Stenhousemuir v Raith Rovers - Petrofac 2nd Round

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Station Bar in Larbert is fairly highly thought of by the beardy CAMRA crowd.

The owner is a dick but probably the only boozer you will get real ale.

Gilmours is a shout if you're in to heroin or ketamine.

I'll aim this a Lambert Par as it seems the Stenny boys are either avoiding this or haven't got any internet access??

Q, Whats the best place locally for a pint of real beer (not the fizzy stuff but the mature cloudy stuff wi did rats an bits of Cats in it!) ?

Aye, the Station Hotel in Larbert is your best bet for that - a good selection on offer and only about 15 minutes walk to Ochilview.

The pubs in Stenny will offer you mainly lager / Best or Guinness. Not packed with CAMRA style establishments, unfortunately!

Aye, the Station Hotel in Larbert is your best bet for that - a good selection on offer and only about 15 minutes walk to Ochilview.

The pubs in Stenny will offer you mainly lager / Best or Guinness. Not packed with CAMRA style establishments, unfortunately!

Don't worry about him, he's just being poncey, he would drink turps through a shitey cloth.

We've only ever had about half a dozen regular posters so depends how you define quite a few.

Hame in the Petrofac tae Raith isn't exactly a major buzz.

I can appreciate that. Obviously the big away game at Forfar, followed by the home clash with Cowden, will be the matches that have you lads captivated. One game at a time though.

Quite looking forward to this tonight. I was a big fan of Grant Anderson's when I was at Stenny so it'll be nice to see him back at Ochilview. I would obviously fancy Raith Rovers to win by a two-goal margin but this is the kind of match that's a "potential banana skin".

Like Neilly, it's hard to get excited about the match - Raith will probably win, and it's more important for us to get a good result against Forfar Athletic at the weekend. Still, should be good fun.

(Last time I saw us play Raith Rovers was a pre-season friendly in 2006 and Armand Oné beat goalkeeper Andy Carlin for pace, despite having a ten-yard disadvantage. Think on that.)

Will be missing this. £15 entry for the Challenge...sorry Petrofact Training cup is a bit steep. That plus an hours drive including the A895 after a day of work doesn't exactly make it appealing.

Hoping we can progress though and get the Pars in next round.

Aye, £15 in.

This is pretty crap. They've hit the bar with a volley from what looked like about 4 yards out. Got to be looking to get one of this midfield three off and put an actual striker on, dropping Wighton in one.

Shooting away from the terracing second half. Hopefully we get a goal early on otherwise this could be a long evening.

Yawn. We've had the better of the game, but Stenny could be 2-0 up. Grant Anderson continues to be offside at every available opportunity. Wighton started brightly but then faded out the game a little. He's very much playing as the sole striker. Matthews might not be a world beater, but he doesn't look out of place. Don't be surprised if we win it 1-0 with a goal from a set piece.

Archived