The Dundee United Derby, Tues 11 Aug 2015

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not just the Bain save (did he really touch that? Stream was a bit grainy) but Utd had a great breakaway chance that got arsed up just before it. too.

Only started watching at 2-1, had a feeling some SCENES may have been on the cards.

Keeper maybe a bit unsighted for the parry? Didn't look too clever anyway, wasn't right in the corner.

McNamara storming off in a wee huff at the end too, top lol.

I'm failing to see what Nick Ross brings to the table, I said as much on Saturday too.

Is that the same Nick Ross as started against Brechin ? The same Nick Ross who wouldn't get near the first team when the serious stuff started ? :lol::lol:

In fact 9 ( NINE) of Dundee's starting 11 tonight featured in the game at Brechin ( incidentally the worst Brechin team for many years ) and lost !!! . I thought you lot said that Dundee played their second team that night ?

Fair play though , that hiding must have fired some fighting spirit into those guys to get a draw against Celtic reserves tonight.

I went for a pish before McPake scored but I had already formulated my eulogy:

I LOVE THIS DUNDEE TEAM

I thought we were beat - but I love watching this team. It was a great game to watch.

We played brilliantly in the first half but didn't take the chances - but shit, the team is

still getting used to one another. Spittals goals were beautiful. The first was magnificent

and the second well worked.

United -like Hearts - found a way to play against us. They pressurised us well and the first goal

came from them winning a ball they shouldn't have won. At 2-0 I still thought we might take something

from the game because we have the quality and the skill. And then Greg scored one of his signature

left footers from the right. I thought United would manage to see out the game - and as stated I had to

go for a pish - and when I came back McPake had slipped it in - ECSTACY........

A fookin great game from two good sides (Collins take note!!!!) DUNDEE DERBY ROCKS

DUNDE -DUNDEE -DENDEE and so on. Great game and great advertisement for Scottish football

No idea where those four minutes came from, but fair result in the end. Crackin game. United much better when Souttar and Rankin pulled themselves into the game.

Obviously from Zwick time wasting from about the 55th minute even when it was 0-0. It's called karma, his mothers a brickie. United deserved the win from when SaftFeet10 went off. Literally tore us apart. Over the piece, a draw probably about fair.

I never seen any pre match or half time what the f**k has happened to Christian Daily? Holy f**k

That was a fantastic game Dundee where far the better team in the first half and United the better in the 2nd. A draw was probably the right result but as a neutral gotta love the scenes

No need to comment on individual moments in the match (I'll maybe do that once I've calmed down!) but with my level headed football head on I just have to say, what a derby. You are lucky to be at a game like that once in god knows how many seasons, and you sit through a fair amount of shite most weeks but that was a superb evening of football and a brilliant Dundee derby. The atmosphere was outstanding for the entire match and despite both sets of fans claiming we enjoy it when one team is totally shit I would much rather have it like it was tonight and two good Dundee teams go at it like that for 90 minutes, give me a derby like that every time. I'm going home to watch most of it all over again.

Archived