Pish Adverts

The Magnum advert where a guy approaches a woman at a rooftop bar, only to be frightened away after the strong independent woman summons a fucking Bald Eagle to her arm. Daftest and most irrelevant advert I've seen in quite some time.

Since that Pyjama Mamas ad was pointed out on here, I've noticed an increase in the number of messes who can't be bothered to wash and put on big girl clothes. Always wearing make-up, though, but that might be the previous day's residue.

Jammy tramps.

8 hours ago, Taxman said:

Any advert going on about over 50 life cover, the Michael Parkinson one is particularly irritating. Some people will do anything for a pen!!!

Makes you wonder what they'll be offering folk in forty years' time. Claudia Winkleman extolling the virtues of the free replica iPhone, despite the youngsters all having communication chips embedded into their tooth fillings by that point.

Haven't been on this thread in a while but I sincerely hope you've all torn into the Weetabix advert done in the style of David and Goliath, where the wee p***k goes "fee fi fo fix, I've just 'ad my Weetabix." The wee c**t has single-handedly convinced me to never buy Weetabix ever again.

19 hours ago, Taxman said:

Any advert going on about over 50 life cover, the Michael Parkinson one is particularly irritating. Some people will do anything for a pen!!!

Absolutely this. The hidden message is, "If you're watching TV at this time of day you're probably a pensioner, which means you're going to die soon."

As for the Parkinson one, he starts off by saying, "People keep asking me which was my favourite interview." Well if you actually answered the question instead of changing the subject to funeral costs they wouldn't keep asking! When Parkie's contract is up I can see them employing somebody else, like that lassie from Bake-Off. "People ask me what my favourite cake is. And I ask them, 'What kind of cakes would you like at your funeral?'"

Why are all the people on life insurance adverts non-smokers? (Because they have the lowest premiums, so it's more attractive to people thinking about doing it.) I'd like to see one with a jaikie who says he's on forty fags and a bottle of Buckfast a day, and see what quote he gets.

It's not an individual advert as such, but I've recently been watching a few shows on Universal Channel (mostly Law & Order: SVU) and at every single ad break they play the same trailers and adverts every bloody time. I can now recite the entire ad break off the top of my head, and the fact that it always starts with a minute long trailer for their Eddie Murphy season is just the grim icing on that particularly nasty cake. I long for a Parky over-50s insurance ad just to mix it up a bit.

KFC have a billboard near my house that says, "THE CHICKEN, THE WHOLE CHICKEN AND NOTHING BUT THE CHICKEN".

Is that really the message they want to put across? The whole chicken, presumably including beaks and claws and eyes?

Any adverts with talking animals. I mean, why? The worst one is the credit score one, with the dog following his owner everywhere "ok, I come too" while wearing crocs on his front paws. Cringe.

Edited by IainMorton

On ‎22‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 09:47, GordonD said:

Absolutely this. The hidden message is, "If you're watching TV at this time of day you're probably a pensioner, which means you're going to die soon."

As for the Parkinson one, he starts off by saying, "People keep asking me which was my favourite interview." Well if you actually answered the question instead of changing the subject to funeral costs they wouldn't keep asking! When Parkie's contract is up I can see them employing somebody else, like that lassie from Bake-Off. "People ask me what my favourite cake is. And I ask them, 'What kind of cakes would you like at your funeral?'"

So can I get Emu to turn up at my funeral or not?