Montrose v Clyde

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Including pre-season friendlies we're still awaiting a goal from a forward or a midfielder - after 8 games :o .

Favourites for the League :lol: .

Am I allowed to pass comment on our manager yet (and his 4th attempt at building a team), or is it still too early in the season?

Including pre-season friendlies we're still awaiting a goal from a forward or a midfielder - after 8 games :o .

Favourites for the League :lol: .

Am I allowed to pass comment on our manager yet (and his 4th attempt at building a team), or is it still too early in the season?

I'm going to wait until next weeks game against East Stirling but it's worrying that other teams have improved and with all those good signings we have made we are still struggling.

I've been delaying placing my bet on Clyde to win the title as the odds keep improving every week, but we all know it's only a matter of time before the biggest club in the league begin their inevitable climb to the summit - how much longer should I wait?

Left hospital at 2am .. On train at 10am

Nice tippy.tappy fitba. They take 4 passes to get into box we take 24...

Midfield too slow. Old n defensive..

Asked Q do we need an attackn mid at fans thing....Told no..

Scunnered

thought we werent allowed to complain this early in the season ????

Left hospital at 2am .. On train at 10am

Nice tippy.tappy fitba. They take 4 passes to get into box we take 24...

Midfield too slow. Old n defensive..

Asked Q do we need an attackn mid at fans thing....Told no..

Scunnered

seriously though bad result on the back of last week's just need to hope the manager can find the right combination of players tactics to turn it around

we need a result next week badly

I love how Montrose get absolutely no credit from opposition fans who expect 12 points a season from us. Long may this smug joy continue :)

By most accounts I've seen so far we were worth the win; took our chances eventually, had a good shape, held the ball well, frustrated and tired Clyde out etc

Important for people to not over react if we lose. Montrose look much improved.

if we lose next week the season is starting to look like a carbon copy of last season would that be considered an over reaction ?

Things which didn't surprise me at all today:

Clyde were thugs - not sure how the card count stayed at 3 or how Linton escaped without a booking.

Ref was awful - see above; our penalty never was and didn't even see the push on Fraser despite standing next to him.

Campbell will miss a sitter - first half, inside 6 yard box, smacks cross bar.

Things which did surprise me: Last season we would have hit the bar and missed a penalty and gone on to lose.

Another solid clean sheet, Steves and Pascazio solid and a couple good saves second half.

To work on: Watson disappeared second half and Clyde had complete control of the centre of the field for tail end of first half and 20 mins of second half whilst we sat far too deep. Out with that period McCord and Watson putting in plenty of tracking back and supporting.

Very pleasing 3 points. However we were 6 points from 9 at this point last year, but definite and clear improvements in fitness, shape, final ball and set pieces. Long may it continue.

Out played, out thought, out fought. Absolutely crap, no one who even looks capable of scoring.

This is the team Barry carefully assembled over the close season - didn't he do well!

Just go now, Ferguson, and stop embarrassing us. Anyone who still believes you can become a good manager is clearly deluded.

It's funny, that... I could've sworn it was Hugh Murray's face on the back of the milk cartons I lifted from our front step this morning.

Someone wrote above that our midfield was too old, slow and defensive. Well... As Roy Walker of catchphrase fame would say: it's good but it's not the one!

It's too slow in and around the middle of the pitch - yes. Its age is, except perhaps in the case of Scott McLaughlin, unconnected to that however. And it certainly doesn't suffer from an inclination to defend. Quite the reverse: it is because it is a midfield that would rather have the ball than win it that we'll continue to lose matches.

Today's eleven wasn't one that was likely to win the match, despite what chances it created. Those chances reflect only the individual quality which we're very fortunate to have. The reality is that we'd do well to make a play off spot fielding a team like that from now until the season's end.

If there is a hopeful reflection one can have after this match and the last, it is that we have the capacity to atone for our failure. We have the players. But do we have the manager?

And just to show that us Clyde types aren't without humility... Hats off to Montrose. Their team is considerably better than last we saw it.

I leave you with this thought. Humility is a virtue. But when one takes refuge in it, one eschews one's will to win.

Archived