When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

14 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:
18 minutes ago, Malky3 said:
Tell me how any political party would mitigate the effects of austerity that would be forced on the country through Sterlingisation? 
As for pharmaceuticals - Donald Trump has already stated that they would be quick to offer the UK a trade deal. I believe they too make medicines and medical supplies 

Ah well if Donald Trump says so we should be fine then.

I wouldn't knock Trump. I suspect the only reason he set out to become President of the USA was so he could kick Alex Salmonds arse over that Golf Course in Aberdeen 😃

12 minutes ago, This time Perthshirebell said:

Scots drive more miles than the UK average according the the AA.   Can you tell the forum whether this is reflected when Fuel duties are divvied up in GERS?   

I don't know. What I do know is that the SNP used to love to use GERS figures when it showed the Scottish Government spending less than it raised in taxation. Sadly since the SNP have had control of the budget they've become less keen to use GERS figures because it highlights the embarrassment of the economic case of their single policy. 

Maybe you can use Alex Salmonds abacus and tell us what size the deficit would be in an Independent Scotland, showing us your working of course. I suspect this will land up looking like something that would embarrass Dianne Abbot

STOP QUOTING THE c**t. 
Fair enough if, after all these pages of utter snot, you can still be arsed reading this dressed up troll shite but please don't inflict it on us all. 
Absolutely nailed on that this boy is an absolute fantasist [emoji23]

1 minute ago, This time Perthshirebell said:

You get to ask a question once you've answered one.   

So can you tell the forum what percentage of fuel duties are attributed to Scottish petrol stations - is it via population share or a bespoke calculation that reflects residents of Scotland drive more than English, Welsh or Northern Irish counterparts?   

Sorry but last time I checked I was pretty sure I was wee Malky fae Glasgow, not Phillip Hammond or Sanjid Javid fae London. 

Do you think it will make £14Bn of a difference? 

38 minutes ago, beefybake said:

The reality is that Ireland's loyalty is with the EU.   

Aye absolutely, but they still need a deal. As I said I suspect the first trade deals will be with the USA, and some of the Commonwealth countries like Australia, Canada and New Zealand, and I would imagine that a deal with the EU wouldn't be that far behind either. What would be more worrying to me would be to have a Scottish Government pushing Scotland towards another expensive, costly and damaging divorce just as things would be getting better. That would be catastrophic for Scotland. 

13 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Absolutely nailed on that this boy is an absolute fantasist emoji23.png

We're all fantasists in this debate - guessing at outcomes. I'm closer to reality than most though. Brexit is happening. Scottish Independence will NEVER happen. 

4 minutes ago, This time Perthshirebell said:

So a clear example where GERS are wrong.   

With a deficit of over £100 billion - far higher than Greece on a per capita basis, before we leave the (only) Single market and with thousands and thousands of billions of pounds of debt, is the UK viable as a going concern?   

I was right - the Scottish Diane Abbott.

Here's the latest figures from the Office of National Statistics

General government deficit (or net borrowing) was £25.5 billion in the financial year ending March 2019, equivalent to 1.2% of GDP and 1.8 percentage points below the reference value of 3.0% set out in the Protocol on the Excessive Deficit Procedure.

Greece is one of the few European countries to be in surplus. However I wouldn't wish the Greek economy on my worst enemy. 

Edited by Malky3

10 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

Aye absolutely, but they still need a deal. As I said I suspect the first trade deals will be with the USA, and some of the Commonwealth countries like Australia, Canada and New Zealand, and I would imagine that a deal with the EU wouldn't be that far behind either. What would be more worrying to me would be to have a Scottish Government pushing Scotland towards another expensive, costly and damaging divorce just as things would be getting better. That would be catastrophic for Scotland. 

So your attachment to the UK is causing an expensive, costly, and damaging divorce we didn’t want, but we’re expected to endure it out of fear of causing what you believe will be another expensive, costly, and damaging divorce? Sorry, but no. You don’t get to insist that Scotland suffers something you acknowledge to be damaging just because you don’t want to rock the RMS Brittanic. The torpedo is already burying itself in the hull. Scotland has a simple choice: remain tied to a state that is committing hara-kiri or seek statehood itself. You can argue that the latter is more damaging than the former all you like, but don’t expect it to make many converts to the UKNat cause.

It seems that there’s no longer a “UKOK” but rather “UKBAD INDYWORSE”. Hardly going to get many of us meekly eating our cereal.

Edited by Antlion

14 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

You obviously know little about trade deals and the very long time it can take to agree them, if at all.  And you forgot to include the biggest Commonwealth country of the lot, India, who have already delivered a polite f**k off unless the UK accedes to THEIR requests.  There is no reason to assume that the others will not drive an equally hard bargain.

