William Hill Scottish Cup 2015-16 - Big Thread

I'll never understand the attitude of Junior side fans. Constantly moaning about part-time senior sides having "no ambition" then saying they have no interest in joining the senior ranks. Surely thats the exact same thing?

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope.

How so? The juniors is an absolutely tiny pond with nowhere to go, join the seniors and try and do a Caley/County and in a couple of decades you could be making Europe and winning Scottish Cups. Just stinks of being absolutely terrified to leave your safety ground and dressing that up as some form of moral victory to mask the stench of fear.

Would rather we earned our money tan sit with a begging bowl.

Free money is hardly the reason for getting the oh so important beggars licence.

I'll unsurprisingly take issue with you. If you're suggesting that Linlithgow Rose don't or haven't earned their money you're even dafter than I'd given credit for.

Our set up is a model for how any club at our level should aspire to operate. We have earned our way from almost going to the wall many moons ago and developed off the pitch and on it through the efforts of volunteers over generations. Your club must be quietly shaking its head at the embarrassment of being indirectly linked to some of the rubbish you come out with.

We earned our place in the 3rd round yesterday with an excellent second half performance on the pitch.

I'll unsurprisingly take issue with you. If you're suggesting that Linlithgow Rose don't or haven't earned their money you're even dafter than I'd given credit for.

Our set up is a model for how any club at our level should aspire to operate. We have earned our way from almost going to the wall many moons ago and developed off the pitch and on it through the efforts of volunteers over generations. Your club must be quietly shaking its head at the embarrassment of being indirectly linked to some of the rubbish you come out with.

We earned our place in the 3rd round yesterday with an excellent second half performance on the pitch.

Are you seriously suggesting LL clubs get no handouts from SFA?

How do BSC survive as a senior team otherwise?

... because they're part of huge clubs running numerous teams for boys girls and adults across different age levels. This generates funding from within the club and external support and sponsorship from outside... Both BSCG and Cumbernauld only obtained their SFA memberships and licenses in the summer - they're unlikely to have received a penny yet as SFA solidarity payments come at the season's end and before Christmas.

Junior Luddite getting repeated 'telts' from all sides.

Pleasing viewing.

In English please?

I just happen to love football and earning my own money.

Much better than being a senior club with a begging bowl.

Archived