When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Baxter Parp said:

"To argue that Scotland has been ‘bailed out’ to the tune of over £700m because of a slump in the Scottish economy is clearly wrong. And the use of the phrase ‘additional funding’ is odd."

"Yes, there is a reconciliation gap to the tune of £204m that Scottish Government now needs to manage (not to mention potential further negative reconciliations in the future), but that’s it."

Uh-huh! I didn't say it was down to a slump in the Scottish Economy. I said the tax increase didn't increase the tax take by the amount the Scottish Government had forecast. The risk sharing agreement has saved the Scottish Government from the majority of their mistake. 

1 minute ago, Malky3 said:

Uh-huh! I didn't say it was down to a slump in the Scottish Economy. I said the tax increase didn't increase the tax take by the amount the Scottish Government had forecast. The risk sharing agreement has saved the Scottish Government from the majority of their mistake. 

It wasn't the Scottish Government's mistake, they get all of their information from HMRC.  It was HMRC's prediction of what would be raised given the changes made.

5 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

It wasn't the Scottish Government's mistake, they get all of their information from HMRC.  It was HMRC's prediction of what would be raised given the changes made.

This is what is quite incredible about the SNP - they always seem to be utterly blameless no matter the fault.

It's the HMRC to blame this time. The ONS were to blame for the oil forecasts in the white paper. The NHS recruitment shortfall is down to immigration - not Nicola Sturgeons decision when she was Health Secretary to put in place a recruitment freeze. When our education system dropped down the world rankings the SNP blamed Local Authorities. When Lamara Bell died in that M80 road crash, and the review found that the reason was because the call centres were so short staffed that senior police officers, who couldn't work the computer systems, were being paid overtime to take the phone calls - they blamed the Chief Constable. 

it all points to an incompetent government I'm afraid. The buck usually stops with those at the top. 

Just now, Malky3 said:

This is what is quite incredible about the SNP - they always seem to be utterly blameless no matter the fault.

It's the HMRC to blame this time. The ONS were to blame for the oil forecasts in the white paper. The NHS recruitment shortfall is down to immigration - not Nicola Sturgeons decision when she was Health Secretary to put in place a recruitment freeze. When our education system dropped down the world rankings the SNP blamed Local Authorities. When Lamara Bell died in that M80 road crash, and the review found that the reason was because the call centres were so short staffed that senior police officers, who couldn't work the computer systems, were being paid overtime to take the phone calls - they blamed the Chief Constable. 

it all points to an incompetent government I'm afraid. The buck usually stops with those at the top. 

Uh-huh, usual pish, when you get proved wrong fling a load of half-truths and fibs in the hope that something sticks.

So to summarise the last few pages, we won't have the police forces or the fire brigade in an independent Scotland and Detective Chief Inspectors man the phones in call centres.

That'll do me. Give me a shout when the inevitable banhammer strikes.

21 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

Uh-huh, usual pish, when you get proved wrong fling a load of half-truths and fibs in the hope that something sticks.

Half truths and fibs is exactly what you are operating on. Jeez, you just blamed the HMRC for the Scottish Government decision to raise taxes and it not bringing in as much money as was forecast! Can you hear yourself? Imagine how you would have reacted had the same thing happened at Westminster. 

49 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

To be followed by his inevitable “I know you are but what am I” responses, the thick, knuckle-dragging c**t. If you follow his replies you’ll notice that all he’s capable of is taking any criticism and parroting it back at the person he’s answering.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: where are all the reasonable opponents of Scottish statehood? Are there any left? Were there ever any?

4 minutes ago, Antlion said:

To be followed by his inevitable “I know you are but what am I” responses, the thick, knuckle-dragging c**t. If you follow his replies you’ll notice that all he’s capable of is taking any criticism and parroting it back at the person he’s answering.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: where are all the reasonable opponents of Scottish statehood? Are there any left? Were there ever any?

According to the latest poll there's still over 54% of Scots who wouldn't vote for Independence. i suspect the reason they don't engage, and perhaps something I should learn from, is that nationalists are ideologically driven to take the country over a cliff and when you ask them why they would do it, they haven't got a single reason other than some fantasy that anything is better than being part of the worlds 5th richest economy. 

