When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Eh?  Are they allowed to raise and kill beef, lamb and pork or is killing those beasts also an obscenity?  Because that accounts, weight for weight, at least 99% of the slaughter on most sporting estates.

I have to agree with you here Kincardine over a number of your posts on this subject. 

The irony of the views of the likes of Sophia is that without the kind of wildlife management that is performed by estate owners and their game keepers we'd have less bio diversity with all sorts of species being driven to extinction with the uncontrolled, and even encouraged, growth in numbers of their natural predators. 

Why are you driven to do "damage" with your vote? 
Personally I like to use my vote to elect or to vote for the option that I believe will create more opportunities and more wealth. Yet here you seem to be indicating that you like to use your vote to distroy opportunities and to hit us all in the pocket. 

I was replying to your alias who was making out that the UK has hunners a hands in negotiations with the EU but tiny little, insignificant Scotland, with a 3rd of the land area of the UK has none in negotiations with the UK government [emoji23]

I voted yes to bring power back to Edinburgh and actually try and change things, not in the short term but in the long term. All I know is that another 50 years of English Tory government won't be good for anywhere north of Hull let alone Scotland.

Any economic hit taken by the UK after independence will be entirely down to how much they want to be cnuts in the negotiations. I have a sneaky suspicion both sides will do absolutely everything in their power to not spook the markets. That's why there would have been a short term currency union, agreements on assets and debt, Faslane and the rest.

Even though this was obvious in 2014 and is even more obvious now it still won't stop thick unionists screaming that every minutae of a post independent Scotlands blueprint should be signed and sealed even before there's anybody even stepped in a room to have a cup of coffee never mind negotiate.

1 hour ago, Stinky Bone said:

2019  General Election:  80% SNP mp's at westminster

1918 General Election:  73% Sinn Fein mp's at westminster =  Ireland Independent. 

Just UDI, we don't need a mandate.  

Another anti democracy Nationalist. 🙄

2 hours ago, AUFC90 said:

I was replying to your alias who was making out that the UK has hunners a hands in negotiations with the EU but tiny little, insignificant Scotland, with a 3rd of the land area of the UK has none in negotiations with the UK government emoji23.png

I voted yes to bring power back to Edinburgh and actually try and change things, not in the short term but in the long term. All I know is that another 50 years of English Tory government won't be good for anywhere north of Hull let alone Scotland.

Any economic hit taken by the UK after independence will be entirely down to how much they want to be cnuts in the negotiations. I have a sneaky suspicion both sides will do absolutely everything in their power to not spook the markets. That's why there would have been a short term currency union, agreements on assets and debt, Faslane and the rest.

Even though this was obvious in 2014 and is even more obvious now it still won't stop thick unionists screaming that every minutae of a post independent Scotlands blueprint should be signed and sealed even before there's anybody even stepped in a room to have a cup of coffee never mind negotiate.

Ach well, you wasted your vote. 

The SNP have failed to stop Boris, failed to stop Brexit, failed to land an Indy Ref 2, failed to build safe new hospitals, failed to manage the Scottish economy, failed to pay more in welfare, taxed Scots more than their English counterparts, failed to agree a design on some ferries with the net result of expensive rework at the cost to the Scottish taxpayer, and failed to maintain high standards in Scottish Education. And all this despite benefiting from a large contribution from the areas in the UK that are run in surplus through the Barnett Formula that has meant they have been able to spend considerably more than the country raises in tax revenues. 

If your vote wasn't an attempt to damage and destroy you fucked it up. You made the most empty headed choice you could possibly have made and you've backed a bunch of losers - and they aren't even good at that. 

Is a "mild" brexiter even possible?  I don't think it can be.  A brexiter is a brexiter.

That’s like saying “Brexit means Brexit”

It’s technically true but it’s also bollocks

I’m beginning to think you might not make a great prime minister after all

A terrific turnout on a wintry January day in Inverness for our Freedom March, well done to the thousands who attended from all over Scotland and a Thank You to the front leaders, Ian Blackford, Drew Hendry, John Finnie and Lesley Riddoch who regaled us at the end with rousing spirited speeches, to see the ordinary folk of our country, some in wheelchairs, give so much to the cause is humbling and makes me proud to be a Nationalist.

