Pish Adverts

That horribly dubbed San Miguel advert.

I also hate every McDonalds advert, but this new one, #youknowitssummerwhen, is the worst yet. That awful fucking ditty in the background, the awful voiceover guy. They're an awful company that sell awful food and make even worse adverts.

Remember the McDonald's advert from a few years ago where they asked "How long will it take a plumber to earn enough to buy a double cheeseburger?" Cut to a two-second shot of a plumber sucking air in through his teeth, they way they do when they're about to tell you that you need every pipe in your house replaced.

I posted on a TV newsgroup that the reason they didn't ask the same question about an actual McDonald's employee was that the advert would be fifteen minutes long. And some b*****d copied it and sent it word-for-word into Private Eye and won a tenner.

Ruth Jones in the Tesco ad, I could kick her in the kipper all day long.

Ahhhhh, me too.

Eta: on a positive note, I really like that James Blunt lottery advert. Has me giggling away every time, especially the computer bit.

Edited by Hedgecutter

The new McDonalds advert is surely the nadir of getting breathy female types to whisper an uptempo song over a slowed down piano version of it. Rhythm of the Night ffs.

It even managed to beat the breathy, whispery cover of "I Only Wanna Be With You" on the dogs trust advert. There must be a huge industry of whispery Ellie Goulding wannabes covering songs purely for adverts.

The Fairy Liquid advert with the kid playing at Sherlock Holmes. He discovers pasta bake on the supposedly-washed dish; then after his mum switches to Fairy finds that the dish is perfectly clean and says, "Boring!" in the sort of voice that deserves getting the damn dish broken over his head.

Saw this car crash during half time of France v Ireland on STV this afternoon. 

James Martin attempting to feed the five thousand with two bags of shopping from Asda, after sunbathing fully clothed in his female neighbour's back garden (I'm joining the dots a little here). His acting throughout is just pitiful. I'm not even going to start on the 'cauliflower couscous'. 

There's an advert on Your Radio for Quicksale or something like that, which has a guy basically frothing and screaming into his mic. It's fucking infuriating.

"QUICKSALE! SOLD!"

f**k off.

I'm Davy Hutton, SOLD!!

I like that one too. He has a really undeserved reputation as a c*nt.

Thank f**k. I thought I was the only person who actually likes him and thinks he's funny.

He's got that reputation cos his music isn't great (which he happily admits to) and he plays to it wonderfully.

It even managed to beat the breathy, whispery cover of "I Only Wanna Be With You" on the dogs trust advert. There must be a huge industry of whispery Ellie Goulding wannabes covering songs purely for adverts.

This. The one for a game (can't remember what) that had a wheezy melancholy cover of 'Come as You Are' by Nirvana particularly enraged me.

As did Rhythm of the Night.

This. The one for a game (can't remember what) that had a wheezy melancholy cover of 'Come as You Are' by Nirvana particularly enraged me.

As did Rhythm of the Night.

Was for Quantam Break. Utter garbage cover. Can anyone remember where this trend started?

Was for Quantam Break. Utter garbage cover. Can anyone remember where this trend started?

I think it was Ellie Goulding doing 'Your Song' and the fact it was a massive hit.

John Lewis' Xmas ads, basically.

Edited by djchapsticks