The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

On ‎25‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 13:08, shull said:

Media reporting that Celtic have checked into an Airport. 

Also a Celtic player won't be checking in as he has an injured thumb. 

Meanwhile there are a stack of Scottish Matches getting played on Tuesday and Wednesday which, on the whole, are getting ignored. 

I hope Leigh recovers from his head knock

22 hours ago, Ken Fitlike said:

The Sun's financial page

1469458694074.jpg

Scottish football journalism in a nutshell.

The fact that they won't change their sycaphonic ways towards the OF despite being shown their arse in the Rangers liquidation fall out just tells you it will never change.

Not necessarily a piece of journalism but was amazed at the Rangers press conference yesterday, after MW confirmed the van persie rumours were absolute nonsense, was asked:

Is this proof that rangers being back in the top flight is a big draw for players?

I could rant about this but I can't be arsed, fucking hell.

Not necessarily a piece of journalism but was amazed at the Rangers press conference yesterday, after MW confirmed the van persie rumours were absolute nonsense, was asked:

Is this proof that rangers being back in the top flight is a big draw for players?

I could rant about this but I can't be arsed, fucking hell.

Absolutely this, Sky ran the clip on Twitter. Warburton spends a minute and a half basically laughing at the idea then some poor sod, presumably on instruction from his editor, pipes up with "aren't there positives to be taken from this though?"

It's a totally made up story m8, even Warburton is pishing himself at the idea people were taking it seriously. Positives? Fucking hell man.

To be fair to Warburton, he seems to acknowledge the absolutely fucking ludicrous questions he has to face on a daily basis from the Scottish press.  And he rightly, laughs at these Rangers supporting journalists when they ask these questions with deadly seriousness.

Hibs: Ofir Marciano and Liam Henderson wanted by Neil Lennon

_60193978_brian1.jpg

By Brian McLauchlin

BBC Scotland

Ofir Marciano in action for IsraelOfir Marciano has 10 caps for Israel

Hibernian manager Neil Lennon has confirmed that he is hoping to sign Israel goalkeeper Ofir Marciano and Celtic midfielder Liam Henderson.

The Scottish Championship club are in talks with 26-year-old Marciano, who was recently with Royal Mouscron in the Belgian Pro League.

Henderson spent last season on loan with Hibs from the Scottish champions.

"We have made an inquiry and we are no further than that really," Lennon said of the 20-year-old.

Henderson made 48 appearances for the Edinburgh side having had previous loan spells with Hearts and Rosenborg.

The Scotland Under-21 midfielder returned to Celtic and, although he featured in pre-season friendlies, he has not made any competitive appearances under new manager Brendan Rodgers in their Champions League qualifiers.

"He is a fine young player," Lennon told BBC Scotland. "Obviously Brendan will still be assessing his squad, so we'll wait and see if there's anything going to come of that.

Wrong Liam Henderson, Brian.

The Daily Record "Power Ranked" all signings by Premiership clubs here.

Their criteria: 

"You get five points for every signing and then each new player is graded from 1-10. You are also awarded an extra 10 points for every star signing. It’s then totalled up and finally ranked in a league table."

Bizarre system weighted in favour of clubs who have signed the most players (Rangers) and also including 10 points for a "star signing" which, surprisingly enough, only 2 clubs have managed to acquire. Funnily enough, this "star signing" rating has elevated Celtic into 2nd place, ahead of Aberdeen. 

Best of all, since Killie have signed so many players they were all given ratings of 2/3/4 out of 10 in order to keep them low enough down in the table :lol:

Absolute drivel from the Record, as should be expected. 

9 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Their criteria: 

"You get five points for every signing and then each new player is graded from 1-10. You are also awarded an extra 10 points for every star signing. It’s then totalled up and finally ranked in a league table."

Bizarre system weighted in favour of clubs who have signed the most players (Rangers) and also including 10 points for a "star signing" which, surprisingly enough, only 2 clubs have managed to acquire. Funnily enough, this "star signing" rating has elevated Celtic into 2nd place, ahead of Aberdeen. 

Best of all, since Killie have signed so many players they were all given ratings of 2/3/4 out of 10 in order to keep them low enough down in the table :lol:

:lol: Fucking hell.

They'd as well have just said 'Rangers are the only team that matters, and I think about James Tavernier when I come inside my wife.'

17 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Their criteria: 

omk44.jpg

That webpage makes me embarrassed for journalism as a concept.