When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

36 minutes ago, This time Perthshirebell said:

Classic anti-Scottish measures.  

1.  You were annoyed the SNP raised top end I.T 
2,  You falsely claimed less tax was collected.  
3.   You are now annoyed because more tax was collected.   

Can you please at least try and make a sensible case for the cold dead union?   

1. Yes I was. 

2. No I didn't. I linked to an article which showed a fiscal gap and summarised the points. At no point did I say less tax was collected than before the Income Tax rise. 

3. No, I'm still annoyed that because of the SNP I have to pay more Income Tax than my colleagues who live South of the Border. Most normal people resent paying more tax but it seems in Scotland some really stupid people have dressed the tax increase up in Tartan and made it a source of National pride, even though the tax take hasn't proven to be enough for the SNP to follow through on their pledge to increase personal allowances. 

I'm slightly worried about you Perthshirebell. You seem to be struggling with your sanity. 

33 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:
59 minutes ago, Malky3 said:
I've proved, categorically, that the SNP knew the figures were inflated going into the Independence Referendum of 2014 yet still they went into every debate armed with a copy of the White Paper telling everyone it was "fully costed". It was a blatant lie. 

Pish. The figures were accurate at the time they were written as I've already patiently explained to you. That noted unionists attempted to rubbish them months later does not change that fact.

Seriously, how stupid are you? 

The figures were NEVER accurate. We know that now cause we've seen the collapse in the oil price that happened almost immediately after the 2014 referendum. As I have shown the SNP were told many times over that their figures were wrong and yet still they went through the Referendum clutching their White Paper, banging on about how fully costed it all was. That was a patent lie and Alex Salmond was well aware it was a lie cause Sir Ian Wood and a whole load of other experts that he had hired in at the time were telling him the figures were wrong. Alex Salmond didn't even have the defence of ignorance. Before he took up lying for a living, he was a fucking oil economist for the RBS. Yep, the same RBS he cheered on to their catastrophic takeover of ABN Amro. 

23 minutes ago, This time Perthshirebell said:

Rest assured uber-nationalists like Malky3 took this to heart.   

It's like any other poll. A margin of error of 3% either way means that potentially very little has changed. 

So what you are saying is that everyone in Scotland should gamble all they've got on an ideological leap of faith that might see us without a trade deal with our biggest and second biggest customer base. You want us to put everything we own, our livelihoods, and the lifelong prospects of our children and grandchildren on Nicola Sturgeon to sort our future. 
Well done on at least being honest, but nah. It's still a No from me. 
The union is the biggest gamble now.

The figures were NEVER accurate. We know that now cause we've seen the collapse in the oil price that happened almost immediately after the 2014 referendum. As I have shown the SNP were told many times over that their figures were wrong and yet still they went through the Referendum clutching their White Paper, banging on about how fully costed it all was. That was a patent lie and Alex Salmond was well aware it was a lie cause Sir Ian Wood and a whole load of other experts that he had hired in at the time were telling him the figures were wrong. Alex Salmond didn't even have the defence of ignorance. Before he took up lying for a living, he was a fucking oil economist for the RBS. Yep, the same RBS he cheered on to their catastrophic takeover of ABN Amro. 
Pish. The figures for oil revenue were projections from the industry itself, not Alex Salmond. If you're going to troll at least don't be so fucking dim as to claim that the SNP should have known about the oil price collapse two years before it happened.

1 hour ago, Baxter Parp said:
1 hour ago, Malky3 said:

Pish. The figures for oil revenue were projections from the industry itself, not Alex Salmond. If you're going to troll at least don't be so fucking dim as to claim that the SNP should have known about the oil price collapse two years before it happened.

Do you know what? I was going to try one last time but it's honestly futile. You either aren't reading what I am saying, or you are too stupid to grasp it. Sadly I think that is true of many nationalists - at least on these pages. Too embedded within the cult to realise how poor your case is. I pity you. Honestly I really do. 

1 hour ago, Cerberus said:

Big Malky utterly shiteing here.

Another few years and we’ll be jettisoning the UK and all you’ll be left with is a commemorative William and Kate decorative plate.

Wee Malky, if you don't mind. 

2 hours ago, JamieThomas said:

Was it in the white paper that the SNP will be the only government independent Scotland has in perpetuity, because if not it's one of the most fucking facile stances to base your tediousness on tbh

Hardly. The people were being sold Independence on the basis that "we could afford everything we currently have, and we'd be richer thanks to these fabulous oil revenue figures". We know now that the difference between what Scotland spent and what it raised in tax revenue was around £13Bn - £14Bn every year since 2014.  Any party taking power after that referendum would have had to put in place austerity on a scale that would have made Greece wince - never mind the kid on austerity that we have in the UK. To put the scale into context this year the entire budget for the NHS and Sport comes to £14.307Bn. 

What would you have cut JamieThomas? 

Edited by Malky3

Hardly. The people were being sold Independence on the basis that "we could afford everything we currently have, and we'd be richer thanks to these fabulous oil revenue figures". We know now that the difference between what Scotland spent and what it raised in tax revenue was around £13Bn - £14Bn every year since 2014.  Any party taking power after that referendum would have had to put in place austerity on a scale that would have made Greece wince - never mind the kid on austerity that we have in the UK. To put the scale into context this year the entire budget for the NHS and Sport comes to £14.307Bn. 
That's the difference between the amount the ONS guesses we raised and the amount the UK government says they spent on our behalf. It's guesswork, half-truths and deceit designed by Ian Lang to combat the case for independence. But you knew that anyway, I suppose.

7 hours ago, Malky3 said:

You seem to be becoming rather abusive.

8 hours ago, Malky3 said:

I'm a troll - please feed me.

Etc, etc. Can we stop feeding this oxygen thief?

4 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:
6 hours ago, Malky3 said:

That's the difference between the amount the ONS guesses we raised and the amount the UK government says they spent on our behalf. It's guesswork, half-truths and deceit designed by Ian Lang to combat the case for independence. But you knew that anyway, I suppose.

So this is "guesswork" but the oil revenue figures in the White Paper were accurate? 😂