Montrose v Clyde

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Completely disagree that it wont be pretty on the eye....when deployed as a striker last year, the likes of Parker and Ferguson were more than able to get on the end of knockdowns from McQueen. Campbell, Higgins and Gormley have shown ability to read situations fairly accurately, and don't have problems making decisions when in possession. This tactic may also take pressure off our completely paceless midfield, thus allowing us to encourage Murray and McLaughlin to play the game they were hired to play. A focal point in attack allows the team to rest in posession.

I know I will cop it for this but if our season depends on booting balls up to a mc queen and picking up the scrapes then mid table at best I know he is a favourite but mc queen for me is an impact substitute would go with the same team as last week with Fergie in for brisbane we played really well first 25 last week would give it another go

My plan B would be bring Chucky on and start playing the long ball. Not pretty on the eye but will no doubt pick up a few points

That's the problem. This is the plan B and it doesn't work beacause chucky is not a striker and can't hold it up unfortunately. Barry either needs another striker who can come of the bench to change a game or start with 2 strikers instead of 3 which would mean changing formation. We can't just keep bringing chucky on to solve every problem.

Was on holiday, so didn't make the game last week.

See a lot of chat about how well we played for the first third of the game and also most calling for Brisbane to be benched. He started, so was part of the team that played when things were going well - did the game bypass him or is he taking sole blame for the decline in our performance ?

Was on holiday, so didn't make the game last week.

See a lot of chat about how well we played for the first third of the game and also most calling for Brisbane to be benched. He started, so was part of the team that played when things were going well - did the game bypass him or is he taking sole blame for the decline in our performance ?

Not him to blame for the result, he just had a pretty uneventful game. Never done anything of any note and was rightly hooked for Ferguson.

Was on holiday, so didn't make the game last week. See a lot of chat about how well we played for the first third of the game and also most calling for Brisbane to be benched. He started, so was part of the team that played when things were going well - did the game bypass him or is he taking sole blame for the decline in our performance ?
Can see where ur going with this. Not every team is built in 30-goal strikers or effervrscent flying wingers. What i would say Matty is with the players at disposal, Brisbane isnt perhaps suited to playing in a swift-flowing front four.....
Brisbane offers absolutely nothing. I've only been at the league games so far but yet to see anything which offers any hint that he could be a valuable player. Needs time on the bench.
Durie's current unavialabilty has shown up what we'd always been concerned with....squad dependancy. Marko isn't getting any younger...personally i'd pray at the feet of a statue of the man at 2.54 every second week if i thought i would make a difference, his curremt absence has hastened a change in formation.....there's not many centre-halfs who would facilitate that at any level of the game. If his absence provides more options further up the field, personally i belive SF7 ought to be given a bash.....finishing games with fucking Marsh wide on the right is (rather ironically) the kind of mental shit Burley used to pull with the national side. The tools are there for a functional team.....it WILL come good. IBWT.

Think Brisbane would be suited playing behind the striker in the middle, sure he was a centre mid for east Stirling.

Would maybe revert to a 442 and have gormley up top with Campbell doing the running off him, worth a shot as goals in this formation are an issue already.

looks like good support heading up to montrose sure we will get a result

for fans heading who are going to take your sweety papers to rattle during the game don't want to upset the any fellow supporters if we score wave a hanky

3 1 Clyde

It looks like Marko isn't going to be playing again today which is a big problem if Mitchell is going to play right back again as he was really poor there last week.

Or alternatively, he was good at right back in the previous three matches.

Or alternatively, he was good at right back in the previous three matches.

I have only saw him twice in the Stirling and QP games and I haven't been too impressed with him but I understand that he isn't a right back in a 4 and will be more suited to the right wing back if we go to a 3-5-2.

Archived