The Unionists are diminishing,

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even MSPs are seething at Gaelic

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1441093745.033547.jpg

Jackson Carlaw is a dribbling moron.

He lifted the picture from a seething pro Unionist Facebook group called "Smash the SNP".

ivVB6i7H_normal.jpg Mark McDonald 9h
Hi @JacksonMSP, wondering what your source for this is? I'm sure you properly researched it rather than blindly share some questionable tosh

The snp are the first to moan when money is wasted on stupid things and not used to help people who really need it.maybe they should practice what they preach millions on gaelic signs very helpfull.

The signs make more sense than most of the garbage you post on here .

The snp are the first to moan when money is wasted on stupid things and not used to help people who really need it.maybe they should practice what they preach millions on gaelic signs very helpfull.

Very helpful to fellow scots who speak Gaelic I would imagine.

Anyways, a good wee article from bella about Gaelic roadsigns

http://bellacaledonia.org.uk/2015/09/01/hurtling-backwards/

"The reality is that Gaelic is on roadsigns because the UK govt signed the EU charter on minority & regional languages"

Still doesn't explain why Britnats are openly hostile to Gaelic

Dont think britnats are Hostile to gaelic to be honest thats just you having a cheap shot.

How many of those discuss Road signs?

The discussion is doesn't cost anything extra?

Are you against Gaelic roadsigns?

After all shouldn't fellow tax paying scots own language be represented?

So, the bi-lingual road signage comes at no additional cost as it is replaced as normal when the time comes.

I can only assume that Carlaw and his Proud Scot chums are really annoyed that it points to a history for Scotland prior to 1707. Not shared "British" history. A seperate Scottish Gael culture that was a big, big part of Scottish history prior to the Union and indeed after. If it was up to them it would be consigned to the annals and flung on the fire. The fact that the signage gives a nod to Scottish, or more correctly Gaelic individuality sticks in their craw.

But still, let's not let culture and history get in the way of proper history. Y'know, WW2 and Waterloo and all that shite hammered out again this year.

http://www.debatingeurope.eu/2015/08/31/language-rights/#.VeXBxvVwZoM

There are more than 60 indigenous, regional or minority languages officially recognised in the European Union. These are not dead languages either; together they are spoken regularly by roughly 40 million people. Yet just because minority languages are spoken today does not mean that they can survive without support.

Another 59 languages for the Brit Bats to get upset about once they finishing wetting themselves over Gaelic signs.

Poileas Alba.

Hilarious - both the anger at the Gaelic language, and how some people seem to struggle to understand what those words mean.

And for Jackson Carlaw seemingly retweeting from a site that has pics of Salmond dressed as Hitler.

:lol:

Get a grip, you can't fit more on text on them without increasing the size. Unless they make the text smaller and harder to read. Stop being obtuse.

And the wait for evidence continues, Plus i'd like a breakdown of the extra costs please, You know I've got a suspicion road signs are not just a one off order when needing replaced but probably a contract to supply them

You do understand it comes out the same budget, They don't have a special separate Gaelic road sign budget, But the really question is, why are you so hostile to fellow tax paying Scots having their language on the road signs? don't we all live together after all.

Funnily enough I'm still waiting on you to answer my original question. I never stated there was a separate budget, if you can show me where I do that would be appreciated.

I'd also appreciate you telling me where I am so hostile.

Already answered m8

No idea why you're being so hostile about having English and Gaelic on road signs, since its now been established it makes no difference to the cost.

Archived