The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37317980

" *Below are findings for 23 teams - the 20 Premier League teams plus Aberdeen, Celtic and Rangers - the other nine Scottish Premiership clubs were omitted because of the small sample size of team selections. We've got general findings, and then at least one stat for every team."

"Small sample size from team selections." Oh, where to begin.

Edited by Nightmare

22 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

To add to John Hartson's "18,000 at Fir Park" statement, I'd assume he was thinking about Kilmarnock. Which is probably worse than not knowing how much Motherwell's stadium can hold.

John Hartson is an incredibly stupid man. I'm amazed how much air time he gets on a variety of shows and stations.

4 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

It's like that "state of Scottish football finances" survey last month, when it turned-out they only got replies from 3 or 5 Premiership clubs or whatever it was.

Was there not a team about 2 or 3 months ago that was rumoured on the back of the papers to be going bust within a couple of days? 

Surprisingly it seems to have turned out to be a lot of shite.

1 hour ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

John Hartson is an incredibly stupid man. I'm amazed how much air time he gets on a variety of shows and stations.

If isn't Wales, West Ham, Celtic or kicking Eyal Berkovic in the head, Hartson hasn't a clue about anything.

On 07/09/2016 at 13:11, oneteaminglasgow said:

"How much German football do we all see?" :lol::lol::lol:

Just been blocked by Hartson on Twitter cause I replied to Derek Rae after he said how good it was to see a young Scottish internationalist play in the Bundesliga and hoped it would encourage even more people to watch it with "Maybe @JohnHartson10 will tune in".

Someone mentioned it earlier but the BBC no longer doing match reports for League Two sides is a fucking joke. A full week spunking money on 15 different folk to talk about one game, and they can't even get someone to write down the score and scorers for those games

Barry Ferguson talking about how the Barton bust-up could be a good thing: http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/opinion/sport/joey-barton-bust-up-could-8850738

Former Old Firm players really are incapable of saying anything negative about their clubs aren't they? I await the day aliens invade Ibrox and Bazza declares it a "proud day" for the club as they chose Rangers over Celtic.

EDIT: Derek Johnstone at it too: http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/14749100.Derek_Johnstone__Why_the_Joey_Barton_and_Andy_Halliday_bust_up_is_good_for_Rangers/

Edited by Stu

Also the hospitality at our clubs has just been voted as one of the best four in the UK, and will compete against Arsenal, Liverpool and Man City for the award of the best.

Surely thats worthy of some form of media recognition? Instead of the BBC making videos showing "Bartons Rangers moments"?

Also the hospitality at our clubs has just been voted as one of the best four in the UK, and will compete against Arsenal, Liverpool and Man City for the award of the best.

Surely thats worthy of some form of media recognition? Instead of the BBC making videos showing "Bartons Rangers moments"?

I had to double take when I saw this on the bbc website.

Other than getting absolutely binned at rugby park has he done anything noteworthy at Rangers yet? I haven't watched it but I am curious as to what 'moments' they have cobbled together.

Its easy to forget Barry Ferguson actually manages a club in the Scottish leagues. Can you imagine what he'd be saying before a Rangers v Clyde match?

Clyde regularly took the Deadco boaby - including letting a bunch of clapped out 'Rangers legends' play in Clyde shirts against Deadco's first team for an exhibition match - so I doubt anyone would notice much difference now.

A truly horrible little club.

Barry Ferguson seems genuinely proud of the fact he helped le guen get the sack for wanting his players to be athletes and not fat alcoholics.

Listened to sport sound the other night and they were talking about Rodgers impact at Celtic.

Derek Ferguson the genius commented that Brendan probably 'let's them put ketchup on their chips', unlike deila. That was his only contribution.

Yeah that's it Derek, Celtic have broken the bank to bring in a manager that allows ketchup in the canteen. FFS.

13 minutes ago, StandFree03 said:

Barry Ferguson seems genuinely proud of the fact he helped le guen get the sack for wanting his players to be athletes and not fat alcoholics.

That's because he's a massive, massive, fuckin bellend :lol: 

I had to double take when I saw this on the bbc website.

Other than getting absolutely binned at rugby park has he done anything noteworthy at Rangers yet? I haven't watched it but I am curious as to what 'moments' they have cobbled together.

To be fair, it includes: him getting pegged by Ali Crawford, him having a shot saved, being "absolutely binned at Rugby Park" and losing a drop ball to Scott Brown. It's actually quite funny, and it shows how pish he's been. It is an absolute waste of time for them to cobble together, though.