The Unionists are diminishing,

to be honest, the whole premise of a yes vote benefitting the less well off is deeply flawed.

Really? Well we have pretty fucking solid evidence that a no vote is not benefitting the less well off.

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really? Well we have pretty fucking solid evidence that a no vote is not benefitting the less well off.

the union hasn't caused that the Tories have. It's an argument for a different voting system, not to have an independent country that may or may not introduce austerity measures anyway.

the union hasn't caused that the Tories have. It's an argument for a different voting system, not to have an independent country that may or may not introduce austerity measures anyway.

:lol:

So independence may or may not be worse, and thats independence, but the union is definitely worse, but thats not the union. Do you even realise how pathetic that sounds??? :lol:

:lol:

So independence may or may not be worse, and thats independence, but the union is definitely worse, but thats not the union. Do you even realise how pathetic that sounds??? :lol:

Its only pathetic if you genuinely think independence will rid Scotland of poverty, when it simply won't.

Its only pathetic if you genuinely think independence will rid Scotland of poverty, when it simply won't.

It won't. What it will do is give absolute control over our future destiny via Holyrood. Scottish people deciding what's best for Scotland, in Scotland.

Well we have concrete and solid evidence that the union is increasing poverty.

Not sure where to put this, but I see David Mundell was chased out of Dumfries today, an area that massively voted no, and also voted Tory?

Where does the 70-30 youth support for Yes figure come from? I've no doubt among the subculture I would say I'm a part of it's overwhelmingly Yes voting but there are a hell of a lot of young working class or lower middle tories who moan about "dole scum" or whatever. I would say at a push it's about 60-40 if we're rounding up in 10s though.

Not sure where to put this, but I see David Mundell was chased out of Dumfries today, an area that massively voted no, and also voted Tory?

Mundell's support surely doesn't come from the town of Dumfries?

Where does the 70-30 youth support for Yes figure come from? I've no doubt among the subculture I would say I'm a part of it's overwhelmingly Yes voting but there are a hell of a lot of young working class or lower middle tories who moan about "dole scum" or whatever. I would say at a push it's about 60-40 if we're rounding up in 10s though.

The Ashcroft report, specifically in relation to the 16-17 olds enfranchised for the first time in the referendum. Oddly, there then follows a slight edge to No among the 18-24 year olds before a return to a 60-40 split in favour of Yes for 25-34 year olds.

The Ashcroft report, specifically in relation to the 16-17 olds enfranchised for the first time in the referendum. Oddly, there then follows a slight edge to No among the 18-24 year olds before a return to a 60-40 split in favour of Yes for 25-34 year olds.

Weren't the numbers surveyed by Ashcroft for that group quite small?

Weren't the numbers surveyed by Ashcroft for that group quite small?

There were two big polls done after the referendum. I think the 16-17 group was very small in the Ashcroft one. I've hunted for them before, I think the other was YouGov. Between then I'm sure they more or less backed up what Hillonearth says and I think the YouGov one at least was pretty big (maybe 3,000 overall). Although, the 16-17 samples are always going to have the highest margins of error because they're by far the smallest group of people.

I'm not sure if rUK students made a big difference overall. Certainly in localised areas, I'm sure they boosted the No vote hugely in the younger age ranges. Probably a decent shout for why the 18-24 group was more No than the other younger ranges.

I'm not surprised the late 20s/early 30s group was the most pro-Yes. That's my age group and Yes won it massively among people I know that age.

It was slightly surprising that Yes was sneaking ahead or at least keeping level all the way up to 55. Hugely encouraging.

I'm not sure a few folk out of an electorate of 60000 can be indicative of anything tbh.

I don't think I've ever come across a single person who voted No and regretted it. Then again, my age demographic was predominately Yes and I come from an area that voted Yes so I never really came across a great deal of them.

Archived