Stenhousemuir v Raith Rovers - Petrofac 2nd Round

Just realised how easy it is to get to this from Glasgow via the train to Larbert so shall definitely head along. I had a look on the League 1 Away Fan Giude but there was nothing for Stenhousemuir. Any kind individual able to inform me of what is the best place to get a pint pre-game? Cheers in advance!

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just realised how easy it is to get to this from Glasgow via the train to Larbert so shall definitely head along. I had a look on the League 1 Away Fan Giude but there was nothing for Stenhousemuir. Any kind individual able to inform me of what is the best place to get a pint pre-game? Cheers in advance!

http://www.stenhousemuirfc.com/fans/wee-bar/

The Ochilview Bar next to the ground is also a good spot. The wee bar, as good as it is, is just that - wee.

The centre of Stenny is two minutes walk from the ground, and the Plough Hotel is fine for a beer. The Crown is not bad either.

15 minute walk tops from the station to the ground.

It is right next to the stadium - as you turn into Tryst Road, Gladstone Road and the ground is on your right. Pass that, walk another 100 yards past houses to a grass opening. Turn right and the bar is there. You can actually see the pitch from inside!

The bar there used to be the Warriors Social Club years ago, and at one time was affiliated to the club IIRC. It then was independent from SFC, closed but reopened under new owners a while back. Only ever been in a couple of times before a Pars match but was absolutely fine.

Off the pubs listed above, which do food? As I'm going to be driving straight from work in Edinburgh.

Cheers in advance.

The Plough does food.

Good point made above RE the soup at Ochilview though.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll aim this a Lambert Par as it seems the Stenny boys are either avoiding this or haven't got any internet access??

Q, Whats the best place locally for a pint of real beer (not the fizzy stuff but the mature cloudy stuff wi did rats an bits of Cats in it!) ?

I'll aim this a Lambert Par as it seems the Stenny boys are either avoiding this or haven't got any internet access??

Q, Whats the best place locally for a pint of real beer (not the fizzy stuff but the mature cloudy stuff wi did rats an bits of Cats in it!) ?

The Station Bar in Larbert is fairly highly thought of by the beardy CAMRA crowd.

Archived