its unfair to say I ridicule Scottish history because im hostile towards film representations about Scottish historical figures. It looks like a shite film and Angus Mcfadyen appears to be an utter loon ball. Id much rather go and watch a film that was produced either wholly or partly in Scotland than one appealing to the nutters in the nationalist movement like Clerkin etc but hasn’t raised a single penny in revenue for Scotland in terms of its production.
As a civic nationalist I want to create a state based on fairness and equality where the only qualification for citizenship (not subjectory) is a desire to contribute towards that nation, absolutely nothing to do with any historical notion of Scotland which would stretch all the way to Yorkshire etc and more to do with what Scotland could become than any teary eyed ‘freedom’ type nonsense taking us back to bannockburn.

3 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

As someone who’s studied history at university I think its unfair to say I ridicule Scottish history because im hostile towards film representations about Scottish historical figures. It looks like a shite film and Angus Mcfadyen appears to be an utter loon ball. Id much rather go and watch a film that was produced either wholly or partly in Scotland than one appealing to the nutters in the nationalist movement like Clerkin etc but hasn’t raised a single penny in revenue for Scotland in terms of its production.
As a civic nationalist I want to create a state based on fairness and equality where the only qualification for citizenship (not subjectory) is a desire to contribute towards that nation, absolutely nothing to do with any historical notion of Scotland which would stretch all the way to Yorkshire etc and more to do with what Scotland could become than any teary eyed ‘freedom’ type nonsense taking us back to bannockburn.

Quite.  I wasn't really talking about you, per se.

That's all well and good; and my desire too.  It's still nationalism though.  Call it what you want, civic or whatever .  It's based on a border brought about by the history.  Your polity might be better as a Central belt ministate.  Why are you taking Perthshire with you.  Because nation.

Quite.  I wasn't really talking about you, per se.
That's all well and good; and my desire too.  It's still nationalism though.  Call it what you want, civic or whatever .  It's based on a border brought about by the history.  Your polity might be better as a Central belt ministate.  Why are you taking Perthshire with you.  Because nation.

Given that it seems to be populated by tory fuckwits i’d be fine for it to remain an enclave :P

£18,000 takings on its opening weekend. That’s £18,000 more than it would have without the Alt Nats, but still absolutely terrible for a film on opening weekend.

I made it on Wings blocklist...  thank f**k as it seems to drowned out most of the zoomers on the pro-indy side [emoji23]

Welcome to the club! My twitter handle was getting passed around the tinfoilhatnats telling people to block and report me because I disagreed with wings, these people are mentally ill.
Im hoping for a split in the snp post indy with all the right wing transphobic arseholes going their own way.

https://wingsoverscotland.com/no-independence-day/

Campbell is up to something fishy 😂

He hits the nail on the head about Sturgeon and the salaried SNPers not being overly interested in Indyref2 but pretending he's just came to that conclusion is ridiculous. He looks to be moving early before the SNP/Indy movement splits  if/when Indyref2 goes off the agenda.

Edited by Detournement

awfyquiet.png&key=5034fab6211dc7ea2efe9cca434f5a2825ae0eed30533055205268328de07e9d

I hope they did a Libdem and made the 35 way more than 9 times bigger than the 4

Em, excuse me, if we’re discussing hilariously misrepresenting figure differentials in graph form, can we please only use the premier example in the art form:
IMG_9811.jpg