Buying a new bed

Romeo

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wife is laughing away at your user name here throbber. She sticking to her guns re: the "european" sized bed.

I dont blame her - i constantly laugh at it myself as to how silly a man i am

One time i was with my family and i came out with a certain saying that i had used on here before but it wasn't a well known phrase and after i said it a certain family member decided to google said phrase and then said "I have an example here by someone called throbber....." and read out this excruciating ridiculous post of mine where i used said phrase at the end. I was trying to keep a straight face but i definitely got away with it. My Mrs knows i post under that name i think, thank f**k she wasn't in the room!

Super King is where it's at.

It's only a small room, wouldn't have enough room.

Mixture of pocket springs and memory foam is the best. Your Mrs is smart.

She says she likes you.

But their is no substitute for having a lie down on the actual mattress/ bed before buying it to see if you both like it.

We did a bit of that tonight.

But their is no substitute for having a lie down on the actual mattress/ bed before buying it to see if you both like it.

Absolutely this. No different to sitting on a couch to test it out imo. Don't think I'd ever order something online or whatever for something I'd be spending so much of my life in.

Think we spent about £150 on the bed frame and the same on a memory foam mattress (both king size). Rather fine choice I do say.

Shiny bed sheets however. Hate them.

My take? Latex beds are like sleeping on plastic. The headlines look good but the delivery is poor. I'd get a 'proper' pocket-sprung mattress, the most expensive you can afford. The ones my weans have also have a memory-foam top. They love it but I'm not that keen on it.

Miracoil 7 mattress with a northern nights featherbed from QVC on top. Paired with high thread count bedding this combo is serious luxury. I sleep like the princess and the pea.....

Loved the princess and the pea. That's my second favourite fairytale after Little Red Riding Hood

Super King size with tempur mattress from dreams. Wasn't cheap but 3 years later it I and the missus still think it was well worth it. Cannae beat a good nights sleep in a big comfy bed.

Got a new bed out of ikea the other week. £105 for the frame, £20 for the slats. Mattress is... seven years old, I think. f**k knows how much that cost.

Why buy a new bed if you're keeping the old mattress? Seems odd to me.

Just bought new bedframe and a mirapocket mattress - 1100 notes so I'd better sleep like Jenson Button on it when it gets delivered.

Just bought a fucking lovely king size bed. Just waiting on it being delivered sometime in the next fortnight. Cannot fucking wait, genuinely nothing better than a good bed.

Archived