Alba saor in aisce
Edited by SandyCromarty

28 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

A terrific turnout on a wintry January day in Inverness for our Freedom March, well done to the thousands who attended from all over Scotland and a Thank You to the front leaders, Ian Blackford, Drew Hendry, John Finnie and Lesley Riddoch who regaled us at the end with rousing spirited speeches, to see the ordinary folk of our country, some in wheelchairs, give so much to the cause is humbling and makes me proud to be a Nationalist.

Alba saor in aisce

Hearing a load of noise from Bught Park, is it still going on?

35 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Alba saor in aisce

Gutted that I couldn't make it up there for this event.

Catriona Shearer must have devoted all of 2 sentences to this in her 6.30pm Scottish News bulletin.

Pathetic.

Edited by ICTJohnboy

2019  General Election:  80% SNP mp's at westminster
1918 General Election:  73% Sinn Fein mp's at westminster =  Ireland Independent. 
Just UDI, we don't need a mandate.  

Technically Sinn Fein won 93.3% of the MPS in what would become the free state. Which is almost as high as the SNP in 2015

Ach well, you wasted your vote. 
The SNP have failed to stop Boris, failed to stop Brexit, failed to land an Indy Ref 2, failed to build safe new hospitals, failed to manage the Scottish economy, failed to pay more in welfare, taxed Scots more than their English counterparts, failed to agree a design on some ferries with the net result of expensive rework at the cost to the Scottish taxpayer, and failed to maintain high standards in Scottish Education. And all this despite benefiting from a large contribution from the areas in the UK that are run in surplus through the Barnett Formula that has meant they have been able to spend considerably more than the country raises in tax revenues. 
If your vote wasn't an attempt to damage and destroy you fucked it up. You made the most empty headed choice you could possibly have made and you've backed a bunch of losers - and they aren't even good at that. 
They failed to stop Boris because we get whatever the English vote for. That is completely out of all our hands.

How can you be happy with a Government Scotland hasn't voted in for several decades.

21 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

They failed to stop Boris because we get whatever the English vote for. That is completely out of all our hands.

How can you be happy with a Government Scotland hasn't voted in for several decades.

The SNP vowed to stop Boris if Scotland voted for them. Scotland knew the SNP couldn't win the election and yet 46% of those who voted wasted their vote on them. The SNP since December have failed to deliver on any of their pledges. How can anyone who voted for them be happy with their deception? In essence those who voted SNP are complicit in Boris Johnson winning the General Election. 

Edited by Malky3

2 hours ago, Blinky said:

Voting for the SNP doesn’t mean you want independence. Jesus wept.

Remember to post something similar next time Manky says that all Scottish Labour voters support remaining part of the UK.

You wouldn't want to be accused of being two-faced. 

2 hours ago, Blinky said:

Really cute watching the Natty McNatFaces get their hopes up. There’s two problems though.

1. Boris won’t grant you indyref2
2. Scotland would vote no anyway

Did the EU grant the UK permission to hold a referendum? Of course not, but David Cameron just went ahead with it in an attempt to halt disaffected Tories jumping ship to join UKIP.

The longer it takes Boris to grant Scotland Indyref2, the more likely they are to vote Yes.

Also from a previous post of yours :

"The public voted for the SNP, not indyref2"

Really? The SNP stood on a manifesto to ask for a second Indyref. They won a substantial mandate for this.

In the event that 1) happened, the Scottish electorate could simply vote them out of power if they had a disagreement with referenda every 6 months. It certainly isn't Westminster's right to decide that.
I am not agreeing with the use of the word "generation" or "lifetime". Business certainly needs stability after the last 6 or 7 years though. We'll have to wait and see what happens with the USA on trade but I don't trust a President who is clearly mentally ill.

It's my personal opinion it would be best to wait 5, 10 years or so.

On the other hand, I also think if a majority wants it they should get it because it's not up to me. An arbitrary timeline doesn't take into account events.

I think the contempt shown for the right to decide is a terrible mistake by the unionist side over the long term. It doesn't win anyone over to their side and keeps the fire burning of the argument.

1 minute ago, Blinky said:

SNP is not independence. Were SNP not in power in Scotland in 2014?

Scotland was told in 2014 if they wanted to remain in the EU they would need to vote to remain in the Union.

"SNP is not independence." You really need to ask yourself what S.N.P. stands for.