1 minute ago, Malky3 said:

According to the latest poll there's still over 54% of Scots who wouldn't vote for Independence. i suspect the reason they don't engage, and perhaps something I should learn from, is that nationalists are ideologically driven to take the country over a cliff and when you ask them why they would do it, they haven't got a single reason other than some fantasy that anything is better than being part of the worlds 5th richest economy. 

Yes. That sums up your British Nationalist chums, leading us right over the cliff by a fat turd with a posh accent and Union Jack flags. Why aren’t they listening to you as you tell them it’s costly and damaging? Could it be because they know loyalists are too cringing and servile to do other than follow,  no matter where the path leads?

6 minutes ago, Antlion said:

Yes. That sums up your British Nationalist chums, leading us right over the cliff by a fat turd with a posh accent and Union Jack flags. Why aren’t they listening to you as you tell them it’s costly and damaging? Could it be because they know loyalists are too cringing and servile to do other than follow,  no matter where the path leads?

And I'm supposed to be the "knuckle dragger". Honestly what is it with Nationalists and people with "posh accents". Why the hatred of people with an education? Do you think i have Boris Johnston's mobile number? Do you think I'd want to speak to him? Do you think he'd take my call? "Hey Boris, it's wee Malky fae Glasgow". 

You're arguments have gotten more and more ridiculous as the hours have passed. I suggest that you go for a wee lie down and perhaps you can come back when you aren't being so silly. 

1 minute ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

No more of a lie than the SNP white paper being "fully costed" with inflated oil revenue forecasts. Politicians lie. It's the gullible fools that believe their nonsense that I'd worry about. 

Half truths and fibs is exactly what you are operating on. Jeez, you just blamed the HMRC for the Scottish Government decision to raise taxes and it not bringing in as much money as was forecast! Can you hear yourself? Imagine how you would have reacted had the same thing happened at Westminster. 
HMRC's forecast and the UK didn't raise as much in income tax as they expected. You can spin that if you want but that's the truth of it.

2 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Don't you lot get it ? You're too wee, too poor and too stupid to run your own affairs. 

Shut the f**k up and eat your cereal.

To be fair I think that the Unionists who do think like that would be quite correct based on the level of discourse on these pages. Some of the childish nonsense going on from Nationalists on here is quite laughable. 

No more of a lie than the SNP white paper being "fully costed" with inflated oil revenue forecasts. Politicians lie. It's the gullible fools that believe their nonsense that I'd worry about. 
Jesus. The oil revenue forecasts were based on oil industry figures and were not inflated. If you have evidence that anybody knew any better then provide it. There is absolutely no reason to debate with someone who deliberately and wilfully refuses to accept any evidence that contradicts their blinkered point of view.

5 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:
56 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

HMRC's forecast and the UK didn't raise as much in income tax as they expected. You can spin that if you want but that's the truth of it.

Eh? 

The decision to raise income tax in Scotland was taken by the Scottish Government. it's a devolved matter. 

6 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:
15 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

Jesus. The oil revenue forecasts were based on oil industry figures and were not inflated. If you have evidence that anybody knew any better then provide it. There is absolutely no reason to debate with someone who deliberately and wilfully refuses to accept any evidence that contradicts their blinkered point of view.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/mar/04/snp-exaggerate-oil-revenues - IFS warning! 

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/463110/Experts-claim-SNP-have-got-sums-wrong-on-oil-revenue - OBR and Oil Experts Warning.

https://www.energyvoice.com/oilandgas/63883/warning-independence-oil-revenue/ - Sir Ian Woods warning! 

That's just the top three that appeared in my google search. 

Edited by Malky3

24 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

To be fair I think that the Unionists who do think like that would be quite correct based on the level of discourse on these pages. Some of the childish nonsense going on from Nationalists on here is quite laughable. 

Personally, I'm unsure why you think your pish poor concern trolling deserves anything other than 'childish nonsense' in return.

Swing and a miss champ.