The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

12 hours ago, Ric said:

You are not wrong, and it definitely goes along with my initial post, the only thing with Lennon is I'd say he's got decades worth of connection with Scottish Football whereas Jota, for example, was here for a couple of seasons, and choose to be a weak individual, f**k over human rights, and support religious hate all so he could get some extra cash. Why the f**k are we still reading shit about this piece of trash human being?

I hadn't until YOU tagged it in. Chill out man. You really seemed to have lost it here.  😕 

23 hours ago, gannonball said:

Ooft a bit of a heads gone from nowhere here, bit ironic really...

You mean like Saudi, who literally beheads people who don't follow strict, bigoted and hateful religious rules? You even check yourself with the claim of irony.

Obviously your echo chamber sanctity would be threatened by accepting this fact, until then you can put in pithy responses to randoms on an Internet board I'm sure you'll be rewarded by "God" for such subservience.

10 hours ago, Spring Onion said:

I hadn't until YOU tagged it in. Chill out man. You really seemed to have lost it here.  😕 

This is a message to both of you.. If you two wish to be sock puppets for religious hate, you go ahead, don't expect other people to do so.

This isn't unknown, this isn't unreported, this is something that some people are actively choosing to ignore because it doesn't directly affect them.. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-64338876 ..while giving the "well, they are going to earn a lot of money". Reacting to me, rather than those who actively support such a hate regime, certainly shows the depths of both your characters.

On 23/11/2023 at 10:18, VincentGuerin said:

And I strongly believe that Celtic as a club would benefit from winning a bit less. Their fans would probably enjoy fitba more if they won a bit less as well. 

I totally agree with the central point of your post.

I disagree on the bit quoted above though.  This is precisely how OF fans like their football.

On 22/11/2023 at 22:22, johnnydun said:

Didn't know where to put this, so here will do.

Boo fuckin' hoo.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67500713

None of this explains why even when Celtic do drop to their level of the Europa League they do much much worse than similar sized clubs such as, I dunno, Rangers. 

1 hour ago, KirkieRR said:

Money gaps only matter in Europe, though.

In domestic fitba, if wee diddy teams with nae money get regularly horsed by the Evil Twins, it's their own fault and they deserve it.

They need to want it more.

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I totally agree with the central point of your post.

I disagree on the bit quoted above though.  This is precisely how OF fans like their football.

You are probably right. But it would be nice if they realised they are victims of the current football climate as we are. We’ve all been cheated out of a true sport, they just feel like beneficiaries because of their annual flag day. 

Not fitba, but...

Bruce Mouat's Scotland rink win the Euro Curling final in aberdeen. It was actually live on the BBC Scotland channel. Bur at 17.35, the latest report on the website was from the semi.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/winter-sports/67497345

Of course, by the Winter Olympics, BBC UK will be all over Scotland's curlers like a rash as they have to dress up as TEAMGEEBEE.

All but the top tier playing in this afternoon’s Scottish Cup ties. The only “coverage” the BBC sees fit to give them is posting the half-time and full-time scores in amongst the Premiership updates. No highlights package from Our National Broadcaster either, as far as I know.

Piss poor compared to how much coverage the early rounds of the FA Cup get.

56 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

All but the top tier playing in this afternoon’s Scottish Cup ties. The only “coverage” the BBC sees fit to give them is posting the half-time and full-time scores in amongst the Premiership updates. No highlights package from Our National Broadcaster either, as far as I know.

Piss poor compared to how much coverage the early rounds of the FA Cup get.

right now, the Football page on the BBC Scotland website doesn't once mention today's Cup games.  If you look hard, you'll find a reference to last night's but nothing at all on today's many ties, some of them notable.

58 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

right now, the Football page on the BBC Scotland website doesn't once mention today's Cup games.  If you look hard, you'll find a reference to last night's but nothing at all on today's many ties, some of them notable.

I’m sure it’s mostly to do with funding but the perception they create in Scotland is that they’re doing us a favour by broadcasting any Scottish football at all. 

Whereas the English game (men and women) they are really trying to promote with the fa cup etc. 

52 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I’m sure it’s mostly to do with funding but the perception they create in Scotland is that they’re doing us a favour by broadcasting any Scottish football at all. 

BBC show Championship games almost every week; 1 tie in Scottish Cup from R1 and 2 from R4; SPFL1 games every few weeks + Challenge Cup + playoffs on Alba; and womens games almost every week.

Website is quite erratic/OF-centric granted.

Radio is real area of complaint: this season they've, noticeably, almost given up mentioning SPFL1 down and phenomenon's bled into Scottish Cup too.

Edited by HibeeJibee