The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

Tom English now telling us Ange is funny, quick witted and a magician.

Are you a magician if you have the biggest budget ?

Tom is on a Ange campaign lately. He's also said good bye to Scott Brown about 4 times recently, when he left Celtic, when he left Aberdeen, where he retired from playing, when he had his last shit.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61420310

Apparently Ange is a magician who has caused a seismic shift in Celtic's fortunes. Ffs.

This whole Ange w**k-off is hilarious.

A real seismic shift for the team who have won 9 out the last 10 titles and have the biggest budget to win the league 🙈.

Get Russell Crowe on the blower, there's an epic story being told here that Hollywood is going to love.

Tom English’s lack of objectivity is frankly hilarious. He gets hard at either of the Old Firm winning any trophy as if it’s some kind of miracle.

Postecoglu had to get Celtic to be better than 1 team on the planet and he managed it, yet he’s seen as some kind of wizard.

23 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Celtic winning the league for the 10th time in 11 seasons might just be the greatest underdog story in the history of sport.

How did they do it?

They just want it more.

47 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Celtic winning the league for the 10th time in 11 seasons might just be the greatest underdog story in the history of sport.

How did they do it?

At least this year they won essentially a 2 team league. For most of those years it wasn’t even that. 

11 hours ago, Luddite said:

And yet you’ve just spent this morning trawling through every single one of my posts and pressing the little red boo-boo face dislikey button!  Just couldn’t help yourself, could you?  Love it!

Guess it was all about me Ricky-boy! 😁

And that’s even after I gave you multiple green smiley face likey-likey things….so you have to know I don’t give a shit! 
Festering away all through the night in your head, wasn’t I ? 😘

200w.gif

Got back in the car after last nights game at McD and Tom English was giving his opinions from Tannadice on the radio.

It was one of those long warbling speeches where he doesn’t really know what he’s trying to say, he just makes up some inane pish as he goes along but in such a way that even when he’s not sure what to say next he manages to make enough noise to not let anyone else jump in.

Luckily Richard Gordon managed to interrupt as they had an interview lined up elsewhere. 

English is a pompous p***k who brings no original insight or analysis to anything. Just another old firm sycophant that we get stuck with in our media. 

8 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

How did they do it?

Read all about it on the BBC website - 9 out of the first 12 stories on page 1 are about it.

14 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

images.jpeg

Someone unfair I'd have to say to label both of us. Only one person on this thread was trolling about jokes of women being raped. I make absolutely no apology for pointing that out.

I'll not continue replying to that fucking idiot on this thread, but if people are somehow annoyed that I did so, seriously go f**k yourselves. The problem here is not that I am somehow boring others, the problem is that others haven't shown the same level of disdain for the p***k.

Edited by Ric

8 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Got back in the car after last nights game at McD and Tom English was giving his opinions from Tannadice on the radio.

The problem with English is that the BBC seem to have the same inflated opinion of his ability as he does. He also seems to think that he is a neutral in some way, like coming from abroad he can rise above the partisan bullshit of the OF, however we've seen over the years he just becomes another entrenched, "jobs for the boys", type.

His screwing the pooch surrounding Hearts really should have put the death knell on the fanny, but no.. frustratingly not.

Is he the worst journalist in Scotland.. heh, no, not by a long chalk, but it is disappointing how much the BBC rely on him.

Edited by Ric

You have to wonder what sports 'journalists' in Scotland are frightened of when it comes to telling truth to and about the Old Firm.  The hysterical over praise given to Postegoclu and Celtic for merely achieving what their vast financial advantage should make a shoo-in is just the latest in a never ending parade of bigot testicle tickling. Remind us, Mr English, exactly how many European tournaments Celtic got papped out of this season ? Where was the magic wand of Ange in those cases ?

37 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

Remind us, Mr English, exactly how many European tournaments Celtic got papped out of this season ?

You must remember, they are at a massive financial disadvantage....................

2 hours ago, kennie makevin said:

You have to wonder what sports 'journalists' in Scotland are frightened of when it comes to telling truth to and about the Old Firm. 

Have you not followed the petulant throwing of toys out of the Rangers pram when a BBC employee said something truthful?

It's a duopoly, unable to be changed, and the press know they have to kowtow to them in order to get any access. Access that is needed because a core of their readership/viewers are interested in only those two clubs.