Montrose v Clyde

Did Barry Ferguson genuinely say that you don't need creative players at this level and then go on to lead a team who haven't scored in open play for weeks?

If that's true, the guy's a genuine fucking idiot.

Story checks out - his team were a bunch of hooligans yesterday and a couple of them were quite lucky to stay on the park.

Bazza must stay.

tumblr_mk6xjcXSBd1rkz645o1_400.gif

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scott McLaughlin is only 31, his age isn't the problem. His lack of ability as a footballer is much more of an issue.

With respect, I think there are two things wrong with that analysis. One: his age - or the decline of his fitness to be more precise - would be tantamount to a 'lack of ability'. Two: implying that thirty-one isn't over-the-hill suggests a fixed age of decline for all footballers, an obviously inaccurate suggestion.

At thirty-one, McLaughlin is the antithesis of agile. His toiling and gingerly demeanour is simply the consequence of being less fit than he was a few years ago. Some players survive the transition from full-time to part-time football better than others.

He'll go the way of Alex 'Toastie' Burns and be a Juniors-maestro in a year or two. Or perhaps another league two team will get some change out of him by using him as a full-back, wide-man or floating player.

Not scoring the chances we made came back to haunt us again somehow archie managed to mess up a great chance to put us 1-0 in the first few minutes also fergie was unlucky not to get on the scoresheet yesterday. We should have got a stonewall penalty for handball but the ref didn't give it. We really miss shug to anchor the midfield and he wasn't even on the bench yesterday and we are also missing marko and durie badly. Already next week is a big game against east stirlingshire and we need to put in a performance and get some confidence back in the team.

Montrose (surprised a couple of oscars weren't handed out to a few of their players) similar to queens park are nothing special and again its mistakes by our players that are costing us goals.

Seeing as we're entertaining hypotheticals on this thread. Here is my tuppence-worth.

You are the manager of a League Two club aspiring to promotion. You have one centre-half signed. His name is Mark McLaughlin. You want to sign another and are presented with three options. By name those options are Brian McQueen, Chris Smith and Michael Bolochoweckyj.

Your budget permits the signing of only one of the three. Who do you sign?

For me, it's a silly manager that snubs McQueen. Irrespective of what position he's been plying his trade in most recently.

Smith and Bolochoweckyj should play second-fiddle to him. With Smith being deferred first.

Not the most urgent of changes Clyde need to make perhaps. But certainly worthwhile.

Seeing as we're entertaining hypotheticals on this thread. Here is my tuppence-worth.

You are the manager of a League Two club aspiring to promotion. You have one centre-half signed. His name is Mark McLaughlin. You want to sign another and are presented with three options. By name those options are Brian McQueen, Chris Smith and Michael Bolochoweckyj.

For me, it's a silly manager that snubs McQueen. Irrespective of what position he's been plying his trade in most recently.

Smith and Bolochoweckyj should play second-fiddle to him. With Smith being deferred first.

Not the most urgent of changes Clyde need to make perhaps. But certainly worthwhile.

If you look at the stats from yesterday the teams were very close on possession . Montrose deserved the win as they created a lot more chances than Clyde and really should have won 4 - 0 if they hadn't missed the penalty and they didn't miss the sitter that hit the post.

Clyde pressured for the last 15 but never created one effort.

I don't mind Campbell going in the channels to pick the ball up providing there is support pushing up (Higgins especially).

In my hazy memory, wasn't Montrose' second goal a goal kick and about three touches later it's in the net?

I think the problem is that McQueen was really poor at centre half last season when he did play there and I don't think BF rates him at centre half and with him being handy up front at times I don't think we will see him at the back unless there is bad injury problems which is a shame as he was outstanding the season before last when he played at the back.

Moattachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1440334081.469666.jpg seen a bit about a Spanish lad training and this popped up on the raith rovers thread

He's playing in a testimonial against Montrose roselea, surprisingly been told it's not the guy that's been training with us but is a student over here studying.

We wait and see.

The reason Campbell was out wide is because he was playing as a left winger.

think one of the problems is both our forwards go wide they are invariable hit balls into the middle for a lone striker I know the modern way is to get midfield runners and cut inside players in hole , these are fine if you have the players with ability and pace , a very rare commodity at our level , think we need to simplify our play the successful teams at this level are usually pretty solid at the back reasonable midfield and a good goalscorer

back to basics

interesting after a couple of bad results the Clyde fc bunker has been reopened ????not a word from the manager players or our media friendly directors normal service has been resumed ????

Totally pissed off nothing has changed from last year only 3 of last years original squad left McQueen, marsh and fergie and they will be gone on loan or shipped out by Xmas.imo last seasons squad was better carried more of a threat up front but this is now bf squad and here we are being fed the same old bullshit in his words there will be a clearout.he cannot get players to play for him the list of players he has let go and passed on is a mile long.fed up waiting on the new dawn we can't afford to give the rest of the league a 4 or 6 point start his man management skills are zero he has no empathy with any of the players and struggles to build a dressing room that respects him please board wake up and smell the coffee or is just Barry is paying some of the wage bill himself to try and buy some credibility for a career at Clyde fc that is littered with total disappointment end of rant

Archived