The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

There's some hilarious stuff in the weekly sun football pullout. Richard Gough saying that he is in America a lot and loads of people come up to him and ask why the biggest team isn't in the top league :lol: what utter lies :lol:

He then goes on to say that it wouldn't happen in America and its the reason that Celtic were beaten from Molde :lol:

Then, everyone's favourite "edgy" Celtic fan Davie Provan claims that everyone wants Celtic to lose because they're not "the establishment club" :lol: :lol:

I know it's the sun but it's quite ridiculous.

Davie Provan.

Still a bitter c**t toward us after all these years cos AFC "took" his winners medals

Provan is an absolute seething shambles of a man.

Totally consumed with bitterness and hatred. He's paid a fortune to travel the world and watch football but he hates his life.

Sad old man.

Edited by Hammer Jag

Gough is a joke. He'd say anything if it would get him money for a bottle of White Cider.

Craig Whyte (Hero) was correct. No one outside Scotland cares about Rangers.

Gough is still bitter he never got the Falkirk job.

(those of a certain age and Craig Brown know what I mean)

.@celticfc score 4 goals away from home in league for 2nd time under Deila. Read here https://t.co/SbQjNnXNu2 https://t.co/eLQ6HqWIbZ

Not sir if this is journalism or just pandering.

Saints have scored 4 & 5 away from home this season so it's hardly noteworthy.

That was me who wrote that. I have to provide five stats per weekend; two from the Premiership and one from each of the three lower divisions. The stats have to be positive rather than negative in order to encourage interaction from the clubs' fans. Usually there's plenty of interesting stuff happens in the Premiership, and it's League 2 that I struggle with, but this weekend was a particularly dull one. Nobody thrashed anyone, nobody scored a hat-trick, and there aren't any teams with a long winning streak or unbeaten record.

The best thing I could find was that one about Deila. I think it's at least slightly interesting that they've only scored 4+ goals away from home twice under Deila, and both have come at the same ground. That sort of thing wouldn't usually make the cut, but there wasn't an obvious alternative (to me, at least). There's absolutely no pressure to write about Celtic (or anyone else), but that was the pick of a very weak bunch for the second Premiership stat this weekend.