Alloa vs Rangers Sunday 16th August

Are we? What picture? I read the programme and didn't notice anything.

post-20056-14398318451391_thumb.jpg

Seemingly a sly dig at The People. Think someone's even contacted the police. Pathetic!

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol:

Ahem...disgraceful stuff. Well done to the Bears for not rioting, under such terrible provocation. Combined with all our recent games against teams called Rangers, it wouldn't surprise me if this was part of some terrible conspiracy.

That young lad with the Nineties haircut is quite right to try and entertain his team's fans when the pressure's off. It's not like he nutmegged Hamilton and waited so he could do it again or anything disrespectful like that. You can understand Hamilton's frustration straight after the game, but I've no doubt he'll have a more easygoing attitude to the whole thing now. Storm in a teacup from the papers, yet again.

:P

An interesting quote from Hamilton "“But he’s come up here and he’s trying to show off, trying to make a name for himself,” he added"

An interesting quote from Hamilton "“But he’s come up here and he’s trying to show off, trying to make a name for himself,” he added"

Aye, heaven forbid a footballer try and make a name for himself :rolleyes:

Golden rule surely is to keep your mouth shut and avoid interviews right after something embarrassing happens. Until you've mastered the dark art of smiling and laughing it off while making a mental note to check into the price of hitmen, obviously :P

I'd meant to add a bit to the bottom of that (doh!)

The guys been hurting, probably has little media training and let it all blurt out.

S'pose the papers have to take more of the blame for running with such a stupid story.

This has made it onto SSN now. Can't believe the fuss over someone attempting a piece of skill, losing possession then giving away a free kick.

Desperate attempt to dog-whistle idiots into giving the press an actual story. The media really are a shower of c***s.

I'd meant to add a bit to the bottom of that (doh!)

The guys been hurting, probably has little media training and let it all blurt out.

S'pose the papers have to take more of the blame for running with such a stupid story.

Probably all true.

The lad would have been wiser keeping his mouth shut. I'm guessing he will will do next time.

I for one am delighted Rangers are finally turning up and winning, for one I am going to make a packet backing them to destroy us diddies and it means once yourselves and hibs eventually go up we can maybe get a crack at promotion ourselves.

If the Queen's play as well as they did last season I honestly don't think they have anything to fear regarding St Mirren and the spoon burners having seen all three teams a couple of time since the turn of the year QotS have as good a shout of promotion as the other two.

As for Rangers they will do what Hertz did last season and run away with the championship so 2nd place is wide open imho.

This has made it onto SSN now. Can't believe the fuss over someone attempting a piece of skill, losing possession then giving away a free kick.

The bit that rips my knitting is that the boy played his first game in Scotland and set up two goals (one of which was offside) but this hasn't been mentioned.

Something is utterly rotten about a number of fans/clubs/new outlets here.

Probably all true.The lad would have been wiser keeping his mouth shut. I'm guessing he will will do next time.

Indeed. He's a guy not accustomed to dealing with the media who has been naive. The press are 100% the baddies here IMO.

As I stated above, Danny Lennon was completely positive about what Oduwa did.

The bit that rips my knitting is that the boy played his first game in Scotland and set up two goals (one of which was offside) but this hasn't been mentioned.

Something is utterly rotten about a number of fans/clubs/new outlets here.

I think there's been plenty coverage of the effective impact Oduwa made.

Not sure what fans/clubs you are referring to and why. Can you be specific?

I think there's been plenty coverage of the effective impact Oduwa made.

Not sure what fans/clubs you are referring to and why. Can you be specific?

I presumed he was talking about Rangers, as the news outlets' coverage is primarily aimed at their fans (and Celtics).

Bit harsh IMO. The Bears on here have been quite reasonable about this non-event.

Of course he should have tried the move, he's a talented young player who has the confidence to attempt it, even though it didn't fully come off for him. If that had been Gascoigne or Moravcik they would have got plenty of plaudits for it, no matter the opposition.

The c**t would have been booted off the park in your day.

Bit harsh IMO. The Bears on here have been quite reasonable about this non-event.

Similarly no Alloa supporter has expressed any negativity about the Rangers player trying his fancy move.

Good points but the 'disrespect' trope did stem from an Alloa player. Sure, the fans on here have been fine about it but it's disappointing to see the papers making a story where none exists.

I think that the press really has made something out of nothing here, which really does show how scummy they actually are.

I have no problem with the guy ‘showboating’. If my team were pumping another team and one of our guys had the capability to ‘show off’ and entertain, I’d be smiling too, but also worrying at what knuckle dragger was going to sort him out.

You have to remember that Hamilton was playing at Brechin last year, and this is possibly one of the biggest games he played in, and if he was ‘baited’ by the press, then he is a silly laddie and shame on the press for doing this to such a newby at this level.

Archived