Edited by O'Kelly Isley III

33 minutes ago, Antlion said:

So your attachment to the UK is causing an expensive, costly, and damaging divorce we didn’t want, but we’re expected to endure it out of fear of causing what you believe will be another expensive, costly, and damaging divorce? Sorry, but no. You don’t get to insist that Scotland suffers something you acknowledge to be damaging just because you don’t want to rock the RMS Brittanic. The torpedo is already burying itself in the hull. Scotland has a simple choice: remain tied to a state that is committing hara-kiri or seek statehood itself. You can argue that the latter is more damaging than the former all you like, but don’t expect it to make many converts to the UKNat cause.

It seems that there’s no longer a “UKOK” but rather “UKBAD INDYWORSE”. Hardly going to get many of us meekly eating our cereal.

What?

That doesn't make any sense. I voted remain and No. I've not gone after any sort of divorce. 

Just now, Malky3 said:

What?

That doesn't make any sense. I voted remain and No. I've not gone after any sort of divorce. 

UK unionism means Brexit. It is the stated policy and direction of the UK (parliament and government). No one cares what you voted for in 2016 or 2014. You currently support an expensive, damaging, and costly divorce Scotland did not seek and tried to prevent happening - to no effect.

34 minutes ago, This time Perthshirebell said:

Only a fool would present a financial projection for a country using only the last 365 days.    Are you telling me the UK's deficit wasn't over £100 billion and far worse than Greece on a GDP per capita basis?   

Is the UK sustainable, or is it too poor to survive ( us Scots lower of GDP per capita to remain members) with a mountain of debt and Brexit on the way.   

I didn't quote a financial projection. I quoted the ACTUAL figures as supplied by the Office of National Statistics. For clarity- those figures show that the UK deficit was nowhere near £100Bn in the last fiscal year - it was in fact £25.5Bn - and separate figures from the Greek government show they reported an annual surplus. 

The UK is absolutely sustainable. It's far more sustainable today than it was when Gordon Brown left Downing Street. A more relevant question on this thread is to ask is Scotland is sustainable when the GERS figures report that there is a fiscal gap of £10.3m which equates to £1,885 per person in Scotland. 

49 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Why didn't you quote the previous 2 paragraphs, Malky?

Especially the one that starts "General government gross debt was £1,821.3 billion at the end of the financial year ending March 2019, equivalent to 85.2% of GDP"

Why would I quote that? The Perthshire fool was talking about deficits not total debt. 

47 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

You obviously know little about trade deals and the very long time it can take to agree them, if at all.  And you forgot to include the biggest Commonwealth country of the lot, India, who have already delivered a polite f**k off unless the UK accedes to THEIR requests.  There is no reason to assume that the others will not drive an equally hard bargain.

You are absolutely right. Wee Malky fae Glasgow knows very little about trade deals. Please impart your wisdom on me whilst proving your relevant experience is in the negotiation of trade deals. 

Malky - Would you agree that "General government gross debt was £1,821.3 billion at the end of the financial year ending March 2019, equivalent to 85.2% of GDP" Simple question - Yes or No.

If Yes, why do you believe that it is pertinent just to quote a figure for the last 365 days worth of debt run up by the UK? Surely the overall debt is the more relevant figure.

Selective quotations of this type don't help your case.

15 minutes ago, Antlion said:

UK unionism means Brexit. It is the stated policy and direction of the UK (parliament and government). No one cares what you voted for in 2016 or 2014. You currently support an expensive, damaging, and costly divorce Scotland did not seek and tried to prevent happening - to no effect.

Seriously you need to do something about your prejudices. It's becoming quite a worry. 

UK Unionism does not mean Brexit. That is one of the most ridiculous statements I've read in a long time and it's a gross misrepresentation of the facts. In reality David Cameron and George Osbourne were two of the most active campaigners for the pro EU campaign. Both were far more visible and active than Nicola Sturgeon who preferred not to get involved as it might mean having to share a platform with Conservative, Labour and Lib Dem politicians. 

When Cameron and Osbourne LOST the EU Referendum they resigned. The Conservative Party elected a new leader - remainer Theresa May, who then appointed another remainer, Phillip Hammond to the office of Chancellor. 

To this day Brexit divides members in each party. The split in the Conservative Party is quite obvious. The Labour Party seems these days to be full of MP's that don't agree with pro Brexiteer - Jeremy Corbyn - playing politics with the issue rather than demanding a second referendum. And the Lib Dems have never wavered in their support of the EU and are indeed more united on the issue than the SNP is where grandees like Jim Sillars and Alex Neal fundamentally disagree with the SNP party leadership over an Independent Scotland being told what laws to enforce by the EU. 

The UK electorate voted for Brexit - Westminister as a whole continues to block Brexit. 

An SNP-obsessed history of Brexit does not undermine the fact that supporting Scotland’s regional status within the UK-state means supporting Brexit. Until Article 50 is revoked, that remains the case. Your penchant for regionalism means a costly, damaging, and expensive divorce brought about by the UK electorate. Own it.