William Hill Scottish Cup 2015-16 - Big Thread

Agree with Dunning - Wick away would be awesome. Was actually looking at train times last night, would have to go up to Inverness on the Friday night, train to Wick on Saturday morning and back to Inverness on Sunday :lol:

Train conductor was telling me people that go all the way to wick end up stranded pretty often and Scotrail often have to put taxis on for them. We were taxi'ed all the way from Aberdeen to Brora on Saturday because 1 train ran 5 minutes late that morning. Shambles.

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolute garbage that the draw is taking place on Thursday morning. It should be on the Saturday evening straight after the matches or Monday afternoon at the latest. Instead, we get to have the League Cup quarter-finals take all the attention this week and the draw will drift aimlessly by for almost everyone. No ideas about how to promote the game.

As for the draw itself, any of the non-league sides away would be grand. Early trip to Hampden would be nice too as I've never seen the Pars play Queen's Park there and it's one of five league teams left to tick off my list.

Either Wick, or punting the final junior side out would be the ideal scenario.

Have you improved any since your horsing at Spartans? Morton would suit me - preferably at Greenock. A wee day out, a few quid for the club and a right good chance of progressing and meeting a decent side in the 4th round.

I'm in two minds. Would be great to get a good away day as this is likely as far as we will go. On the other hand a kind draw at home raises the possibility of making the 4th round with the tantalising prospect of getting a match with Hearts. Home or away would be fantastic for that.

I agree that from my perspective as a fan it's better being able to watch the draw but does it draw any extra money? Are people more likely to go to a game if it gets pulled out a hat on a Saturday night at half five versus Thursday at 10am? Maybe the sponsors want that time for some daft reason.

Wick away terrifies and intrigues me at the same time. The buses up to Dingwall from Falkirk used to be completely insane so I can't imagine Wick. Someone would possibly die.

Linlithgow Rose away would probably be my preference.

I agree that from my perspective as a fan it's better being able to watch the draw but does it draw any extra money? Are people more likely to go to a game if it gets pulled out a hat on a Saturday night at half five versus Thursday at 10am? Maybe the sponsors want that time for some daft reason.

Wick away terrifies and intrigues me at the same time. The buses up to Dingwall from Falkirk used to be completely insane so I can't imagine Wick. Someone would possibly die.

Linlithgow Rose away would probably be my preference.

Wick are very changeable at the moment, Deveronvale pumped them the other week with 5 17 year olds in the team, and Vale have been awful this season. Just saying that Nairn, a ten minute train ride from Inverness, is a distinct possibility. That would be my favoured draw, for obvious reasons.

Archived