When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, MixuFixit said:

plenty of people voted for the tories to their own personal benefit and probably feel bad about how the tories treat the least able to defend themselves, 

Am I supposed to feel sorry for them or hope they die a horrible death a horrible death in a rat infested bedsit?

38 minutes ago, sjc said:

The banks have used the capital to buy back their stock thus artificially inflating their value. People thinking that the economy is booming, nay, doing well just because the FTSE/NASDAQ is going up obviously don't realise it's based purely on QE, which turns out to be public debt!

The whole solution in 2008 was to kick the problem down the road and hope that it cleared itself up or someone came up with an actual solution in the meantime. As it stands, if there was another economic downturn, more people would actually be in a poorer position to deal with it than they were in 2008.

24 minutes ago, Ross. said:

The whole solution in 2008 was to kick the problem down the road and hope that it cleared itself up or someone came up with an actual solution in the meantime. As it stands, if there was another economic downturn, more people would actually be in a poorer position to deal with it than they were in 2008.

The 2008 rescue package was designed by the banks themselves, safe in the knowledge that the Politicians would get the public to bail them out. They'd have been better off paying everyones mortgage off to refinance the banks. Like you say, they've just kicked the can down the road.

Interest rates are already hovering around 2% - zero, and are even negative in some Countries. QE is the only stimulus they have available when the next crash comes. I saw that car loan delinquencies in the US has hit 8% (something similar to housing delinquencies just before the 2008 crash). Student loan delinquencies are at 11%! It's a matter of time.

I presume this proposed new trespass legislation will not apply in Scotland.

Unless Westminster overrules the Scottish parliament, that is.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/jan/15/tresspass-trap-law-land-travelling-people-rights

Edited by cyderspaceman

17 hours ago, Malky3 said:

Let's try this another way. The SNP claim that there was a fundamental change in the offering from the Union with regard to the EU. But lets say the SNP had succeeded in 2014 in winning a Yes vote on the back of this White Paper. Would they be keen to allow Unionists a second referendum on the back of the realisation that the Oil Tax Revenue figures were a pile of shite, that arguments that Scotland would have everything we were used to but a lower tax rate was fantasist shite, and that the prospect of an open border with England - as promised - was going to be denied to us as England left the EU and we remained (like Ireland) 

They wouldn't be able to stop it, if we assume that your fantasy scenario would lead to the Scottish electorate voting for a party or parties with a manifesto commitment to holding said referendum.

Unless you're suggesting a 'Yes' vote would have led to an SNP dictatorship, but I'm fairly confident that wasn't in the White Paper you're so fond of quoting.

13 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

The Natters on here are banging on about non-Scots, assault rifles and the Scottish Republican Army.  Add to the mix that their party of shame had a photo op with the political wing of the  IRA last week.  

It's as clear as my varifocals can be that Scottish Nationalism has taken a very ugly turn.

There has certainly been a very dangerous ramping up of rhetoric that has been going on since before the General Election. 

It's not as if I would ever have voted for the SNP anyway, but the growing number of  Nationalists who insist on going down this more extremist route are only going to further entrench opinions against Scottish Independence. After all how the hell could I vote for Scottish Independence when a proportion of their number believe I, as a Tory voter, should be hunted out of my country as a traitor. 

There has certainly been a very dangerous ramping up of rhetoric that has been going on since before the General Election. 
It's not as if I would ever have voted for the SNP anyway, but the growing number of  Nationalists who insist on going down this more extremist route are only going to further entrench opinions against Scottish Independence. After all how the hell could I vote for Scottish Independence when a proportion of their number believe I, as a Tory voter, should be hunted out of my country as a traitor. 
No one believes that you melt.
Regardless of your political sway it's your BritNat posting which should banish you from these lands

8 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Where do I sign up for this Scottish Republican Army?

😂

Serious question.  If people feel they are denied their democratic rights is it beyond believe that some will feel justified in taking direct action?

10 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Serious question.  If people feel they are denied their democratic rights is it beyond believe that some will feel justified in taking direct action?

No. Unless there was a real denial of democracy. We still haven't reached that imo because there's still not a consistent and clear majority in favour of independence in any polls or elections AFAIK. Scraping just over 50% occasionally isn't good enough.

Hopefully Bojo's tactics and Brexit reality will increase support for independence but at the moment it's still too evenly divided.

Not sure if you were being serious.

The 2008 rescue package was designed by the banks themselves, safe in the knowledge that the Politicians would get the public to bail them out. They'd have been better off paying everyones mortgage off to refinance the banks. Like you say, they've just kicked the can down the road.
Interest rates are already hovering around 2% - zero, and are even negative in some Countries. QE is the only stimulus they have available when the next crash comes. I saw that car loan delinquencies in the US has hit 8% (something similar to housing delinquencies just before the 2008 crash). Student loan delinquencies are at 11%! It's a matter of time.

No I’m sure the people hoarding more and more of that wealth will start spending it soon.

1 minute ago, NotThePars said:

No I’m sure the people hoarding more and more of that wealth will start spending it soon.

Not sure if this is a whoosh, but even as a capitalist (not a corporate capitalist/hegemonist(sp)), I don't believe in trickle down economics....... especially from the 1%!

38 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

You could direct the volunteers from your retirement flat in Lanzarote.

37 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I'd like to see non-violent demonstrations outside Number 10 - maybe on a similar scale to the climate change protesters, and hopefully causing some major disruption in and around that area.

As Nicola asked this morning : Who should get to take a decision on this issue - the people of Scotland or Boris fucking Johnson?