The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

The England team winning it is bad enough, but Southgate's managerial masterclass in the final was to bring on 2 guys with a minute to go who both missed their penalities!
Sycophantic shite.
Ahaha. I'd forgotten that, what a complete idiot. I was hoping that both missed just purely because of that.

5 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

The England team winning it is bad enough, but Southgate's managerial masterclass in the final was to bring on 2 guys with a minute to go who both missed their penalities!

Sycophantic shite.

I can’t really see the problem. 

If Scotland got to a major final I'd be annoyed if they didn't win team of the year.

10 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

*waves in St Johnstone*

We didn't even get nominated for an achievement unlikely to be matched in most folks lifetime.

Sports Personality of the Year has been England-centric for a long, long, time.

Probably only about 20% of the voters were aware of St Johnstone's existence, never mind the cup double.

Always a laugh when Scottish football crops up on shows like Pointless.

2 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Probably only about 20% of the voters were aware of St Johnstone's existence, never mind the cup double.

THE Chase's Shaun Wallace has been branded "ignorant" by fans for not knowing Kilmarnock was a Scottish town.

Viewers of the ITV game show were left stunned when the Dark Destroyer wrongly selected Raith Rovers as the football team named after the town it plays in.

A HAPLESS quiz show guest was ribbed online after he guessed ST MIRREN was the name of a Scottish city.

Contestant Rhys was asked on ITV hit Tenable to name 10 cities in Scotland and Wales that start with a consonant

It's hardly surprising that those south of the border don't know much about football in Scotland when fans of our two largest supported clubs, along with our football authorities, think it only exists in a narrow corridor between Celtic Park and Ibrox. The English are still entirely oblivious to the death of Rangers in 2012, such is their lack of interest in Scottish football, allied to the creative reporting of events and rewriting of history by our trusty stenographers shortly after the event.   

9 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

I suspect if Forfar won the cup double they wouldn't get nominated either.
Did Celtic get any nominations in any of their quadruple treble years? I'm guessing not.
Scottish football is an irrelevance to those that draft the nominees.

Celtic were nominated for Team of the Year I'm sure in 2017, for their invincibles season. They didn't win, and if I'm not mistaken that was the same night we ended their unbeaten run by scudding them 4-0. Most pleasing.

Celtic were nominated for Team of the Year I'm sure in 2017, for their invincibles season. They didn't win, and if I'm not mistaken that was the same night we ended their unbeaten run by scudding them 4-0. Most pleasing.

Cheers.

I really don't follow any award shows tbh, truly awful viewing as far as my tastes go.

39 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

Cheers.

I really don't follow any award shows tbh, truly awful viewing as far as my tastes go.

Aye, can't say I've actually ever watched it myself. I just recall the ribbing they took on social media that evening.

2 hours ago, BFTD said:

Even when they are aware(ish) it's not always correct. Mind on Eggheids that world-quiz-champion Kevin expanding on a "Who managed Scotland at the World Cup" question/answer confidently explained that SAF left Aberdeen to take over following the death of Jock Stein. Close.

Haven't watch SPOTY since the penny dropped during my teens. Dire and self congratulatory anglo-centric mince. And Gary Lineker now, too.

Tom English has had an absolute nightmare on twitter this afternoon with this:

https://twitter.com/TEnglishSport/status/1473307233232506894?s=20

Only cretinous sycophants actually agreeing with him. Get him to f**k back to rugby coverage where his only audfience will be half a dozen jug-eared Tobys on a farm in the Borders.

Edited by Ivo den Bieman

Tome English has had an absolute nightmare on twitter this afternoon with this:

https://twitter.com/TEnglishSport/status/1473307233232506894?s=20

Only cretinous sycophants actually agreeing with him. Get him to f**k back to rugby coverage where his only audfience will be half a dozen jug-eared Tobys on a farm in the Borders.
Completely out of touch with the lower leagues.

Completely out of touch with the lower leagues.

From what I remember there weren’t that many midweek games in the championship so theoretically taking a few weeks off now and coming back on a Saturday and Wednesday schedule could be an option

I’m not saying it’s the right option and it’s less likely to be popular with the real part time end of the game but it’s not without it’s merits either

From what I remember there weren’t that many midweek games in the championship so theoretically taking a few weeks off now and coming back on a Saturday and Wednesday schedule could be an option

I’m not saying it’s the right option and it’s less likely to be popular with the real part time end of the game but it’s not without it’s merits either
Purely from my perspective I'd rather be at a game on a Saturday at 3pm than 7:45 pm midweek.