Stenhousemuir v Raith Rovers - Petrofac 2nd Round

As for the game, I can't recall the last time we were so comfortable in victory. We played well, Raith were awful. Petrie at left back. Wow. Davidson in midfield. Mad.

Cook's goal was very good but he was outdone by the 2nd. Stirling's goal was outrageous. It's only the 2nd time I've seen us this season but we are a completely different proposition to last season. Early days but encouraging signs.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How was the soup

None, I am fucking gutted.

Should have had the bovril, best I've had in ages, it was more like oxtail soup to be honest, after finishing it I needed a nap, it felt like I'd just had a Sunday roast.

As has been said we were woeful but take nothing away from Stenny who battled hard all over the park and scored one very well worked goal and one wonderstrike. Good luck in the round Stenny!

Yup, finished 9 points off of bottom and scraped past Queens Park in the playoff final.

I would say it's only the challenge cup but then that would be belittling the best thing the Rovers have done recently, so I agree, a very worrying result, looking forward to seeing you next season :thumsup2

You can,t compare our current side to last seasons.Look at yourselves this season,a million miles from last year.

Straight red for violent conduct. Unless he appeals it, that would be a 3 match man would it not?

Violent conduct isn't a 3 match ban in Scotland, and never has been.

He'll be banned for 2 matches, 1 of which will be in the Challenge Cup.

Oh aye Ray McKinnon is toffee but really rated for some bizarre reason.

He won't see the season out. Bookmark this.

We gave Grant Murray 3 seasons, he most certainly will.

We have been awful in this tournament for as long as I can remember, I really will not lose any sleep over last night.

I don't think the new chairman is anywhere near as accommodating as Hutton was. What impact that has on the rest of the board, I don't know.

McKinnon does have to be given time though. We have made significant changes and we can't just expect things to click overnight. That doesn't excuse last night, but we do have to accept time is needed for things to bed in.

Violent conduct isn't a 3 match ban in Scotland, and never has been.

He'll be banned for 2 matches, 1 of which will be in the Challenge Cup.

This.

One match automatic immediate ban cross competition, one match in next season's Challenge Cup. So to nobody's surprise Wasps1 is wrong. He will miss Saturday.

Ok, apart from one season :lol:

We've made the semis once or twice too. Inverness humped us 4-0 in one and I think Dundee beat us in the other one, although that might have been a quarter final.

Archived