The Unionists are diminishing,

Its weird as hell. Remember the night after the referendum. A ton of marches, parades and protests in advance by the Yes side, 0 arrests. Then we had the "celebration" in George square...

It's because Unionists are backed up by the press. They're allowed and encouraged to paint independence supporters in the worst possible light.

The truth of the matter is that Britnats are FAR more vitriolic online and some of this bile has transcended to physical attacks.

If the press reported things in a balanced way, Yes/ independence supporters would seem positively angelic in comparison.

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Goodness me, the seething nationalists are out in force today. Confi and XBL :lol:

I do understand it. It must be so frustrating to see support for independence remain so static in the polls even after an SNP landslide. If I was a nationalist, I'd be seething too.

It's because Unionists are backed up by the press. They're allowed and encouraged to paint independence supporters in the worst possible light.

The truth of the matter is that Britnats are FAR more vitriolic online and some of this bile has transcended to physical attacks.

If the press reported things in a balanced way, Yes/ independence supporters would seem positively angelic in comparison.

And of course, its partly no voters believing the press blindly, and part malicious dishonesty. Presumably its why calling a 20 year old girl "a slut" is said by a "respected unionist voice".

They either need to open their eyes, or stop with the lying. They disgust me.

...or maybe they need run through with a bayonet?

If I was a nationalist, I'd be seething too.

You are, and you are. Youre a bigger nationalist than anyone on the Yes side. And boy are you seething.

I on the other hand, am angry. Angry that someone as worthless as you exists. A pathetic North Brit.

Goodness me, the seething nationalists are out in force today. Confi and XBL :lol:

I do understand it. It must be so frustrating to see support for independence remain so static in the polls even after an SNP landslide. If I was a nationalist, I'd be seething too.

Yeah it's not easy Lex.

60% support, a succesful Scottish Gov and the only credible opposition in Westminster.

Times are tough for the only show in town.

Lex. Putting the independence debate aside, how do you think the 56 SNP mps are performing at Westminster?

And of course, its partly no voters believing the press blindly, and part malicious dishonesty. Presumably its why calling a 20 year old girl "a slut" is said by a "respected unionist voice".

They either need to open their eyes, or stop with the lying. They disgust me.

...or maybe they need run through with a bayonet?

Shall we talk about your sexist posts then?

Lex. Putting the independence debate aside, how do you think the 56 SNP mps are performing at Westminster?

Difficult to tell - if they put the PR stunts to one side then we might actually know.

That seems to be getting more publicity than anything else - I suppose it is just symptomatic of the times we live in.

Shall we talk about your sexist posts then?

Is this how we excuse "respected Unionist commentators"? I am a lunatic and known nutjob. I am not a "respected unionist commentator".

Very interesting isnt it. Not a word of criticism have you uttered of your brethren. Straight onto the attack!

Difficult to tell - if they put the PR stunts to one side then we might actually know.

That seems to be getting more publicity than anything else - I suppose it is just symptomatic of the times we live in.

Best watch you don't get done for plagiarising the Telegraph or the Daily Fail.

Stones and glass houses.

If he raises the issue of sexist abuse then he should be aware that his own record is not exactly immaculate.

What's your opinion of Prof Jill Stephenson calling Mhairi Black a slut then? Leaving aside all other issues.

Best watch you don't get done for plagiarising the Telegraph or the Daily Fail.

If anything it's a criticism of our press in general - focus on the trivia instead of the substance.

It was the same during the referendum with the focus on Murphy and his soapbox.

It's trivial pish of the first degree.

Stones and glass houses.

If he raises the issue of sexist abuse then he should be aware that his own record is not exactly immaculate.

Go ahead. Knock yourself out! See how it makes you look.

Jill Stephenson is an idiot.

She can't even get her Facebook settings right.

Not being on Facebook, I'm not sure what you mean.

Anyhoo, I believe we've made progress today. You've denounced a batshit mental Unionist, I've demonstrated I don't support every SNP policy.

:)

I hate the "soft" nos more than the hardline unionists. At least with the hardliners you know where you stand with them, they'll always vote no. The "I really wish I had voted yes" brigade boil my pish. If there ever was another ref they'd tell you again and again they'd vote yes and then shit the floor at the last minute and vote no. Cannot be trusted.

Unfortunately, the non-thinking soft nos are the ones who probably made the difference - there was one wifie in our place whose stated reason for eventually voting no was that in the event of independence she'd almost certainly have to move desk. They're the ones for whom things are going to have to get still worse before they rouse themselves from their Strictly and Sky Sports stupor. Thankfully, the Tories seem to be obliging on that score.

The hardline bigot type of no voters are a lost cause, so there's not much point wasting time considering them, while the older section of the population that voted no at a rate of 70-30-odd are gradually being replaced by a younger pool of voters who appear to be in the order of 70-30-odd yes. Demographically, it's just a waiting game.

Voting for your own interests is a perfectly valid way on which to base your vote. It's not something I would ever do, but I understand completely if someone wishes to do that and dribbling simpletons like Confi demonising people for that choice doesn't help the cause to be honest.

to be honest, the whole premise of a yes vote benefitting the less well off is deeply flawed.

Archived