The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

1 minute ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

I take it you’ve not been keeping up with the flood of lies and excrement emanating on a regular basis from the Jabba / Jackson / Rectum / Sun / BBC Glasgow pipeline over the piece. ?

Oh, it's not even came close to where it'll end up.

Guest Moomintroll
Some journalist on Sky News reporting from Bergamo came out with this Pulitzer Prizewinning Gem
‘ it appears that with this virus you either survive or you die’

[emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]
To be fair to that journalist, the leader of the most powerful Country on the Planet is telling us that people that have never died before are dying because of it. They would also in all probability do a better job of it than that frightwigged buffoon is doing

To be fair to that journalist, the leader of the most powerful Country on the Planet is telling us that people that have never died before are dying because of it. They would also in all probability do a better job of it than that frightwigged buffoon is doing

Didn’t hear Trump but even by his standards that is moronic

The headline story on today’s BBC Scotland’s Gossip section is that Celtic season ticket holders will be compensated for any missing matches from this season but Rangers ones won’t be. A new statement from each club? No, somebody has gone through the “terms and conditions” of each clubs season tickets and discovered this info. I don’t care what is in the t’s & c’s of Aberdeen’s season tickets, I’m not wanting nor expecting any compensation, to help out the club. 

The headline story on today’s BBC Scotland’s Gossip section is that Celtic season ticket holders will be compensated for any missing matches from this season but Rangers ones won’t be. A new statement from each club? No, somebody has gone through the “terms and conditions” of each clubs season tickets and discovered this info. I don’t care what is in the t’s & c’s of Aberdeen’s season tickets, I’m not wanting nor expecting any compensation, to help out the club. 

The tit for tat must go on, it’s the lifeblood of Scottish football.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

I demand compensation for the complete lack of Football at Tynecastle from August to Feb. Happy enough to pay for March and April, which has come as a big improvement.

• 2 weeks later...

The headline story on the BBC Scotland Football website is around Celtic and Rangers playing in half empty grounds next season because of social distancing. I went into the story that they are using from the Scottish Sun and had to check that it hadn’t been printed on April 1st. I know that the Sun is shockingly bad, but this a new low for them. The story suggests that when football comes back, and if social distancing is still in place, fans will have to sit 2 metres apart so capacities will be, according to the story, halved. Whoever wrote this story has obviously not actually sat down and worked out the logistics of this happening. Every fan in every stadium would require a 2 metre exclusion zone all around them, not just in their row of seats. And if this guy thinks that the authorities are going to allow a gathering of people when social distancing is in place to happen, he is in cloud cuckooland. This must have been written by a ten year old with a great imagination.

"Any attempt to finish the season with a significant amount of games still to play, impacts upon the integrity of sport in Scotland."

A journalist repeated this gem without comment. As usual no prizes for guessing the club holding this completely unironic view.

I wonder how Chris McLaughlin feels (Or even knows) about inspiring a thread of being bad at your profession that's now reached 386 pages? (Mobile version).

14 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

"Any attempt to finish the season with a significant amount of games still to play, impacts upon the integrity of sport in Scotland."

A journalist repeated this gem without comment. As usual no prizes for guessing the club holding this completely unironic view.

That's a tricky one Sarge, just as well we've all got plenty of time on our hands to try to figure it out.