When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

17 minutes ago, PB4U said:

I'd rather as a proponent of Scottish independence, I'd prefer we had leaders at the helm of the Conservatives, and Labour parties that support Scotland's right to choose.    

Obviously you'd prefer otherwise.    Fairly basic stuff. 

55 minutes ago, PB4U said:

I'd rather as a proponent of Scottish independence, I'd prefer we had leaders at the helm of the Conservatives, and Labour parties that support Scotland's right to choose.    

Obviously you'd prefer otherwise.    Fairly basic stuff. 

David Cameron gave people the right to choose and Nicola Sturgeon and the SNP have been seeking a way to ignore and overturn the results of BOTH referendums ever since. I know where the democratic deficit really is. 

6 hours ago, Malky3 said:

David Cameron gave people the right to choose and Nicola Sturgeon and the SNP have been seeking a way to ignore and overturn the results of BOTH referendums ever since. I know where the democratic deficit really is. 

In a "Union of Equals" between two countries, one voted to brexit one overwhelmingly did not. Now one country is getting dragged out against the will of the majority of it's citizens, that is a democratic deficiency right there. 

In a "Union of Equals" between two countries, one voted to brexit one overwhelmingly did not. Now one country is getting dragged out against the will of the majority of it's citizens, that is a democratic deficiency right there. 

I mean, England has far more people than Scotland so it’s natural that it would have proportionally more influence.

It’s exactly the same reason why Glasgow has more say in the Scottish Parliament than Orkney.

Correct

I disagree. I think it depends on what exactly is being proposed and simply presuming that if you sit back and let it drag through the courts that people will bother to take notice is just as risky as any form of direct action.

The specific event that I think demands some sort of confrontation is the Climate Conference in November as it’s in Glasgow and it’s held under the auspices of the UK government. If the Yes movement and/ or the SNP can’t make a big deal out of the UK hosting a conference on climate given its lackadaisical attitude to the impending climate crisis then I’m not sure what the point of any of this energy or enthusiasm is.

21 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Sorry if this offends anyone, but a headline from the Daily Express online.

C1AF5A27-691D-4A52-A2DA-EC5CDB310DCB.thumb.png.73b964f3ae10b49103ecdffe5fa074a0.pngThe article goes on to explain that this is based on a prediction from George Galloway!!!!!!!!!!

Lol.... They've always loved Gorgeous George!

C1AF5A27-691D-4A52-A2DA-EC5CDB310DCB.thumb.png.73b964f3ae10b49103ecdffe5fa074a0.pngThe article goes on to explain that this is based on a prediction from George Galloway!!!!!!!!!!

No idea where it went so wrong politically for a bloke from Dundee. Complete rocket.

3 hours ago, dirty dingus said:

In this Union of Equals, every qualifying person had one vote in both referendums. The results went the way they did. However the Scottish Nationalists can't handle it when, within the Union, the rest of the us don't see things their way. Bad losers, bad citizens and really bad democrats. I'd never trust my kids future with them. 

Just now, Malky3 said:

In this Union of Equals, every qualifying person had one vote in both referendums. The results went the way they did. However the Scottish Nationalists can't handle it when, within the Union, the rest of the us don't see things their way. Bad losers, bad citizens and really bad democrats. I'd never trust my kids future with them. 

You and your aliases aren't an us.  Here is Mhairi to get you telt.

They’re pure click bait and advertising revenue these days. I would be amazed if their online stuff wasn’t written by an algorithm these days.

21 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

Scottish Government could hold indyref2 WITHOUT Johnson's permission

https://www.thenational.scot/news/18166514.scottish-government-hold-indyref2-without-pms-permission/?ref=twtrec

A QC speaks.

^^^Let's pay someone to tell us what we want to hear

7 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

^^^Let's pay someone to tell us what we want to hear

Exactly. If they paid me £40k I'd come up with a statement that said there was good arguments for, but that if they did it would be challenged in court. What a waste of £40,000! 

If the nationalist movement want to pursue this further then there are going to be a lot of rich lawyers taking money off "poor Scots" who would have been better donating money to charity. 

Edited by Malky3

36 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

Can't beat a bit of Mhairi Black to make most of Scotland cringe. 

In full windmill mode today I see. 

Did you watch it, she is talking about the EU 27 all countries of differnt sizes and populations but how any one could reject the brexit deal and all will support the country rejecting the deal. So an equal union not like the UK which is a Union in name only but morer a colony with its colonial masters to the south.

3 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

Exactly. If they paid me £40k I'd come up with a statement that said there was good arguments for, but that if they did it would be challenged in court. What a waste of £40,000! 

Aye but it was a QC so he must be right...

1 minute ago, dirty dingus said:

Did you watch it, she is talking about the EU 27 all countries of differnt sizes and populations but how any one could reject the brexit deal and all will support the country rejecting the deal. So an equal union not like the UK which is a Union in name only but morer a colony with its colonial masters to the south.

Anyone who regards Scotland as a colony of England deserves to spend the rest of his days hand-washing my XXL boxer shorts.