Pish Adverts

There's some god awful radio adverts. The patronising as f**k army ones that have been coming on recently are worth a mention I reckon.

would agree with this in most cases, but there are always exceptions, the advert for Whittons that is on Radio Tay, is a work of genius

Coral's irritating cash out advert with the whistle. It seems to have been around for ages. I wish blowing a whistle at that calamity could make it stop.

All gambling adverts are aimed at morons who read Nuts magazine.

This is because they don't want clever people taking their money.

Vanarama also appeal to the halfwit demographic. I can only assume their service is fucking dreadful.

Most of the gambling adverts seem to make out that gambling daily, being that into it whilst utterly oblivious to what's going on around you, or sneaking off somewhere to place a bet, is good, sound behaviour.

Everyone on the gambling adverts is basically a fucked up addict.

The worst part of this thread is when someone says "That new <company> advert", and you've no idea which one they're talking about, despite realising later that you'd already seen and been annoyed by it yourself.

What the f**k is the point of a commercial if people remember that it was shite, but not which company/product it was for?

Any advert from the Scottish government. That modern apprentice advert also gets on my tits.

The most condescending "political" adverts have to be those join the army/navy ones. "I was made in the Royal Navy"? "Don't be the best I can be?" I'm sure one even makes the bizarre leap that "if you can fix a bike, you can fix a car."

Don't know if anybody's said this already, but...

Those daytime ads which in effect say "If you're watching TV at this time of the morning then you're probably a pensioner, which means you're likely to die soon. Is it really fair to land your loved ones with the cost of your funeral?" Thus scaring the old folk into paying money they can hardly afford every single month for the rest of their lives, otherwise they lose the lot