Pish Adverts

How many p***ks are Nationwide going to roll out reciting "poems" about how wholesome their bank is?

Was just coming on to vent my fury about that. They are fucking dreadful.

The other one that annoys me just now is the "rhyming teacher" for Windows 10. I'm cringing for the guy but at the same time want to smash his face in!

Good news and bad news on the advert front. The good news is that Tuesday is the deadline for PPI claims, so those annoying ads should disappear.

The bad news is they'll probably be replaced by something even more annoying, like more of those funeral plan things.

2 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

That advert, along with the Harvey Keitel and Martin Freeman ones, makes me think being in adverts is a lot more lucrative than I ever could have imagined.

Unless they're skint, which is fair enough.

Have a Google for famous actors in foreign commercials sometime. The biggest names in the world will advertise shite in the most humiliating ways, so long as the fanbase back home doesn't hear about it...and they aren't doing it out of love for the products.

Famously satirised in Friends:

There's an arthritis awareness advert on the go which looks like something out of Brass Eye. A guy gets out of prison, gets a job at a cobblers, gets to see his son again, then he can't get out of bed and the guy who hired him rolls his eyes and he doesn't pick the wean up from somewhere. It's surreal.

12 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

There's an arthritis awareness advert on the go which looks like something out of Brass Eye. A guy gets out of prison, gets a job at a cobblers, gets to see his son again, then he can't get out of bed and the guy who hired him rolls his eyes and he doesn't pick the wean up from somewhere. It's surreal.

I saw that. Had no idea what it was all about at first. Thought it was something about second chances as the guy seemed pleased to have got a job and was turning his life around. Was chuckling when it was ARTHRITIS (in capitals as that's how it felt the advert represented the condition).

One that's really getting on my nerves is the one for holiday insurance where the couple book a holiday (even though the guy has high blood pressure) and the woman then invites her mother along. The old cow is probably senile and incontinent, just what you want on holiday. If ever a woman deserved a kick in the pie, it's the wife here.